Doctors visit regarding COPD

Status
Not open for further replies.

marlboro_man

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
Across-the-Pond-England-UK
That is great to hear Marlboro Man! I knew there had to be other stories out there like mine. The more of these stories that get out and the more doctors see what a difference vaping makes we will win them over in spite of all the obstacles thrown up by legislators.:)

Thanks for the reply TX

I really hate to say this but most of the so-called medical people her are blind to what I try to tell them ...all I get is OH! thats nice,so your feeling a lot better now,Yes I say I use this now to get my nico fix and my lungs are clear,,,well well done keep taking the medicine and we'll see you in 6 months....

I am not senile I am 61 yrs old I am improved by this new technology The BBC have tried to denouce it The media have no right to They have not asked me what I know...

Again the people who matter to save NHS costs are not listened to

Its the same old crock No money in well people No money non oil rich countries

I am just gonna count my blessings and keep stumm from now on

God bless you all inc TX

oldfatguy

ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2011
Texas
My doctor told me about three years ago I had the start of COPD and should quit smoking. I tried and managed to go 28 days before I decided I would be better off smoking. I looked at the e cig about a year ago but got ripped off by one of those online pop up ads. Finally I got an e mail from a pastor who talked about a man in his church who had quit by using the e cig. I wrote to him and he sent me the name of an HONEST company. I have now been off analogs for almost 45 days. The best part is I do not see myself going back to smoking. Thanks for your story. I am also an old vet and got real good at smoking overseas. When people are shooting at you, there is not much reason to worry about your health except for ducking.

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
My doctor told me about three years ago I had the start of COPD and should quit smoking. I tried and managed to go 28 days before I decided I would be better off smoking. I looked at the e cig about a year ago but got ripped off by one of those online pop up ads. Finally I got an e mail from a pastor who talked about a man in his church who had quit by using the e cig. I wrote to him and he sent me the name of an HONEST company. I have now been off analogs for almost 45 days. The best part is I do not see myself going back to smoking. Thanks for your story. I am also an old vet and got real good at smoking overseas. When people are shooting at you, there is not much reason to worry about your health except for ducking.

Great to hear another oldfatguy making the smartest decision you will ever make as far as health is concerned other than ducking at the right time. You have made it 45 days and you will make it forever.
Good job and good decision!

Rar

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2011
Champlain Valley, NY
This is a great testimony, Tx. Thanks for sharing it. I am 61 years old and have smoked most of 40 years, with a few breaks here and there. Though I haven't had any doctor's confirmation yet, I feel as though my breathing has improved already. My goal is to be able to walk the golf course this summer. I certainly couldn't have done it last year.

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
This is a great testimony, Tx. Thanks for sharing it. I am 61 years old and have smoked most of 40 years, with a few breaks here and there. Though I haven't had any doctor's confirmation yet, I feel as though my breathing has improved already. My goal is to be able to walk the golf course this summer. I certainly couldn't have done it last year.

Be sure to do a follow up after your doctor visit. I go in for some breathing tests next week and I'm excited to find out the results.

biffette

ECF Veteran
grats.gif
as a fellow geezer, i'm really proud of you. :D

kharte29

Apr 18, 2011
uk
  • Deleted by ejoker

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
I went to the VA again for a pulmonary respiratory test and the Tech giving the test was very impressed. He said my lungs were in better shape than his and he was 20 years younger. He said he was down to five or six cigarettes a day but couldn't quit completely. I showed him my Go-Go and gave a vaping demonstration. I was prepared this time with some ecf cards and gave him about ten to give to other vets that can't quit. I wish I had a prior test before quiting smoking to compare the results with.
I haven't seen the doctor again yet to find out the official results but will post what they say later.

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
Well I got my tests back and they say I have moderate to severe emphysema so I just waited to long to quit but I feel and breathe 100% better than I did when I smoked. I seldom use an inhaler anymore and recently moved and had to do a lot of heavy lifting and was able to do it with no breathing problems. I would not have been able to do that 17 almost 18 months ago. I hope this encourages some of you younger exsmokers to stay vaping and don't ever go back to cigarettes and to older people like myself that might also have COPD that quitting smoking now will still greatly improve your health and give you a better quality of life. I feel really really good though and enjoying my newest and best PV I've had yet, the new Echo automatic that has a 1300 mah battery and 3.5 ml carto that is really user friendly.

Rar

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2011
Champlain Valley, NY
Thanks for the update Tx. I'm sorry to hear about the emphysema. Did they give you breathing exercises to help improve breathing function? I'm glad you are feeling much better, though. It's very possible that if you hadn't quit smoking 18 months ago, you would be on oxygen by now - so you are holding the nasty disease at bay by vaping. Keep up the great work.

fairweasel2323

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2011
Marion, OH
My Dad was a smoker for 50 years before he got so bad he had to quit or he was going to die! He has Congestive heart failure, left ventricular heart disease, copd, and emphysema! He has been having to live with a defib/pacemaker and now he just had open heart surgery and had a LVAD ( heart pump) a Heart mate 2 and has to wear a computer on belt and have two walkman size batterys on each side and has to be hooked up to a Power Module at night. he was a big inspiration for me to quit when i had so much trouble with the gum, patches, Chantix, etc.. I got me a 510-t now I have been cigarette free for over a month! its the longest I have went without a cancer stick for 16years!!! I love vaping and it doesn't even bother Dad!! I figured if i had such a hard time quitting I might as well try one out at least im still getting my nicotine in a healthier way!

I too told my Dr. about quitting smoking (he prescribed the chantix) and he was really interested in my PV too! He actually asked me if it was ok if he asked his recipionst come back into the exam room, for me to explain how it worked! I believe she is a smoker and trying to quit too. But I gave him one of my cards from cignot.com where I got my kit and he was going to make copy's to pass out to his other patients that are smokers! Next visit I will have to give him one from unsmoke.us too (where I order my liquid) very good E-Liquid!!

fairweasel2323

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2011
Marion, OH
Oh and yes he let me vape and I let her (reciponist) try it out too right there in the exam room!

A very good story glad to heart ur lungs are improving now ur not smoking all those chemicals they put into cigarettes! Wish u the best as I know what is like. I lost alot of my uncles and aunts to smoking too seems like back in them days smoking was the ting to do i know my dad started at 9-10yrs old he is now 63 and smoke free has alot of health issues alot of medications and a LVAD (Left Ventricular Assist Device) a defib/pacemaker cant do much of anything thats too active but hes still alive and still happy to be living still!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread