Does the mod affect the type/quality of the vape when using the same tank on a different mod?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pvarck31

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2017
The Land
This might seem like a silly question since I've been vaping for 3 years. But this is the first time I have used the exact same tank, the exact same coil, and the exact same wattage, and exact same juice on two different mods and I am getting a completely different vape.

Messed with the air flows on both and have them pretty much the same, which is where I like it. But I'm getting different vapes from each. The one has much more flavor and smoother overall, the other has a bit of a weird flavor and the hit doesn't feel as good or right.

Maybe this is a umm duh, question, but I never tried it this way.

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
Now i don't use tanks but the same probably applies to my rdas, which i've used many of them on about all my mods. Besides a difference in wattage i had to make, i've never had anything different from the experience itself.

The mod itself only pushes power to your coils it shouldn't affect the vape experience.

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

pvarck31

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2017
The Land
Now i don't use tanks but the same probably applies to my rdas, which i've used many of them on about all my mods. Besides a difference in wattage i had to make, i've never had anything different from the experience itself.

The mod itself only pushes power to your coils it shouldn't affect the vape experience.

See, this is what I thought too. Kinda weird. I specifically set this up because I seem to have only found one tank I really enjoy as my go to. So I figured this would basically give me the same experience on both mods.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
This might seem like a silly question since I've been vaping for 3 years. But this is the first time I have used the exact same tank, the exact same coil, and the exact same wattage, and exact same juice on two different mods and I am getting a completely different vape.

Messed with the air flows on both and have them pretty much the same, which is where I like it. But I'm getting different vapes from each. The one has much more flavor and smoother overall, the other has a bit of a weird flavor and the hit doesn't feel as good or right.

Maybe this is a umm duh, question, but I never tried it this way.
You are not alone in experiencing this. I have noticed the same thing. I think it has to do with pwm but not exactly sure. Maybe someone with more knowledge about this will answer.

:)

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
It can depending on power available and if you’re using TC, but in wattage mode where both mods can hit the same voltage, No. in TC it can make a really huge difference
Then let me pose a question......some of the newer mods will allow a feature of soft, normal or hard hit. All using the same voltage and wattage. This seems to present the same situation.

Walee

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2017
As @bombastinator mentioned, all mods really do act differently. Some more differently than others. Ramp up time, the accuracy of the power actually applied and especially the overall temperature control curve between mods varies greatly. These variances can cause loss of separate flavor tasting, intensity of flavor, warmth of vape and in extreme cases even semi dry or dry hits as examples. Just this evening I took a single coil atty off of a Yihi device and put it on a Vaporesso device both set to the same settings in temperature control. The first hit was definitely scorched. YiHi uses a rather conservative initial power where Vaporesso hits harder at the beginning of the vape. After turning down the wattage available in the Vaporesso, I was able to tune in a good vape similar to that of the YiHi. Both devices will put out a decent TC vape but at very different settings.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
As @bombastinator mentioned, all mods really do act differently. Some more differently than others. Ramp up time, the accuracy of the power actually applied and especially the overall temperature control curve between mods varies greatly. These variances can cause loss of separate flavor tasting, intensity of flavor, warmth of vape and in extreme cases even semi dry or dry hits as examples. Just this evening I took a single coil atty off of a Yihi device and put it on a Vaporesso device both set to the same settings in temperature control. The first hit was definitely scorched. YiHi uses a rather conservative initial power where Vaporesso hits harder at the beginning of the vape. After turning down the wattage available in the Vaporesso, I was able to tune in a good vape similar to that of the YiHi. Both devices will put out a decent TC vape but at very different settings.
You are correct, but we were talking power/wattage only. Not TC........

Reactions: Walee

Ablonz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2014
Frozen Tundra, WI Cheesehead
@pvarck31 I would have to second the above mentioned by @Walee. I have noticed this as well between using my Sigelei 100, 150 , evic mini and Kbox. Using the same tank on each device, I need to adjust the wattage on each. Even the 2 Sigelies are a little bit different, just not As much than switching to the other ones. Hope this helps! PS. only using wattage...…. not TC

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
@pvarck31 I would have to second the above mentioned by @Walee. I have noticed this as well between using my Sigelei 100, 150 , evic mini and Kbox. Using the same tank on each device, I need to adjust the wattage on each. Even the 2 Sigelies are a little bit different, just not As much than switching to the other ones. Hope this helps! PS. only using wattage...…. not TC
Changing wattage imo is normal, like mentionned above different mods have different ramp ups and settings, but having completely different experiences like flavors not tasting the same is again imho weird..... I've done it multiple times and always ended up able to get the same experience on every single mod i own :?:

then again might be just me being weird about it aswell xD

Ablonz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2014
Frozen Tundra, WI Cheesehead
Changing wattage imo is normal, like mentionned above different mods have different ramp ups and settings, but having completely different experiences like flavors not tasting the same is again imho weird..... I've done it multiple times and always ended up able to get the same experience on every single mod i own :?:

then again might be just me being weird about it aswell xD
The first time I experienced the flavor being of was the way it made connection to the floating 510 pin - set screw on the 100. If the connection is not the greatest it will Totally change the flavor of said juice from what I noticed. Could it be the tank and the way it is making contact? Very well could be the issue he is referring to. I have 2 Sub Tank Minis that I use one for flavored juice and one for un flavored that I wanted to use on the Wismec Reuleaux RX75. One of the tanks would not make any connection with the 510 and say no atomizer, if I changed the bottoms, it would work. On the other mods both would work with changing wattage as expected. That's what I was trying to explain. Make sense?

Last edited:

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
You are not alone in experiencing this. I have noticed the same thing. I think it has to do with pwm but not exactly sure. Maybe someone with more knowledge about this will answer.

The pwm thing makes sense to me. I hadn’t thought of that.

Walee

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2017
The pwm thing makes sense to me. I hadn’t thought of that.
I don't have too much to go on here as I don't own many mods that use PWM in VW mode. I'm guessing this would be mod specific or at least chip specific. PWM does have for all practical purposes, an instant rise time as the mod is delivering square waves to the atty. This coupled with the initial wattage applied may mute some flavors that vaporize at lower temperatures. This could cause anything from no separate flavor notes to some flavors not present. Have no idea how this relates to the OP as the difference in experience is vague.

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Yes! Even when the mods are the same type. Even when you change batteries.
Doesn't matter if the mod is mass produced or a one off you made yourself.
Every mod/battery combo will give a different, even if slight, difference.

I just threw a DNA 7w together this weekend. Put one of my Zeus RTA's on it (my current favorite RTA). Blah! Put my Solomon2 on it and WoW! Same coils, about the same ohms, same watts. The Zeus stays on my Pico 21700, the black one. Not exactly perfect on my gray one, or on the DNA.

Vapedog

Oct 28, 2018
Yes I have noticed it. I wondered at times whether it was that even though they both are set at say, 80 watts, are they precisely delivering the same. How acurate is the delivery? Is one delivering an actual 80 and the other really a 75? I dont have a way to test it to know if im right though but have experienced a difference from one mod to another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread