Doomsday Preppers Ecig Checklist

Status
Not open for further replies.

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Going to your bunker anytime soon? Stockpile juice, batteries and a mechanical hand crank charger of course, but what about keeping that ecig hardware working long after your crossbow runs out of arrows (can't just phone Daryl for more) and your compound is overrun by zombies? There is a way you can still chill in your bunker and enjoy a nice vape with the right spare parts for your Super-T mods. Forget the computerized mods, they'll long be dead or shorted from the EMP blasts. Mechanical will be your savior!

I've recently put up some spare parts for the ELA V1/V2 and 26650/26500 mods and will put up any remaining stuff I have over the next few weeks for the Workhorses and Simplicites.

I've made a list in order of "importance" based on what items I feel will be most needed or likely to fail first.

Please visit to order: www.supertmanufacturing.com

1. Top caps.
This tops the list as a must have Doomsday Item for your mechanical mod. The Top caps atomizer thread contain the finest thread at 7mm x .5 and will be the first to wear or crossthread. If that happens, might as well join the zombie hoards above, because without Nicotine youre about as friendly as Honey Badger!

Currently, we have ELA V1/V2 caps in traditional, flower and mag wheel and 16mm slant. We also have a few 26650/26500 22mm Slant caps and regular caps.
st2-407x270.jpg

2. Contact Kits. Loose a switch/top cap contact and you are SOL! MacGyver isn't on call to fix this one for you should you loose one:
20150208_1900122aaa-268x268.jpg

3. Compression Band for the ELA V1/V2 . V2 bands don't wear out due to their increased size over the V1, but spares are nice just in case or to retrofit your V1:
IMG_0202-458x458.jpg

4. Switches and Bottom Caps.
Take a look at the pictures in my cleaning/hot button thread to see what sub ohm coils are doing to your button and the inside of your bottom Ela Cap(or lock ring on the Simplicity). Current passes through here and creates arching which breaks down the current path. With it potentially being the end of the world, you'll be driving those resistances even lower to forget, so stock up on these crucial parts!
20150302_140447-407x270.jpg

20150302_140607-268x268.jpg

IMG_0201-268x268.jpg

IMG_0203-268x268.jpg

5. Bodies and Extension Tubes: Probably the most durable of items, but they do take a cosmetic beating and hey, we all want to look good while fighting off the zombie hoards!

IMG_0200-268x268.jpg

20150302_140847-268x268.jpg

Last edited:

erictho

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2011
Edmonton
if the threads were to wear anywhere would it be repairable if we were to hire out a machining company?
just something that's been bumping in my brain.
when i first started seeing my boyfriend i dented a thread on the button of my p+650 and he was working in a machine shop. he offered to bring it in to fix. i protested and protested but one day he brought home a file and fixed it for me, so i was wondering if that was an option as well.

edit: i type all that and then i remember the lifetime warranties will be honored.

Whistle_Pig

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2010
Littleton, CO, U.S.
Going to your bunker anytime soon? Stockpile Juice, batteries and a mechanical hand crank charger of course, but what about keeping that ecig hardware working long after your crossbow runs out of arrows (can't just phone Daryl for more) and your compound is overrun by zombies?]

I fully expect the Workhorse to be usable as a kubotan, and still keep vaping! Uh ... is it possible to terminate a zombie with kubotan techniques?

As part of the ham radio hobby, I'm already working on off-grid power, so keeping my batts charged is covered. But it might be a bit more convenient, at least for vaping in the bunker, if I could hook right up to the AGM array. So, what I need is a Powerpole connector pair, with a switch, to replace the tail cap. I can wire up the regulator circuit, as I have LM317s on hand. :D

(And no, I'm not worried about the latest M855 shenanigans. Nosler ballistic tips and/or Sierra Match King or Game King are my choice.)

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I fully expect the Workhorse to be usable as a kubotan, and still keep vaping! Uh ... is it possible to terminate a zombie with kubotan techniques?

As part of the ham radio hobby, I'm already working on off-grid power, so keeping my batts charged is covered. But it might be a bit more convenient, at least for vaping in the bunker, if I could hook right up to the AGM array. So, what I need is a Powerpole connector pair, with a switch, to replace the tail cap. I can wire up the regulator circuit, as I have LM317s on hand. :D

(And no, I'm not worried about the latest M855 shenanigans. Nosler ballistic tips and/or Sierra Match King or Game King are my choice.)

Chance favors the prepared...

spek

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Oregon
David, I've been wondering that when the dust settles for you if you could post up some specs or links to vendors for the various odds and ends that people might need to keep their mods running. By this I mean things that could be purchased from online vendors like springs, o-rings, washers or anything else that you may not fabricate yourself. I know I've lost a few o-rings and things like that. Basically, any part that we could buy and replace ourselves would be super helpful for the future. I know in one thread you posted a link to a screw that would work in the strata for someone who lost one of their atty posts. Thanks!

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Absolutely, all the orings and washers are off the shelf components. The springs are custom though, but I can give you the rough dimensions to source something close. I'll put together a list. there used to be a list somewhere on the orings, but not sure in what thread it got buried...lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread