Does anybody use the strongest nic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAG

ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2011
STL
:blush:Ok, a little help here purples, PLEASE! Trying to find my nic level. Got 11 mg, 18 mg, then 24. Why am I still wanting them stinkies? I'm stuck having 3, sometimes 4 a day. I know I've been under a ton of stress but who hasn't? I'll probably order some 36, and I'm afraid it might end up being too harsh. I tend to like coolcarts because wow's TH almost too strong in higher nic levels (at least for me). Any suggestions because I sure could use 'em!!!:blush::facepalm::confused: Yep, I think I actually have a couple of "issues"!!!!

jorvic

ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2011
Indianapolis
Cigarettes have other chemicals in them and there is a possibility of being addicted to those as well.

"Recent studies, reported by the National Institute on Drug Addiction (NIDA), seem to bear out my hunch. These studies suggest that tobacco contains a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI). MAOI's are anti-depressants, which work by increasing serotonin levels in the brain. They are used in medicine to treat Parkinson's disease, which may explain why a number of studies have shown that smokers have a far lower rate of Parkinson's than non-smokers. In any event, the MAOI in tobacco smoke may play as great a role in smoking as nicotine"

link to source

SR219

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2009
Indiana
Sag, here is one more way to look at it and is also how I handled it. I didn't stop ciggies all at once. Be happy with 3 a day for a while. Give it a couple of weeks and then drop one of those, and so on until you are down to one. Then work on reducing that one to every couple of days or once a week. You will find that eventually you won't want that one either. Just don't stress over having a couple of cigs a day.

I smoked one in the morning, one late afternoon or after dinner, then one at bedtime. The last one I gave up was the morning smoke. Most likely I needed it most because of the many hours of sleep deprived nicotine. This coming August will be 2 years since I have taken a drag off a cig. Hang in there, you will get there. Just don't try to force it and think "oh no, vaping won't work for me". :)

Who_Wants_To_Know

ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
I agree with SR219.

Don't push yourself. Take it at the pace you are comfortable with. If you are down to 3 or 4 a day, you are probably smoking less than you did before I bet. You should be happy. Most people did not go no smokes after their first hit off an e-cig.

You are doing fine. It will come to you bit by bit.

jeffree

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2010
california
Good post, SR. I'll back it, SAG, by mentioning that I vaped 18 for more than a year but dropped to 9 and then 5 in the past few months. Just now, I'm considering whether to not to scoot back to 9 for a while. 5 doesn't always cut it for me. The point's that we each have to find our own way given our own circumstances. I have no doubt that if you really want to quit, you will. But directing your own film.

Unsolicited advice: keep plenty of extras of everything, especially extra batts and nic levels, so that they never become an excuse. Good luck!

keelalagirl55

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2011
I have 36mg Cafe Mocha, and I don't really notice that much of a difference in TH between it and a strong flavored 24mg. I typically use 18mg, but have everything from 0 to 36 in my arsenal. There are times that I need that extra boost and then for the times where I have had enough, I drop to 0 (though those times are rapidly decreasing:facepalm:)

If you are still smoking the ciggies.....well, as many have said here before...every cig not smoked is a win! So just cutting back, you are doing GREAT! Eventually you will find yourself smoking less and vaping more:) Keep up the good work and don't beat yourself up (cause that leads to bruises;)). The more you worry = the more you stress over it = the more ciggies you want.

NoMatches

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2011
LI, NY
It's different for everyone. I started with low mg stuff, and found myself vaping 18 and leaving the lower N stuff on the shelf. I did however vape for 3 days while still smoking 2 1/2 to 3 packs a day, and then went to vaping, cold turkey 3 days in. The urges were STRONG... and I went to 36mg. When I did, I found it much easier to handle. Three months in, and I'm still vaping 36mg.

For me, 36mg made staying off the analogs a WHOLE lot easier, the difference was big. I'm in no rush to reduce my mg levels just yet, but that is the eventual plan. I figure vape what works, totally get off the cigs, and go from there. That is what has worked for me at least, and I was addicted to Chesterfield non-filters in the womb... bought my first pack when I was 12... 44 years ago.

Do whatever works for you. For me, I cannot ever take another puff of tobacco. I don't care that I'm vaping 36mg. In time, when I am ready, I can lower it. That time has not arrived. I will know when it's time to test myself again.

SnowDragon

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Boise, Idaho
I think there is good test to see if you are at the right nic level. For instance I vape at 18 so I can easily take 3 draws in a minute without a sinus buzz or a nic rush, but I can't take 4. I do have some 24 but find I can only take a maximum of 2 draw in a minute, and 36...forget it. The second I draw on 36 my sinuses are humming and my head is swimming. So I think your body is telling you that you need to move up.

Good luck.....perhaps this will give you what you need to walk away completely. It ain't easy and takes a few days of intense mental aggravation but the rewards after a week are remarkable.

jmpublius

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2011
Buffalo, NY
oll.libertyfund.org
Cigarettes have other chemicals in them and there is a possibility of being addicted to those as well.

"Recent studies, reported by the National Institute on Drug Addiction (NIDA), seem to bear out my hunch. These studies suggest that tobacco contains a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI). MAOI's are anti-depressants, which work by increasing serotonin levels in the brain. They are used in medicine to treat Parkinson's disease, which may explain why a number of studies have shown that smokers have a far lower rate of Parkinson's than non-smokers. In any event, the MAOI in tobacco smoke may play as great a role in smoking as nicotine"

link to source

This may explain my weekend. I've been very comfortable vaping 8mg for about 2 weeks, but in the interest of getting some sleep, I've been trying to cut down to 4mg half way through the day. Friday and Saturday I alternated the two throughout the day, and strictly vaped 4mg after 3pm. I got my sleep, but during the day I was having severe anxiety. This is completely foriegn to me, as I have never had anxiety/depression problems before. Let me just say-----it sucked balls. I totally sympathize with anyone who has ever had to deal with that. Needless to say, I'll take lack of sleep over that any day.

Rappel_Welch

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
South Carolina
SAG, I'm with SR219. I replaced analogs with vaping, and went through some serious withdrawal issues at the start. Hubby on the other hand, used both for a few weeks and then eventually just stooped analogs altogether. I think that he found it easier because the stress to quit the analogs wasn't as strong. By the time he had found his perfect flavor and nic level and had gotten past the learning curve of vaping, he was ready to drop the analogs. I think it's important to not stress yourself out about quitting. Just take your time and you'll get there.

In the meantime, I have some 36 mg Cowboy cool carts that neither of us can handle. If you'd like to try one, pm me with your address and I'll send you one in the post.

Linden

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2011
Michigan,USA
I say you go ahead and get the 36mg and see if it makes a difference! Like previous posters have said, the other chemicals in analogs make a big difference. They have been shown to heighten the sensitivity of your neural receptors. Nicotine has a half life that is relatively short (as in it will be out of your system in a matter of days). Some of the other chemicals have a half life much much longer so as those chemicals gradually leave your body you will feel the 'anxiety' of their absense. 2 months analog free here and occasionally I still get an intense craving that thankfully passes quickly. I assume this is because other chemicals in my system are falling below the level my body has been used to. Even if you are still smoking a few analogs I would assume that the presence of these chemicals in your system are at an all time low. I think this is why many of us keep higher mg in stock, just for those times. As for any concerns about furthering your dependence on nicotine, that should not be your focus right now. Focus on the positive changes you have made and take it SLOW!
Hope this helps a bit!

Nitemist

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2011
West Seneca, NY
Keep up the good work and don't beat yourself up (cause that leads to bruises;)).

OMG! keelalagirl55 Just reminded me of this... I am about to 'possibly' date a few of us (if you remember this, anyway)... that SO reminded me of a commercial spot from (I forget which specifically) either the lung association, cancer institute... one of them anyhow... Remember "Larry Hagman's Wrist Snapping Red Rubber Band" (it was for the great american smoke-out day I think)... hehehe

Hang in there SAG - you CAN get through this one!

lujin4

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 18, 2010
Milwakee
OMG! keelalagirl55 Just reminded me of this... I am about to 'possibly' date a few of us (if you remember this, anyway)... that SO reminded me of a commercial spot from (I forget which specifically) either the lung association, cancer institute... one of them anyhow... Remember "Larry Hagman's Wrist Snapping Red Rubber Band" (it was for the great american smoke-out day I think)... hehehe

Hang in there SAG - you CAN get through this one!

I remember that one, but like you I don't know which one it was. :unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread