Does anybody know where to find tobacco flavored flavoring?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbbishop

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2009
SLC, UT U.S.A.
ONCE AGAIN, SEEDMAN'S COMMERCIAL tobacco FLAVOR ENHANCERS CONTAIN NO ACTUAL tobacco FLAVOR. tobacco flavor enhancers are ALSO known to contain harmful chemicals.

These tobacco absolutes are a variety of the exact same thing being used by commercial e-liquid manufacturers and therefore are no more harmful to your atomizer than using any tobacco flavored e-liquids available from any of the online vendors.

Pure essential oil descriptions and uses, from Nature's Gift

Tobacco perfume ingredient, Tobacco fragrance & essential oils Nicotiana tabacum (Solanaceae)

Tobacco (Nicotiana tabacum) Absolute - 100% Pure - Luminescents -

http://www.gritman.com/DataSheets/Es...0Absolute.html

Pure Absolute Oils, Pure Rose Ottos & Precious Essential Oils : Pure Absolute Essential Oils: The Collection of Rare and Precious Pure Essential Oils, Pure Absolute Essential Oils, Pure Lotus Absolute Oils, Pure Rare, Essential Oils & Pure Rose Ottos

Essential Oils S-Z: Samara Botane Online

You might find more on Google.

Last edited:

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
ONCE AGAIN, SEEDMAN'S COMMERCIAL TOBACCO FLAVOR ENHANCERS CONTAIN NO ACTUAL TOBACCO FLAVOR. Tobacco flavor enhancers are ALSO known to contain harmful chemicals.

Are you talking about the Seedman's? Can you share where you got this info? The listed ingredients do not appear to be harmful.

Lu

jbbishop

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2009
SLC, UT U.S.A.
See my post here in the original thread where they were discussing the tobacco flavor enhancers. My position is that (a) the tobacco flavor enhancers are not used in commercial e-liquid and (b) they contain no actual tobacco flavoring and (c) they may contain or produce hazardous chemicals. I don't really have a problem with any of their top note flavors:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/tips-tricks/5707-tobacco-flavorings-enhancers-10.html

And see my post here with reference to where Seedman probably gets all their products from:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/diy-e-liquid/8194-liqueur-flavoring-essences.html

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
See my post here in the original thread where they were discussing the tobacco flavor enhancers. My position is that (a) the tobacco flavor enhancers are not used in commercial e-liquid and (b) they contain no actual tobacco flavoring and (c) they may contain or produce hazardous chemicals. I don't really have a problem with any of their top note flavors:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/diy-e-liquid/8194-liqueur-flavoring-essences.html

Well "are known" and "may contain" are 2 different things. Others here (including myself) use the Seedmans. No sense putting a scare into people without some kind of proof.

Lu

jbbishop

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2009
SLC, UT U.S.A.
Just pointing out I was referring to the Tobacco Enhancers, not the Top Note Flavors (as far as I know). Sorry for any confusion!

Most flavor additives tested are classified as safe when they enter the human body through the ingestion of food and not through inhalation. Tobacco flavor enhancers may contain or produce hazardous chemicals. Right now it is unclear to what extent or degree combustion may be involved in this process. I only advise caution.

Bear in mind that there is a big difference between ripening raw tobacco to develop natural flavors inherent in the plant matter during the curing process by using chemical treatments versus flavoring additives which are defined as the TOP NOTE flavors. It was my understanding that the flavor enhancers were an example of the former.

Again, I think that their TOP NOTE flavors are probably fine! They have quite a few more varieties now than when I first looked at them in 2001.

But as was concluded on the other thread, for those who are looking for tobacco flavoring: Seedmans products don't have any. The previous poster in this thread was still confused about that and it was important to clarify for him that tobacco flavoring does not come from any products other than the tobacco absolutes.

I did email Jim at Seedmans to let him know what y'all were trying to do and asked his opinion about the suitability of these for our purposes.

Here's his opinion:

Dear Jeff,

These flavors and enhancers WILL NOT WORK FOR THIS, they are not made to work for this.
Both are made to be absorbed by the tobacco, the glycolene carrier evaporates, the flavor is trapped in the tobacco and released when burned, this is the only way it is to be used.

Jim

Still, some of you seem to be reporting good results.

So I emailed him again and told him so. Looks like he'll pop in for a visit.

Dear Jeff,

I am a little surprised that they are working. The top notes are mostly flavorings, but still I would think the glycolene would inhibit things, as it does leave a little residue when it evaporates, not a problem on tobacco as it burns away.

Good luck, what is this website? I would like to visit it.

Jim

Last edited:

Nazdrowie009

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2009
Just got the tobacco absolute. Damn this stuff is strong and thick. It stained the glass that I used to mix it. Tasted kind of like rolling tobacco. Now if we could only we the smoke flavoring. Question: If we don't want to use alcohol to dilute it what else could we use? I tried to dilute it with water and pg and it mixed a little but I still had a hell of alot of those oil bubbles everywhere. Scared that this stuff is gonna clog up my atomizer.

jbbishop

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2009
SLC, UT U.S.A.
I wouldn't have a problem mixing it with everclear or high proof vodka because it would be miscable with alcohol as a carrier but it may be that oil and water don't mix well without an emulsifier. It doesn't sound like you've tried alcohol yet. I really wouldn't be too concerned about your atomizer (although I haven't observed what the final mixed solution looks like for myself). We know that the tobacco absolutes are one of the reasons these things are getting clogged up eventually in the first place. What else are you going to do? Look at the discussions about how to clean your atomizer though, and please let us know more about what you find out! Thanks!

Nazdrowie009

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2009
I'm just trying to find a way to dissolve it without using alcohol. I try to stay away from it since im allergic to it in certain amounts. Although most is probably vaporized, I still like to be carefull, just looking for an alternate route. If I can't find one, I'll probably just use the alcohol.

I've looked at several threads on cleaning the atomizer. So far i've been rinsing out the 3 that I use every other day with water and sometimes let them soak in vinegar for an hour or so.

i saw the coke one, boiling water etc.

what do you think is the best one to do each week(or should it be more often)
Id like to be careful about it and not stripe the paint off too, I've heard some things about boiling them and using too strong of acids

any ifo would be appreciated

jbbishop

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2009
SLC, UT U.S.A.
Found this link in another thread on the forums here from last year:

Tobacco Absolute

Advertised as:
Tobacco absolute 2ml. $2.00

The owner confirmed that this is the pure natural product and says if we need larger quantities we can order from:

http://libertynatural.com/

TOBACCO BLOND NICOTINE FREE BULGARIA
NICOTIANA TABACUM

It seems quite reasonable in price.

If anyone knows or can find other sources in quantities useful for us, please contribute here.

Last edited:

yvilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2008
Rochester, NY
Is it safe to asume that any high grade essential oil that is safe for use in auromatherapy would be safe to use in juice mixes?

Thanks for any replies

I really couldn't say if you mean safe in terms of your health.

However, any oil based liquid is sure to be harmful to your atomizer's health.

That's why when you look at the threads discussing flavors to add to liquids, such as Lor Ann's or Bickford's flavors, you will see people advising you to buy only the water soluble and non-oil based flavors (most flavor companies have both oil based and non-oil based flavors to choose from).

jbbishop

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2009
SLC, UT U.S.A.
What a great find to add to my list of alternatives. I would imagine this original (tobacco flavor) is already diluted for our use and likely indeed derived from a tobacco extract or absolute or combination. I'm anxious to give it a try! Keep 'em coming! I've ordered some of the tobacco absolute to try. Now I've ordered some of this to try with it! Unfortunately for me, their 36mg unflavored DIY liquid is PG based, so this is the only product on there of SIGNIFICANT interest to me.

I've got my menthol crystals coming in and the only thing left is to go by my friend's old store and see if the new owners still have the old stock on the shelves where I can buy some vanillin crystals to try.

Hasn't ANYONE tried the liqueur flavoring essences yet?

I am guessing they are so much better tasting and of better quality than the candy flavors. You don't need to wait and can pick up samples to try at your local brew shop. I'll bet they taste just like the real thing and should be compared to the other line of Natures Flavors at:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/tips-tricks/5894-liquid-diyers.html

The only rule of thumb I can offer is that where some "essential oils" are the only source of certain flavorings and therefore unavoidable, it is where these are highly concentrated such that (as with the tobacco absolute) we would only need to use a few drops per 100 ml. of liquid or like with clove oil 1 drop in 10 ml. it shouldn't be regarded as a problem. They will contribute to issues over time with the atomizers but this is no more going to occur than from the commercial e-liquids which we know contain the same ingredients. These ingredients may be one of the factors that contribute to the eventual demise of the atomizer and in the ordinary use of these commercial e-liquids but this is to be expected.

Last edited:

mostwnte

Mar 17, 2009
Thanks yvilla. Your totally right about the oil bases and atomizers and there is great info here on them. Im on the hunt for what is safe or not. There is a world of great, all natural oils and essences that are used for aromatherapy. Im trying to find out if I can smoke them! Haha, that sounds bad, but kind of true. For instance, I use to love to go into the eucalyptus room at the gym, made my sinuses clear and made my pysche feel great, can I smoke all natural eucalyptus essentail oil safely? Leaving aside all the other problems, such as atomizers, flavors and so on. Love this forum.

Thanks

jbbishop

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2009
SLC, UT U.S.A.
From his previous post which linked to one specific product, it appears that Nuck ordered the Nicotiana Rustica (Indian Tobacco - Wild Tobacco) instead of the Nicotiana Tabacum (Virginia?) in spite of my discussions concerning it not being the variety used by commercial e-manufacturers. I assume he did it on purpose, and it will be interesting to find out the results.

I ordered mine from:

Tobacco Absolute

Advertised as:
Tobacco absolute 2ml. $2.00

Since you only use 3 drops in a 5ml. solution of alcohol as a carrier and then use that 5ml. at no more than 5% in the final solution (100ml.), 2ml. of tobacco absolute is more than plenty for one person and should last some time.

Plus they ship by regular US Mail and the shipping was really really cheap. I expect it to get here very soon.

The owner confirmed that this is the pure natural product and says if we need larger quantities we can order from:

Liberty Natural Products - The Essential Oil Source

The product is:

TOBACCO BLOND NICOTINE FREE BULGARIA
NICOTIANA TABACUM

It is extremely reasonable in price.

She had the owners of libertynatural email me back and they confirmed the same information about their product and were eager to be of any assistance to us in applying this product to the application we propose.

jbbishop

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2009
SLC, UT U.S.A.
They ship worldwide. Just select your country and the appropriate shipping method to Canada for example, First Class to Canada (varies) or Priority Mail to Canada (6-10 days) the first one is obviously cheaper. To the United Kingdom, Worldwide First Class (varies) or Worldwide Priority Mail (6-10 days). They also offer UPS and Federal Express. You might have to fudge on the address fields which appear to be set up for US addresses.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread