Status
Not open for further replies.

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
Thanks
Just got off the phone with my little brother.Had a long tuff love conversation about his health. I am forever hopeful !
So glad for your post glad you quit!

I hope you had success with your brother. Stay off Main St. in Cowtown and you will have a better chance of staying off cigarettes! lol:2cool:

johnathan777

ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2011
Fort Worth
I hope you had success with your brother. Stay off Main St. in Cowtown and you will have a better chance of staying off cigarettes! lol:2cool:

Txtumbleweed
How ya doing .Hoping your health continues to improve !Today is day 33 smoke free for me.My brother-n-law has made the full transition to full time vaping now.At first the 18mg nic was making him wheeze.Got him some 12mg nic and it is all good.No analogs for him about 5 days and vaping 9 or 10 days.Just got his son started vaping. This has become a mission for me now as I have 5 work mates that have ordered the Riva SE from liberty flights and resserrector 1.7ohm cartomizers from Crystal Clear Vaping.Vaping is truly a miracle replacement to cigaretts!

wizard10000

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
midwestern us
I also have COPD and adult onset asthma and I quit smoking two months ago.

Saw the doc today because my lungs took a dump on me about three days ago - standard treatment when this happens to me is a shot of steroids, five days each of Prednisone and Zithromycin and it happens about every three months - this is the first time my lungs have checked out since I quit smoking, though.

Did I mention how much I hate Prednisone? :D

Anyway, doc says my blood pressure is down and he can't hear anything in my lungs but normal breath sounds - the constant rattle he's used to hearing is completely gone. First time he didn't even give me a chest x-ray - he gave me the shot and the scripts and sent me on my way :)

Anyway, another couple days and I'll be right as rain - but I'd felt so good after quitting smoking I went off my inhaled meds, and once we get this little infection cleared up I'll be back in the groove. The lungs giving up the ghost was kind of a harsh reminder that quitting smoking doesn't cure COPD, but it has made things one heck of a lot better.

johnathan777

ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2011
Fort Worth
I also have COPD and adult onset asthma and I quit smoking two months ago.

Saw the doc today because my lungs took a dump on me about three days ago - standard treatment when this happens to me is a shot of steroids, five days each of Prednisone and Zithromycin and it happens about every three months - this is the first time my lungs have checked out since I quit smoking, though.

Did I mention how much I hate Prednisone? :D

Anyway, doc says my blood pressure is down and he can't hear anything in my lungs but normal breath sounds - the constant rattle he's used to hearing is completely gone. First time he didn't even give me a chest x-ray - he gave me the shot and the scripts and sent me on my way :)

Anyway, another couple days and I'll be right as rain - but I'd felt so good after quitting smoking I went off my inhaled meds, and once we get this little infection cleared up I'll be back in the groove. The lungs giving up the ghost was kind of a harsh reminder that quitting smoking doesn't cure COPD, but it has made things one heck of a lot better.

Hello Wizard
Hope you get to feeling better.Did you discuss vaping with the Doc.Your impovment is just short of a miracle and your quitting is a miracle ! Good for you!
34 smoke free days for me today! Yea baby Yea !

wizard10000

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
midwestern us
Hello Wizard
Hope you get to feeling better.Did you discuss vaping with the Doc.Your impovment is just short of a miracle and your quitting is a miracle ! Good for you!
34 smoke free days for me today! Yea baby Yea !

I did - he's been extremely supportive and says he doesn't care if I have nicotine as long as I'm not smoking to get it :)

johnathan777

ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2011
Fort Worth
These stories are so inspirational! I've been vaping for about two weeks now, no analogs at all since starting. Just ordered my wife a kit and I'm hopeful she'll give it a try too. She's a pretty tough customer though, but I'm keeping a positive frame of mind about it. Best of luck to all of you!

Good for you. Hope y'all have continued sucess!

Sent from my SPH-M580 using Tapatalk

wizard10000

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
midwestern us
These stories are so inspirational! I've been vaping for about two weeks now, no analogs at all since starting. Just ordered my wife a kit and I'm hopeful she'll give it a try too. She's a pretty tough customer though, but I'm keeping a positive frame of mind about it. Best of luck to all of you!

My wife quit three weeks after I did - hopefully yours will follow your example.

Good luck -

johnathan777

ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2011
Fort Worth
Thanx tx...I introduced a viet vet to ecigs and he's starting a wave at the local VA

Welcome npmillertime you did a great thing and saved lives helping people vape !

I wanted to update I'm on day 51 and feel great. At my work I sit in the smoking area and vape away.Well I am glad to say that 35 people have ordered a Riva 510 and are using them. A friend made a sign that says DFW Vapers club and hung it up. All have reduced their smoking greatly half of them have dropped cig's completely !
One guy went from 3 packs a day to vapping full time. The vappers are almost out numbering the smokers. This is the absolute best thing I have ever got involved with.I believe it is a gift from our creator to free us from smoking tobacco !

Going to Florida to deliver my brothers kit and give him a few days of vapping lessons. I am so very happy to be part of it all!

Last edited:

juicejunky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
gone
Welcome npmillertime you did a great thing and saved lives helping people vape !

I wanted to update I'm on day 51 and feel great. At my work I sit in the smoking area and vape away.Well I am glad to say that 35 people have ordered a Riva 510 and are using them. A friend made a sign that says DFW Vapers club and hung it up. All have reduced their smoking greatly half of them have dropped cig's completely !
One guy went from 3 packs a day to vapping full time. The vappers are almost out numbering the smokers. This is the absolute best thing I have ever got involved with.I believe it is a gift from our creator to free us from smoking tobacco !

Going to Florida to deliver my brothers kit and give him a few days of vapping lessons. I am so very happy to be part of it all!

Wow!!!!!!!! Fantastic story and conversion rate. Congrats on your success both the 51 days and the 35 people.

johnathan777

ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2011
Fort Worth
Wow!!!!!!!! Fantastic story and conversion rate. Congrats on your success both the 51 days and the 35 people.

Thanks
It is amazing how well the vaping kills the smoking urge. Find the right device and flavor juice and it is auto piolt from ther !

Sent from my SPH-M580 using Tapatalk

Skeeter T

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2011
Rancho Cucamonga CA
Tx ... Wow, I really related to your story. I picked up COPD about 5 years ago after 50 years of straight smoking. Like you, started at 15. Couldn't laugh without deep heavy coughing. Couldn't even talk without coughing. Wheezing a lot day and night and snoring to the point my wife would have to wake me up 4 times a night because she couldn't sleep thru all the noise. Nose running all the time, two different inhalers and a pack a day. I was a 3 PAD in my 20's & 30's.

Before discovering e-cigs 4 months ago, I knew for fact that I was on a straight road to oxygen and a grave and there was nothing I could do about it because I wouldn't give up smoking. I went for my annual check up last month when I was down to 2 or 3 cigs a day and scared stiff the doc was going to give me the bad news. To my utter surprise, my lungs were clear and the doc said I didn't need inhalers anymore.

All of my smoking symptoms are now pretty close to gone, but I don't expect them to disappear. Damage was done and I have to pay the price, but the price isn't much. Ecigs are a miracle for me. My wife now thinks that I'm going to outlive her. In the mean time, I still carry analogs everywhere I go and have maybe one or none a day, which doesn't bother me in the least, because the taste is getting worse and I know I'll eventually quit. Someone told me, it's not how much I smoke, it's how much I don't smoke. That is really, really comforting to me.

I have a Reo Grand and Mini now and just discovered Boge carto's. Fantastic! Can't wait for the Reo VV Grand. I haven't found my all day vape yet, but I'm getting closer.

Anyway, thank you so much for sharing your story. You made me realize how thankful I am to have found ecigs, which I'm also telling everyone, smokers and non, how great they are and how much they've helped me. It seems the "non" folks always have a smoking relative that wants to quit. So you don't behave yourself. It's more fun. Take care.

Ted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread