Does anybody know where to find tobacco flavored flavoring?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scintar

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Pinellas Park FL
What a great find to add to my list of alternatives. I would imagine this original (tobacco flavor) is already diluted for our use and likely indeed derived from a tobacco extract or absolute or combination. I'm anxious to give it a try! Keep 'em coming! I've ordered some of the tobacco absolute to try. Now I've ordered some of this to try with it! Unfortunately for me, their 36mg unflavored DIY liquid is PG based, so this is the only product on there of SIGNIFICANT interest to me.
quote]

JB How did this work out for you? I'm Stll looking for somthing diffrent than the e-liquid tobacco flavor available out here. Everywhere I try to buy absolute from is sold out. ( You guys are sucking these suppliers out of supply lol) These suppliers probably had this stuff on their shelves forever and then BAM a ruch order came about. I actually was looking at the Snus option here... http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ng-nicotine-extraction-method.html#post261831
I ran all over town only to find camel snus frost flavor only. I said what the hell and got it and have 3 pouches soaking in 1/2 PG. I tried one and tasted minty. It mabe a good option for our menthol smokers But I need to finds me some better tobacco flavoring.... !!! ????

Drewsworld

Resting In Peace
Mar 14, 2009
New Jersey
www.nhaler.com
Jaxx made a good comment earlier...The flavor your looking for is BURNDT tobacco..not tobacco flavoring...You can soak rolling tobacco in everclear and get a tobacco odor which is very strong, but not a cigarette taste...tastes more like a wet ash tray...boil it down and its gotta pretty high nicotine content, but it comes out cheaper to just buy 36 mg liquid from someone with no risk of personal injury...There is a company that sells the tobacco flavors but only in bulk and you have to convince them that you have a use for it and are willing to buy it eventually in bulk...I am very reluctant to post because in the past the links that have been posted here are either sold out 2 days later or no longer sell because of the traffic it generates on there sites. It also requires careful mixing to achieve the right flavors...I can tell you that I ruined about $300.00 worth of this stuff experimenting and I am still not sure if it is going to work.

Last edited:

scintar

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Pinellas Park FL
Jaxx made a good comment earlier...The flavor your looking for is BURNDT tobacco..not tobacco flavoring...You can soak rolling tobacco in everclear and get a tobacco odor which is very strong, but not a cigarette taste...tastes more like a wet ash tray...boil it down and its gotta pretty high nicotine content, but it comes out cheaper to just buy 36 mg liquid from someone with no risk of personal injury...There is a company that sells the tobacco flavors but only in bulk and you have to convince them that you have a use for it and are willing to buy it eventually in bulk...I am very reluctant to post because in the past the links that have been posted here are either sold out 2 days later or no longer sell because of the traffic it generates on there sites. It also requires careful mixing to achieve the right flavors...I can tell you that I ruined about $300.00 worth of this stuff experimenting and I am still not sure if it is going to work.
I hear you man, Nah, I don't want to play with the pure nic, i know myself, i push everything to the limit. I just want to find the right concontion to find the flavor we are all looking for.

scintar

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Pinellas Park FL
Liquid Express has 555 and "Original" flavorings. I ordered one of each to see how it works out.

The snus method works, but the snus flavor just isn't quite up to what I expect (5 snus in about 1/2" of VG in a jar sitting for 3 days will give you a buzz, but flavor just ain't it for me).
I like the 555, prob my favorate. This snus frost is not gonna do it for me. i just dipped my finger in it and i get a good taste but not what im looking for. i may try a diffrent snus flavor.

Drewsworld

Resting In Peace
Mar 14, 2009
New Jersey
www.nhaler.com
The snus flavor look good...But are you actually extracting nicotine and waht strength is it?...After all that what is the price comparison? Its kinda fun at first, but after that what is the beneifit? I actually bought a used totally encapsulated HAZMAT suit to work with...(My daughter asked me why I was going to the moon aand when I was would be returning)...But after all that I had a bottle of brown stuff that I was afraid to bring in the house

scintar

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Pinellas Park FL
The snus flavor look good...But are you actually extracting nicotine and waht strength is it?...After all that what is the price comparison? Its kinda fun at first, but after that what is the beneifit? I actually bought a used totally encapsulated HAZMAT suit to work with...(My daughter asked me why I was going to the moon aand when I was would be returning)...But after all that I had a bottle of brown stuff that I was afraid to bring in the house
Yes there may be some content of nicotine in this solution but just letting it soak in PG is just to get the flavor. I would say if it was sitting in some everclear you world get a higher content of Nic.

I actually bought a used totally encapsulated HAZMAT suit to work with...(My daughter asked me why I was going to the moon aand when I was would be returning)...But after all that I had a bottle of brown stuff that I was afraid to bring in the house

Why did you get a fully enclosed hazmat suit... to make up the snus "tea"?!

Faethe

ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2009
Orlando, Florida

Yeah don't do that!! lol! I must admit this frightens me, too.

The thing about snus is we know how much nicotine is in each one. The ones I buy are Oden brand from shop snus online. They are rated as having 17mg of nic a piece. I am not sure how much you can leech out of each snu. This is one way to do it with VG.

How To Prepare Glycerine Tincture

I'll know how strong the result is once I try it.

WerkIt

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2009
Rob got an answer for us and wrote me back today. The absolute that is used in this flavoring is a Tobacco Absolute Oriental.

This is really wonderful to have a such a great source of tobacco flavoring and now we know which one of the three varieties it is we're working with here. The other two commonly used are Tobacco Absolute Burley and Tobacco Absolute Virginia often in different combinations along with the Oriental variety..

Whether you know it or not, you just hit the jackpot. 'Oriental' means Turkish. Mix a quarter of the Oriental/Turkish absolute to 3/4 of the Virginia Absolute, then flavor your e-liquid with that.

grumpster

ECF Veteran
May 18, 2009
Texas USA
Why can't the e-liquid makers make tobacco tasting e-liquid? None of the e-liquid taste that much like tobacco. They get the menthol close. Seems to me menthol smokers are the lucky ones. Marlboro's are not. If I could get something to taste like marlboro. That would be most good. I am vaping alot ,but still smoking a few analogs. I cannot get the taste from the liquid. There has not been any close to tobacco tasting. Is this a hard task for them?

Maybe someone on here will figure this out. Get the real tasting tobacco taste e-liquid.

Unfortunately, us menthol vapers don't have it well at all. The first menthol I got was from TW. It tasted more like a vaporized dinner mint than anything like a cigarette. Most menthol juices don't have a tobacco flavor at all. Just menthol. That's like spegetti, without the pasta. 8-o Like everyone else, I'm still looking for a good formula for a decent tobacco with a marlboro taste to begin with. Once we have that, then us menthol people can add menthol to it. Untill we have a good cigarette flavor to begin with, then it's all for naught.

From reading this thread, it looks like some very intresting projects are being worked on. I'd be very intrested in hearing how some of you are progressing in your efforts.

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
Whether you know it or not, you just hit the jackpot. 'Oriental' means Turkish. Mix a quarter of the Oriental/Turkish absolute to 3/4 of the Virginia Absolute, then flavor your e-liquid with that.

You were referring to jbbishop's post where he referred to a great source ("Rob") for Tobacco Absolute Oriental and to Tobacco Absolute Burley and Tobacco Absolute Virginia.

I've plowed through this thread trying to find the referents for these, but I'm confused. The two main sources for tobacco flavor (not sure what version) seem to be perfumersapprentice.com ("Tobacco Absolute" - highly concentrated) and www.liquidxpress.com ("Original flavoring" - diluted). However, I'm not sure how either of them relates to Oriental, Burley, or Virginia.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
Liquidxpress - The absolute that is used in this flavoring is a Tobacco Absolute Oriental diluted.

Thank you, mindtwist! BTW, I recently ordered your (very good) 555 flavoring and some of your VG. As soon as budget permits, I'll order that "Original" (Tobacco Absolute Oriental).

Do you, or anyone, know where I could find flue-cured ("Virginia", right?) flavor? I have seen the premixed juices offered by various suppliers, but not the flavoring itself.

One of the things I like about Liquidxpress (and Juicyliquid) is that you sell the actual flavors (some of which LorAnn doesn't have), as well as the premixed juices. Saving money (and controlling nicotine level) is what has gotten me into DIY. The mad chemist satisfaction is secondary.:w00t:

Thanks again!

renderwerks

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2009
SoCal - The IE
Like all the ideas and leads here. I'm going to have to try some of this out.

I had an idea in reference to the "real" or burned tobacco taste:

I make beef jerky, and one of the ingredients I use in the solution that I soak it in is called Liquid Smoke. It's highly concentrated as I use one teaspoonfull in about three cups of liquid. When you open the bottle, it smells like a camp fire. Perhaps this can add that smokey, burned taste to the mix? It's soluble in water (and soy sauce, worcheister, etc...);)

Hmmmm.... Beef Jerky flavored e-liquid...

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
Like all the ideas and leads here. I'm going to have to try some of this out.

I had an idea in reference to the "real" or burned tobacco taste:

I make beef jerky, and one of the ingredients I use in the solution that I soak it in is called Liquid Smoke. It's highly concentrated as I use one teaspoonfull in about three cups of liquid. When you open the bottle, it smells like a camp fire. Perhaps this can add that smokey, burned taste to the mix? It's soluble in water (and soy sauce, worcheister, etc...);)

Hmmmm.... Beef Jerky flavored e-liquid...

Fascinating! Like most really good ideas, it seems "obvious" after someone like you has formulated and expressed it. And easy and cheap to obtain at the local supermarket.

What flavor do you recommend - hickory, mesquite, pecan or apple? Or would it be a matter of personal taste? I wonder which would best complement tobacco absolute?

And let us know how that Beef Jerky flavored e-liquid turns out. [I hope you weren't just tongue-in-cheek on that. I am curious.]

Thanks, renderwerks!:thumb:

renderwerks

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2009
SoCal - The IE
What flavor do you recommend - hickory, mesquite, pecan or apple?

I going to try what I have - hickory. We'll see how it goes.

Additionally, I'm going to give tobacco extraction a shot. Simple for the first go around - 3 cigs worth of Camel Turkish Royal, 30ml glass container, distilled water, heat, steeping, filtration and evaporation.
I can feel the mad chemist growing as we speak... :evil:
I'm going to get searching for graduated flasks, test tubes, beakers... This is going to be fun - I should get a white lab coat, and Einstein hair.

And let us know how that Beef Jerky flavored e-liquid turns out. [I hope you weren't just tongue-in-cheek on that. I am curious.]

It was half joke / half "that would probably taste good!" I've been told I make killer jerky.

My first thought is how to get the beef flavor in with the other ingredients I already know about. Perhaps filter and partially evaporate the mixture after the London Broil has soaked in it for 24 hours. Wheels are turning!

Last edited:

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
Additionally, I'm going to give tobacco extraction a shot. Simple for the first go around - 3 cigs worth of Camel Turkish Royal, 30ml glass container, distilled water, heat, steeping, filtration and evaporation. I can feel the mad chemist growing as we speak...

Be very careful as you do that. You'll also be extracting nicotine, which is toxic.

...My first thought is how to get the beef flavor in with the other ingredients I already know about. Perhaps filter and partially evaporate the mixture after the London Broil has soaked in it for 24 hours. Wheels are turning!

Check out the recent Seriously? Roast beef flavor? thread in the General E-Smoking Discussion forum.

Good luck! I'm very interested how the smokey tobacco and the beef jerky flavors turn out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread