The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Drip-On-Demand-Kit

Discussion in 'MadVapes' started by wolfstone5, Aug 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. wolfstone5

wolfstone5 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Has anyone seen the Drip on Demand Kit at MadVapes. I found it under the "Custom Mods" tab and it looks really interesting. You can put it on almost any PV including the RoughStack and it automatically feeds your atty or carto. Very cool indeed!

Drip On Demand Kit

2. crk0756

crk0756 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 9, 2011
    Hill Country, Texas
    May have to order one just to see how good it works....

3. wolfstone5

I was thinking the same thing. I just put one in my shopping cart as I prepare for my next order. It makes your PV look like a mini hookah!

4. LFC

LFC Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 18, 2011
    NC
    I saw one of the guys using this at the site a couple of weeks ago and it looks simple but effective, he was loving it :)

5. kaderick

kaderick Super Member ECF Veteran

I have one! Works great it is not an auto feed although i have found i dont have to prim it near as much as indicated. I have found i like to use it on a carto keeping it fresh with every hit. Works great on my rough stack and ego, with 510 lr or 6v regs.gives me all the loves of dripping safely while driving. Just remember it is an open bottle so if you leave it in your car it will build pressure and push juice out so turn it up side down.... Opps

6. wolfstone5

Thanks for the heads up.....sounds like a worth while investment for my Maxi RS.

7. MASTER0FDAMPF

MASTER0FDAMPF Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Mar 22, 2011
    Philly
    this looks like an economical version of the super-t top feeder - would be nicer if you could see the juice flow...maybe a clear V2 version?

8. phonedude

phonedude DIY Enthusiast Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 21, 2011
    Kansas
    I have been using one as a tester for about two weeks now. I love this thing. It's simple and it works very well. I have been using it with my atomizer to direct drip. I never was a fan of direct dripping before. I am now.

I love the ease of changing flavors. Just add a different bottle. And since I mostly DIY I love being able to mix the juice right in the same bottle I will use to drip. It's just so convenient.

I can honestly say this simple little device has changed the way I vape. Better flavor, less hassle, and just downright fun to use. And no sticky fingers.

:rickroll:

9. Justinking

Justinking Moved On ECF Veteran

Jul 22, 2011
    Asheville NC
    Ya... But $17?!?!?! Thats a bit high, I think I could see $9.99 or something but not that much :/

10. kaderick

kaderick Super Member ECF Veteran

Seriously $17 to high for something in the vape industry thats not disposable? I think the price is a steal.

11. TMC81614

TMC81614 Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Jul 3, 2011
    Raleigh, NC. USA
    $17 for this surprised the heck out of me. I've been waiting on this for about a month since I saw Scott using one when I stopped by the warehouse and I really expected a $30 price tag. $17 is a very fair price and, from what I saw when Scott was using his, it's simply awesome. I ordered 2 of them, one for each Silver Bullet, and should be getting them tomorrow. Color me excited!

12. hobotivo

hobotivo Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 14, 2011
    The land Down Under
    These look very interesting, I've never tried dripping, it's always looked like too much trouble.
    Time to ask for advice...

I have a Provari and CE2 R5 and G4 Clearos. I don't have any tips or atomisers other than that.
    What else (preferably that I could order from Madvapes) do I need in order to use one of these?

Cheers

13. scinsc

scinsc Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Jun 19, 2010
    USA
    A 510 or 901 atomizer is all you need. Some folks are also using 510 and 808 cartomizers. MadVapes has a lot of these to choose from.
    Thanks.

14. MASTER0FDAMPF

Mar 22, 2011
    Philly
    I think that 17$ for a bit of molded plastic and 2 .39c bottles seems a little steep as well...but I think I may try to bust off with some modding skills and make one. I also am cautious about the fact that this one will only work with the included bottles. The other one I have seen was all metal, availiable in colors to match your mod, a little window to view juice flow and works with "most" juice bottles (I especially like that it works with DK and MV 10 ml bottles).

I must say that in all fairness, I would likely try this one before ordering a different model of top feed bottle mod.

15. scinsc

scinsc Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Jun 19, 2010
    USA
    With all do respect the Drip on Demand system is considerably more than just a bit of molded plastic and bottles. The finished product is a result of a year of research, engineering and testing of dozens of designs and choices. The bottles that are used are an integral part of the system. They have been thoroughly evaluated and field-tested. Yes they are proprietary and for a very good reason. They work where all of the other dozens of bottles we tested have failed.
    A clear Drip on Demand was certainly a consideration but that idea was rejected for several reasons. Chief among them was the way it would look after months of use. The bottom line reason is that being able to see the drops became unnecessary. Our testers found that once the atomizer is fully primed the vacuum from vaping itself helps to feed the atomizer so squeezing the bottle is a secondary operation.
    We feel that the Drip on Demand solves a lot of problems in a very simple and economical way and we hope you will give it a try.

16. lynch

lynch Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 1, 2011
    Lynchburg,Va
    Looks interesting but not for me. They say you can return for a refund within 30 days if not happy with it
    so you have nothing to lose if you try it.

17. Addicted2Vap

Addicted2Vap Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 18, 2010
    South-Eastern Ky,USA
    to me it doesn't look like something one could use in public without confrontations.

18. phonedude

phonedude DIY Enthusiast Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 21, 2011
    Kansas
    I thought so too at first. Then I thought how easy it would be to pass off as a medical device. Of course as an old guy I don't worry too much about public confrontations.

There is a little better picture and some more information at the designers website:

Drip On Demand

19. TheZig

TheZig Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 7, 2011
    asheville NC
    idk... to be honest i think 10-12 would be a steal not 17.. you end up paying 21 for it after shipping.. just my opinion though chances are ill end up buying one anyways :D

20. MASTER0FDAMPF

Mar 22, 2011
    Philly
    lol, I second that

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.