Drip-On-Demand-Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cronus6

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2011
Florida
Looks very cool to me, and the price is reasonable IMO.

I have one question though. It's said that it works with Cartos...

Wouldn't it end up just dripping right down into that little center tube on Boge (and others with the same sort of design) cartos?

As a carto user, I just want to make sure I'm not going to end up with a mouth full of juice.

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys
If it had one stem, yes you would get a mouth of juice, I thought the same thing. By the looks of it, the mouth piece is seperate and I don't see how you would get a mouth of juice.

Wouldn't it end up just dripping right down into that little center tube on Boge (and others with the same sort of design) cartos?

As a carto user, I just want to make sure I'm not going to end up with a mouth full of juice.

hobotivo

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2011
The land Down Under
Bottles added. Can't believe we forgot to add them :(

hoog

Yes, it's pretty annoying actually. Now I'll have spend another $15 on postage just to get a few spare bottles. :(
What's the projected lifespan of them, do they get weaker with use?

I have a heap of the 10ml bottles that Dekang use for their juice (the fairly hard, crystal clear ones) could they be used in an emergency?

Cheers

Lauralie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2010
Here, there, everywhere!
Yes, it's pretty annoying actually. Now I'll have spend another $15 on postage just to get a few spare bottles. :(

I have a heap of the 10ml bottles that Dekang use for their juice (the fairly hard, crystal clear ones) could they be used in an emergency?

Cheers

Sorry to hear this and sorry to hear your shipping is so high, maybe you can email them, might not do any good but maybe they would work with you on it??

hobotivo

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2011
The land Down Under
Sorry to hear this and sorry to hear your shipping is so high, maybe you can email them, might not do any good but maybe they would work with you on it??

No, it's okay, I'm not that put out by it, just a tad annoyed. :)
If the DoD works as well as I hope it will I'll probably buy another for my wife anyway, I'll just get a heap of bottles when I do.

And yes, the negativity is unnecessary, compared with the cost of some other things the price is a steal. People seem to have no idea what goes into developing a product and bringing it to market. I'd have charged more.

Cheers

scinsc

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2010
USA

Thank you.
To be honest this is one area we did not officially test. The DoD was designed with Atomizers in mind. One of our testers deserves all of the credit for coming up with the idea for using cartomizers and after several weeks of use he likes it. It makes sense because if you can keep a Cartomizer wet it will taste better and last longer.

When it is time to squeeze the bottle using a Cartomizer on the DoD place your PV at an angle so the drops will hit the side of the DoD and not go straight down through it. I hope that those that are trying Cartomizers will visit this thread and give us an update.

Liquid in the mouth. One of the great things about the DoD is the amount of space between the source of the eliquid and the mouthpiece of the DoD. Double that of a drip tip. The only problem we’ve had in this regard was being careless putting the dropper tip back onto the bottle after a fill up. The liquid poured into the chamber and the results weren’t pretty. Lesson learned. Always inspect the bottle before you attach it to the DoD.

scinsc

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2010
USA

Cheers

Thanks Hobotivo,
I am sorry about an extra order. I will try to help in any way I can.

There is no projected life span for the bottles because we are dealing with individual users. We do expect ware and tear because when the bottle is attached the threaded end is stationary and the body of the bottle is not. Keep the tip clean and always inspect the bottle before attaching. Spares are always nice to have and MadVapes has an excellent price on them.

Warning: Do not use any bottle other than a DoD bottle. Even in an emergency. I promise you will not like the results. Six bucks will get you twenty bottles and that should last you a very long time.
I hope you enjoy the DoD.

Does the kit contain two 5ml bottles, as stated? I ordered mine before Hoogie added....

Thank you Jimi D. Yes the kit contains two bottles. Thanks for the help in making that clear. Hope you enjoy it.

Last edited:

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys
Thank you scinsc, I will update my results, as I'm a cartomizer Man, I will be putting the DOD through a test running 7.4 volts with 5 ohm cartos, eating some juice I must say...lol. Tomorrow that sweet device shall arrive....
Thank you.
To be honest this is one area we did not officially test. The DoD was designed with Atomizers in mind. One of our testers deserves all of the credit for coming up with the idea for using cartomizers and after several weeks of use he likes it. It makes sense because if you can keep a Cartomizer wet it will taste better and last longer.

When it is time to squeeze the bottle using a Cartomizer on the DoD place your PV at an angle so the drops will hit the side of the DoD and not go straight down through it. I hope that those that are trying Cartomizers will visit this thread and give us an update.

Liquid in the mouth. One of the great things about the DoD is the amount of space between the source of the eliquid and the mouthpiece of the DoD. Double that of a drip tip. The only problem we’ve had in this regard was being careless putting the dropper tip back onto the bottle after a fill up. The liquid poured into the chamber and the results weren’t pretty. Lesson learned. Always inspect the bottle before you attach it to the DoD.

phonedude

DIY Enthusiast
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 21, 2011
Kansas
I have been using my DoD with cartomizers and it has worked fine. I haven't had the gurgle hits I associate with juice down the center hole. I fill the cartomizer as usual and then attach the DoD.

I like the tip about tilting the PV when squeezing the bottle. I haven't been doing this but it's a good idea.

I've only been using it with a carto for a few days but it's going well.

scinsc

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2010
USA
I was curious which 510 atomizers/cartomizers would work the best in this device?

Thank you for your question. This is a personal preference. Whatever is working for your PV. Sorry I can’t help more.

Thank you scinsc, I will update my results, as I'm a cartomizer Man, I will be putting the DOD through a test running 7.4 volts with 5 ohm cartos, eating some juice I must say...lol. Tomorrow that sweet device shall arrive....

Thank you Jimi D. We will have to add you to our “Cartomizer Testers Group’. One thing I forgot to mention was that you should pre-load your Cartomizer before you attach the DoD. Load up your Cartomizer and blow out excess liquid. You probably don’t want to see puddling, just a normal fill up. Keep in mind that the strength of the drag and the vacuum inside of the DoD do not produce big drops like it would by squeezing the bottle. Otherwise it would flood. So far our testers are reporting good results and it appears that just the act of vaping is adding enough liquid to keep Cartomizers refreshed enough and to prevent charring. Squeezing the bottle will occasionally help, just don’t overdo it. We would very much appreciate your feedback.

matthawk7

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2010
Columbia, SC
Order one! You won't be disappointed! I'm glad I have two...one for the car and one at home. I have been using one for a few months now (beta tester) and can vouch that this thing rocks! I love it on a LR atty, but it's heaven on a Buzz or other HV device. I debridge most of my attys but I hate the hot "spatter" that I get from that. This fixes it. Being a dripper, I change flavors multiple times throughout the day. The DOD is the only system that allows me to easily change flavors. That is one of the best features for me. I used to put on a carto to drive, but this system has allowed me to stick to my beloved attys.

For all the people that have been saying it's overpriced, I challenge you to find something comparable for twice the price. The bottles are just a part of the system (in the same way an atty is just part of an PV). I order almost every month from madvapes, so the shipping part is a moot point. Looking forward to hearing feedback from others.

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys
I had to order a couple of Hybrid atties to try this device out. I've been dedicated to cartomizers for quite some time now, but what the heck...Your post sounds so convincing. I'll try both, cartos and atties...
Order one! You won't be disappointed! I'm glad I have two...one for the car and one at home. I have been using one for a few months now (beta tester) and can vouch that this thing rocks! I love it on a LR atty, but it's heaven on a Buzz or other HV device. I debridge most of my attys but I hate the hot "spatter" that I get from that. This fixes it. Being a dripper, I change flavors multiple times throughout the day. The DOD is the only system that allows me to easily change flavors. That is one of the best features for me. I used to put on a carto to drive, but this system has allowed me to stick to my beloved attys.

For all the people that have been saying it's overpriced, I challenge you to find something comparable for twice the price. The bottles are just a part of the system (in the same way an atty is just part of an PV). I order almost every month from madvapes, so the shipping part is a moot point. Looking forward to hearing feedback from others.

Jason_in_nc

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2010
It's a secret!
So I've been using my DoD for two full days now... non-stop... on a 901 atty. I'd echo the idea that an o-ring channel would have been nice. On the first 901 I used it with, it was a nice snug fit. On the 2nd, it was really loose. It seems to tighten up as the atty gets hot from use though.

After a couple days, I have been very satisfied with it. I think the price is a steal compared to other dripping devices out there. $16 bucks for a ridiculously simple device that has no components to break down. "Assembly" is a piece of cake as is use.

I both love and hate dripping, but this device brings back all the love. My only real complaint is that I can't bring myself to use this in public unless I'm moving quickly past people in my car. Looks too much like some kinda crack pipe or something. But then again, I don't like using any tube mods in public either. Regardless of looks, I love this thing. With this, I can literally vape all day long without having to drip or re-fill anything. I've only gotten close to a dry atty a handfull of times and that's easily remedied with a quick (and VERY short) squeeze of the bottle. Back to great vaping.

It's a great device.

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
Just a single early observation from me:

Every 510 device I have behaves a little differently as far as how much airflow the connector allows. Whether it's the depth of the notches or the position of the threads and how deep they'll let an atty or carto screw on, I really don't know...

I got the DOD this morning and have been using it on a 2.0 ohm cisco at 3.7v and with a 100% PG juice. On one of my more "airy" 510 connector PVs, the DOD doesn't keep up and I have to squeeze the bottle a little at about what feels like would be the time to drip if I were just dripping. On one with a tighter draw, it seems to keep up OK so far.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread