dripbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Btsmokincat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
Waterville ME
So it does have wattage mode? I keep reading it's only temp control and that's kind of a deal breaker for me.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
No Flippin clue. With a minimum of .2 ohms I doubt it's temp control only.

I hate how they put out teaser crap like this... what I'm guessing is that it fires a steady voltage like 3.7 volts and depending on the Ohms of your build you could get up to 60 watts. That's not necessarily a bad thing, it's simple and if it has buck and boost so the vape is consistent through battery life start to finish I could be happy with that.

If it's a glorified smokeless owl squonker I'm all set.

Btsmokincat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
Waterville ME
So I asked a question on breazy.com (one of the sites with a preorder) this was the answer...

Q: Is it 510 threaded or is the connection proprietary?
03/04/16
A: Yes it is a 510 connection. But keep in mind if you use a different atomizer beside the one it brings, You will not be able to use the built in dripping feature.

Sort of answered that it has a 510 but didn't clarify that other bf attys might work...

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
So I asked a question on breazy.com (one of the sites with a preorder) this was the answer...

Q: Is it 510 threaded or is the connection proprietary?
03/04/16
A: Yes it is a 510 connection. But keep in mind if you use a different atomizer beside the one it brings, You will not be able to use the built in dripping feature.

Sort of answered that it has a 510 but didn't clarify that other bf attys might work...
This answer would tell me whomever answered the question clearly has no insight to BF'g and assumed you would be putting a standard atty on the device... Maybe the question should've been, Can I use another BF atty on this device? Just thinking out loud here...

For what its worth, KT verified on FB that it is in deed a 510 connection...

fishwater

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2015
New Hampshire
Exactly, we have to realize who or what we are dealing with here. All this bottom fed stuff we do around here is plain old vodoo to the typical vape crowd. I won't be passing any judgement on this or the specs until we get closer to the expected release date, I am sure there will be revisions all over the place until then. Either way I see it as a positive sign to all who squonk or want to squonk.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
I actually LIKE the atty.
It SAYS "replaceable" and they clearly will sell that screw-in deck - but it sure looks rebuildable.
I actually like the looks of it - the two posts and high air slots...
I EXPECTED to hear that the bottom part was permanently attached - if not, and that's 510 connected, then I probably want one.

Still curious - only says "maximum power" and "minimum resistance" - but there's nothing but a fire button - so it seems it's a mechanical squonker, just with a resistance limit. I'm OK with that, too, actually - but most people are calling this a regulated squonker - I don't think it is.

m3th1dz

In way over his head
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2015
Philadelphia
This answer would tell me whomever answered the question clearly has no insight to BF'g and assumed you would be putting a standard atty on the device... Maybe the question should've been, Can I use another BF atty on this device? Just thinking out loud here...

For what its worth, KT verified on FB that it is in deed a 510 connection...
Its a hollow 510. Most likely the ss feed tube is part of the atty itself and not the 510. If this is indeed the case you probably are stuck with the atty

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Btsmokincat

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
Its a hollow 510. Most likely the ss feed tube is part of the atty itself and not the 510. If this is indeed the case you probably are stuck with the atty

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
So you've actually seen the 510? Any pics you can link? So you think they put something like a FDV 510 in it?

m3th1dz

In way over his head
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2015
Philadelphia
So you've actually seen the 510? Any pics you can link? So you think they put something like a FDV 510 in it?
218074f86180fb68f361c70806819cbc.jpg

You can see the 510 in that pic

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
One shop posted in the description that you could use your own BF atty. But who knows if they know?
And I still wonder whether it will sell to the masses with no settings buttons and display.
For ME the atty is more important. At least it's rebuildable, even better if replaceable.

mmsjs5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
Illinois
Kanger Dripbox Mod Kit $35.92 | Vaping Cheap says "However, if you do like building your own coils, the removable deck system will make it much easier since you can build your deck outside the atomizer base."

This is the sentence I should've posted....."For the ejuice system to work you will need to use the Subdrip RDA or a squonk ready RDA with the Dripmod so that ejuice can pass through the 510 connection."

KaiChen

Unresolved Status
Mar 29, 2015
Los Angeles
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread