• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Dorian: here we go again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Ya' may want to wait a couple of weeks before coming back
Meh, I'd rather be down there and bail out if needed than be up here. If we're down there and need to pull the yellow handle, we can at least take some stuff with us, but if we're up north, whatever happens, happens.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
Well I guess this is it then. Here's hoping this is it for this hurricane season.

Let's hope...

160824090617-peak-of-hurricane-season-super-169.jpg

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
Did you check to see that 'watch forum' is still checked? I don't remember ever being 'notified' of a new thread, just alerts when a new post in a thread happens.

I am sure someone else will know more.
like I said in my post I follow the forum. First thing I checked.

Good question. I'm pretty sure I get alerts for new threads started in this section.
I don't.

The window my camera is behind is still kinda slimed up from the storm, but I can see the ocean has returned to typical summer calm already:

8KRVSwq.jpg

I don't really understand why, but a calm ocean rebuilds the beaches.

We'll probably be starting our trip southbound on Monday. I still have a few more things I wanna get done at the cabin, so probably won't be back in FL until late next week.
As long as you're back by the 17th. :)

Reactions: Uncle

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
Yes, I promise!

I can't wait to get back to this:

jD40a2R.jpg

(Pic from web-cam this morning)
the only thing I miss living in Middleburg is not having the ocean at my feet. Where I grew up in Greece I lived about a 5-minute walk from the sea. I miss it so much…even with the threat of hurricanes :cry:

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
the only thing I miss living in Middleburg is not having the ocean at my feet. Where I grew up in Greece I lived about a 5-minute walk from the sea. I miss it so much…even with the threat of hurricanes :cry:
That's main appeal of FL to my wife and me. Of course the lack of anything resembling real winter weather is also a definite plus. I think this sums it up well:

El9tsM0.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread