Does anybody know where to find tobacco flavored flavoring?

Status
Not open for further replies.

renderwerks

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2009
SoCal - The IE
Be very careful as you do that. You'll also be extracting nicotine, which is toxic.

Well, ended up with about 2ml of tobacco "extract". Very strong tobacco odor, nearly black/brown. As far as nic content - tried a little calc - 2400mg tobacco x 3% (.03) nic content= 72mg nic; If I managed to get 75% (.75) of it out - 72mg x .75=54mg. 2ml of liquid - 54mg / 2ml=27mg/ml.

OK, mixed up about 3ml as follows: 48mg/ml PG, PG, VG, distilled water to make 24mg/ml liquid. Added 3 drops tobacco extract, 1 drop ea of capella caramel, vanilla, cool mint, 1 drop liquid smoke. The caramel and liquid smoke totally overran the flavor (especially the Liquid Smoke). Tried 5-6 mouthfuls - great vapor, but couldn't get past the taste. Back to the drawing board...

Check out the recent Seriously? Roast beef flavor? thread in the General E-Smoking Discussion forum.

Good luck! I'm very interested how the smokey tobacco and the beef jerky flavors turn out!

Thanks! What a great link. I checked out the flavor company in Italy; hardest part will be deciding what few flavors I'll order to start! Man, just when I think I'm about to break even (previous analog cost), out comes the credit card! here we go again!

Kate51

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Argyle Wi USA
JC used to use
TOBACCO ABSOLUTE
but I don't think they are anymore. Would love to try the Nicotiana rustica in some 24mg/mlVG, for a simple juice. Do you think it would in any way reflect the taste of tabacco?
Hate to try it 15ml $36, but would it make a nice juice? I prefer mild, lightly sweet.

vaporich

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2009
Pittsburgh
www.vaporich.com
  • Deleted by ZambucaLu
  • Reason: supplier ad

Kate51

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Argyle Wi USA
i have turkish flavor, flue cured tobacco flavor, and a tab flavor(tobacco blend)
i have tried all of them, and I like each one, but I think the turkish is the best.
Ok, this is all new to me, don't want to screw up, but are those "flavors" or essences or absolutes, and what are the differences if you would be so kind. The one I mentioned is the only extract or essence I have been able to find. Where do you get your turkish? Thanks

And MrsJaaxx, do you have larger quantities of your 24mg/mlVG, or no? That works terrific for me to mix with my JC, their new Tessnessee Cured is way too strong and is "reducedVG" now. The old flavor had essential oils (Virginia) and tobacco absolute (Burley) and I really liked that. But those oils and absolute has been removed from new flavors. (FDA?)
But your vg isn't half bad all by itself, terrific vapor, was thinking a little tobacco essence with it would make me a great juice. (milder) I've also cut back now from 24mg/ml with plain VG to 18mg/ml, so far no jitters, after a week that's pretty good for me I think. I'm super sensitive to PG for some odd reason, want a very simple juice, no exotics for me!

I'm also concerned a little with shelf life of the oils and absolutes.

Last edited:

flavapor

ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2009
orlando fl
I just read from another thread to put tobacco absolute, 1 drop into 2ml of alcohol (higher proof the better) to dilute it, (apparently its very strong) and if you dont dilute you get ashtray taste, than make your mix as usual. The place to get it is
perfumersapprentice It was an older thread, way down on the list, so several other people tried it and reported back that it worked great, tasted great and no ill effects on the atty. PM me when you try it as I will never find this again. I am going to order some myself.

Kate51

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Argyle Wi USA
So you guys are saying its safe (for us and our atomizers) to put the tobacco absolute in our ejuice?
Johnson Creek did use absolutes for their tobacco flavoreds. I think now they have curtailed that (because of FDA standards??) They used a 'Virginia' one and one called 'Burley'. So yes, they're safe, commercial cigarettes use it to enhance flavors also. But do have to watch the nic, and I think most sites where these are available do post the nic amounts. These absolutes as I understand have to be diluted prior to mixing to avoid sticking to the sides of your mixing container??

Last edited:

viachy

ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2009
Sofia, Bulgaria
Hello DIYers!;)

It`s been a long time since I last posted in this section!

The reason is because I can`t make a good mixture with the Loranns flavorings... I have tried several and none of them turned out to be vapeable....Actually neither me nor my lady like fruit liquids...

So I have 3 bottles of Unflavored Eastmall liquid that I need to use with some tobacco flavoring.. I saw this other thread about the Tobacco extractions and then I thought that might be a lucky try

So my quesion is has anyone tried for example this 555 Flavoring from LiquidXpress:

Eliquid Flavoring

Or any other advice will be much appreciated :rolleyes:

Kate51

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Argyle Wi USA
Hi guys,
So I ordered some Tobacco Absolute from The Perfumer's Apprentice.
It came in today.

HOLY COW ! :) It came in a teensy weensy bottle and it is very dark colored, like the darkest molasses. It is waaayyy strong and thick. I tried to pull some up with a syringe but I didn't get much. Then I decided to take the one very small drop and add it to 1ml 36mg Mboro that was cut with 1ml of a 50/50 PG/VG mixture that I keep on hand.

So here was about 2 ml of good 24mg fairly flavorless ejuice now spiked with Tobacco Absolute. I cleaned a cart and filled up.
WOW :shock: The flavor is very strong, woody and yes, tobacco but not really cigarette-like tobacco. I felt like I walked into a very good tobacco shop. It leaves a very slight warm licorice aftertaste that I do not mind.

One thing I think that would smooth out the flavor for me would be cocoa extract. I will be on the hunt for that tomorrow. :D

Note: If you do decide to get some tobacco absolute, you will only need one little bottle. It will last forever based on my first taste test. Try just dipping the tip of a glass dropper in it and stirring it around in 2-3ml of e-liquid.
Found this interesting. The tobacco absolute sounds wonderful, now to add some Ethyl Maltol for smoothing out the flavor?? For a slight caramally sounds almost like JC original with an attitude....that's what I'm after anyway.. still waiting for stuff to get here so can't say I'm going to be successful with any of this, could be another learning curve to overcome.....:rolleyes:

viachy

ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2009
Sofia, Bulgaria
Bump! Anyone? :cool:

Hello DIYers!;)

The reason is because I can`t make a good mixture with the Loranns flavorings... I have tried several and none of them turned out to be vapeable....Actually neither me nor my lady like fruit liquids...

So I have 3 bottles of Unflavored Eastmall liquid that I need to use with some tobacco flavoring.. I saw this other thread about the Tobacco extractions and then I thought that might be a lucky try

So my quesion is has anyone tried for example this 555 Flavoring from LiquidXpress:

Eliquid Flavoring

Mr. Tasty Vapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Thought I'd chime in here. The Perfumer's Apprentice has been FABULOUS for finding those "hard to find" additives. I've bought some of the Bulgarian Tobacco Absolute from them and have found the same typical results as everybody else. It's the "Greenness" that's hard to blend out. I'm actually setting any Bulgarian mixes on the backburner while I attempted an extraction.

I have a gallon mason jar with the rubber seal and metal locking lid that I thought would be PERFECT for macerating some tobacco in PG and seeing what I could get from that.

I picked up a 6oz. can of Natural Fresh Tobacco from Fresh Choice. It was a BEAUTIFUL blend of Virginia/Burley/Oriental. The smell was.....just scrumptious.

So, I stuffed it in the gallon jar and filled it 1/3 of the way with PG.

I agitated it two-three times a day and four days later, started the extraction process. Siphoned off the solids through a metal strainer, and again through a large tea strainer to get most of the larger solids out. I put on some rubber gloves and put the solids in a flour sack cloth and squeezed as much of the liquid I could out of the remaining tobacco. Unless I have a fruit press, I'm not going to have much more luck than what I'm getting now.

I have a dozen quart mason jars with the seal lid and the metal threaded disc that secures it. I left the flad lid portion out, lined a few of the quart bottles with cone coffee filters and secured it tight with the metal rings to prevent leakage outside the bottle from the filter absorbing liquid.

I sat there pouring and topping off the mason jars as needed to get everything through.

The liquid came through VERY clear, barely any sedimentation at all. Looking at it head on it looked like a dark brown. Held up to light it was this beautiful orange/red/brown color. The aroma was beautiful as the color.

Taste test time.

Dissappointment.

VERY slight on flavor. I ended up with a quart of the maceration. So, I thought I'd hit it with a few other things. Two drops of Tobacco Key Accord, six drops of Acetylpyrazine and about a 1/2 teaspoon of Ethyl Maltol that had been melted in a little PG.

Vaped that.

Still nill on the tobacco flavor, however, I could taste MORE of the Tobacco Key Accord than I needed to. The acetylpyrazine came through louder than I wanted to as well and I couldn't taste the ethyl maltol.

I'll have to blend this out in my next batches.

Next batch, will get HOT PG. I'm sure making a PG tea will produce better taste results. I'll have to step WAY back on the aromatics and a tad more EM this time.

I'll let you cats know how that goes.

Now I don't expect anybody else will be working on such a large scale, but it might help generate some smaller scale ideas.

Last edited:

Ragman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 19, 2009
Hamlin, New York, USA
Hello DIYers!;)

Eliquid Flavoring

I did and it wasnt a good experience. I tried it out and it tasted like straight PG. I added more, no change. I put some to my tongue and it still tasted like nothing. I wrote the vendor (liquidxpress) and told them. THey got back to me, said they didnt know what was wrong and gave me a credit which I still havent used. I was so bummed. Im still searching for the perfect 555 recipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread