Downsizing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapemesilly

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2017
Nevada
For some time now I've had 4 or 5 setups going at any one time and recently added 4 regular pod systems. I know this is a puny amount compared to some folks here. What I have noticed lately is that I spend a lot of time switching from vape to vape to vape and I think I am also vaping more because of this.

So I decided to simplify things and put a few things a way. I now have two setups and two pods. Been doing it this way for about a week and I think I like it better. I also feel like I am vaping a bit less.

In the Land of Shinyitis does anyone else find they want to downsize rather than continue to upsize?

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
safe distance from a black hole
I generally have 2 or 3 devices going.
Generally when I run like this I dont use much more than 3.6ml a day.(yeah, I know how much I use. Tragic, huh?)
Over the last 4days Ive been receiving stuff. Ive been trying all of it. Ive got a mess of rta's, rdta's, mods, wick, flavours and coils going. Ive used about 7...ish + ml a day, and I can feel it.
Tomorrow, it goes back into boxes and two set ups will be left out. Juice consumption will drop back down to 3-4ml, until I get the next batch of goodies to plow through to find the new best thing.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I probably have over a dozen mods and tanks that I've accumulated over seven years of vaping. Most are stored away as backups for my backups.

I use two or three setups on a daily basis, each with a different flavor.

JAC Vapour series B DNA75W with Crown tank (coffee cake flavor)
Geekvape Aegis Solo with Cerberus tank (cherry slush flavor)
Geekvape Aegis Mini with Cerberus tank (pineapple flavor)

full

I'll add that I recently bought a fake JUUL pod only for stealth vaping in special circumstances (nic salt watermelon flavor)

Last edited:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
For some time now I've had 4 or 5 setups going at any one time and recently added 4 regular pod systems. I know this is a puny amount compared to some folks here. What I have noticed lately is that I spend a lot of time switching from vape to vape to vape and I think I am also vaping more because of this.

So I decided to simplify things and put a few things a way. I now have two setups and two pods. Been doing it this way for about a week and I think I like it better. I also feel like I am vaping a bit less.

In the Land of Shinyitis does anyone else find they want to downsize rather than continue to upsize?

I have a good bit of hardware, but at any particular time I only have a couple of mods in use. The rest is all FDA insurance against a vaping ban.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I never had or will have more then a dozen set ups total and if I want another, I will sell one off to keep it at that number. 8 of those are in rotation, all set up with 6 different juices between 8 devices. I only take 2 to work and alternate every day, so I'm not taking the same ones to work all the time. When I get home I dont vape the ones I took to work, but alternate between the other 6 the rest of the night....so no down sizing for me, because if I vaped only 2 mods a day with 2 different juices, I would not enjoy that at all and would surely tire of those flavors....plus , being all my set ups are rebuildable rtas, having 8 going at once gives me a month or more before needing any rewicking...

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I need to learn how to rotate, life would be easier.

That's the wonderful thing about me, I LOVE everything. (Except the few things I hate, like squirrels.) But like one time me and the husband were on a walk and a poor worm was on concrete. I pondered for a bit, and moved it. The husband was all like, "You LOVE that worm don't you?" and I was like "I DO NOT. I just.. moved it." And he was like, "Yeah, you LOVE that worm, I can tell." So I decided to own it and I was like, "FINE I LOVE the worm."

That is also the PROBLEM with my personality, I LOVE everything, and some things are just not inherently lovable like an intermittent love affair with Ultram, it totally SUCKED.

But, I still kind of LOVED it, in this odd sort of way.

So pruning... so hard....Heh.

Anna

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand

I'm from the Land of Shinyitis ;)

I've downsized too - I have 3 setups with different flavours (2 mods with RTAs, one squonk mod), and a pod for at work.

Coolsiggy

ECF Veteran
    Dec 26, 2018
    Perth, Western Australia
    Funny that, as I sit here look'in at my 7 setup's and a stand of 12 RBA's and a box of buy your coils from me attys all after only 12 months vaping and then realize that I'm just searching for the right setup.....so far the mesh RT-DA's world wins.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2018
    Ohio
    I have 20 mech squonks and 2 regulated squonks. I also have 5 regular regulated mods which have been tucked away for quite a while now.

I will either pull one mech squonk (out of about 8 that I use frequently) off the shelf and use it for a few days and pick another while that one gets cleaned up, or I will grab one for the situation according to what I'm doing that day and use it for just that one day and clean it up before bed. The rest of my mods are designated for back up duty.

I have no intention to buy any more since I have all my bases covered (compact 18650s, high capacity 21700s, durable options for both battery sizes, and fancy for both battery sizes for the occasion when looks matter). It feels nice to not have to look for any more mods. I will keep an eye on some rdas a little, but I'm set up nicely on those too and I'm completely satisfied with my existing options.

Coyote628

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
    Sep 16, 2017
    I need to learn how to rotate, life would be easier.

That's the wonderful thing about me, I LOVE everything. (Except the few things I hate, like squirrels.) But like one time me and the husband were on a walk and a poor worm was on concrete. I pondered for a bit, and moved it. The husband was all like, "You LOVE that worm don't you?" and I was like "I DO NOT. I just.. moved it." And he was like, "Yeah, you LOVE that worm, I can tell." So I decided to own it and I was like, "FINE I LOVE the worm."

That is also the PROBLEM with my personality, I LOVE everything, and some things are just not inherently lovable like an intermittent love affair with Ultram, it totally SUCKED.

But, I still kind of LOVED it, in this odd sort of way.

So pruning... so hard....Heh.

Anna
    I love squirrels. They are delicious. I somehow feel like we went down this road once before though.

Reactions: ShowMeTwice

Dudeman

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 28, 2009
    New Bedford, MA
    In the last few months I've sold 5 Reo's, 3 tube mechs, a NIB eVic VTC mini, homegrown PWM squonker, a Subox kit with 4 subtanks, 13 RBA's, 35 LR 510 atty's and 2 RTA's.
    I've purchased 3 mods (all dual battery), 3 RBA's and 2 RTA's. One of those mods will be sold as I bought a kit for the RBA it came with. (Anyone looking for an all black Pulse Dual? lol)
    That will leave me with 8 mods, 5 RBA's and 5 RTA's. One of the RTA's has yet to arrive (contest win Peacemaker).
    Yep, I've downsized considerably. Considering selling a few more items soon..

Ryedan

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 31, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    That's the wonderful thing about me, I LOVE everything. (Except the few things I hate, like squirrels.)

My dog TOTALLY agrees with you Anna! :)

When I first switched to vaping I found it advantageous to have about three setups going all the time with different flavors in each.

Now, I have the best of my older stuff cleaned up and put away just in case I ever want to use them again. I keep two identical setups in rotation that I vape every day, and a couple others that are very occasional vapes. I also vape the same juice about 95% of the time, though that flavor does continue to evolve slowly over time.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Your dog got trapped inside its dorm room with a squirrel and they both almost pooped with fear?

IDK that sounds implausible but if there has been one thing life has taught me is that almost anything is possible.

Give your dog my best regards and explain to him that the PTSD never goes away the best he can shoot for is avoidance.

Anna

Reactions: greek mule
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread