Dripping atomizer problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJTP

ECF Veteran
May 3, 2012
TN
I just got one of the standard res drippers from goodejuice, one of the generic ones, and I dripped probably 8 drops in to make sure it was nice and liquidated, and I'm getting an extremely harsh, burnt vape out of what should be a soft juice - regular old coffee and cream. The atomizer got extremely hot to the touch upon just a few puffs. I've long suspected my battery of overvolting by quite a bit, but is this a common problem among drippers? What should I do? It tastes so burnt - not so much like a metal burn, but as though my juice is just burning instead of vaporizing. Any help?

MJTP

ECF Veteran
May 3, 2012
TN
i'm about to be tee'd off with this. this battery is a curse. first one i got from discountvapers didn't even work, and the second one burns absolutely whatever i put on it. it is the blu carto killer (not that they're made well anyway), it's turning this dripper into a fryer, and it completely torched my first protank head. it sucks living in a town with no vape shop because i could probably march right up and say "hey, let me sample this or that" and get a good idea of what this should be doing.

MJTP

ECF Veteran
May 3, 2012
TN
Well, I stick with 2.5 attys to be safe. Yeah, it's a Spinner. And it seems to fry everything. I just equipped my Protank II with a new head and filled it halfway with Coffee And Cream. I dripped on the head's wick, sucked until it refused to give me a $5 tip, and let it sit a good minute. The vape tasted burnt and wasn't getting much vapor. I checked the wick multiple times after this and each time, it was so soaked that it was about to drip. Then I let the head soak in water to both chance making it wick better and to inspect for even the slightest bit of singed material. Absolutely a fantastic, clean looking wick with not one tiny burn or brown spot. What I truly believe is happening is that this battery is heating up my coils to the point it fries the juice, but not so much into the range that it actually burns the wick (since it is wicking well, it would take quite a bit of heat to burn a wet material). The protank heads I've received seem to be wick masters. But the vape seems to be burning even upon first hit. My battery also fried my dripping atomizer first hit (and I overloaded the thing to be safe), and it burns Blu cartos up in the first few hits. Now, if I hold the battery button longer than a few seconds, it DOES burn the wick (the Blu cartos sound like popcorn and another Protank head sounded like a gun), but for short puffs, it merely fries the juice without popping the wick.

I'm just about to seriously cry with this whole experience, I get so excited every time I place an order that I can't even sleep, and I get it in, and all I get is charcoal. I'm doing everything right. I puff, I blow, I soak, I drip, I dab, I let it sit. To be frank, this stuff isn't even supposed to be rocket science; for better or worse, you're supposed to load and go, even with a dripping atomizer. But I have THE worst vaping luck I've ever seen on this form. My old Blu kit died 6 days after I bought it. My Revolver kit burnt everything up. My first Spinner didn't even work. Mountain Oaks Vapor sent me a faulty NET. I've wasted over $100, probably $200. For better or worse, people get where I am by simply feeling as though their juice is lacking. Not because it tastes like a grill.

I seriously cannot spend any more money on this, but I'm about to puke with the amount of cigarettes I smoke. I can't pay $60 for some fancy e-cig. At the very most, I can risk spending $25 again on another Spinner-type, but to be frank, DV should refund me for this one. They royally tee'd me off sending me the first broken faulty battery that they ADMITTED had a good chance at being faulty, and this second one is no better for the amount of juice I've been able to vape with it. The only time it seemed to not burn anything was when the charge was recently near dead. There could be a plathora of problems. The spinner knob may not be connected with the chip, and the battery could be stuck at 4.7 for all I know. I just know that if I repeatedly can't get any better products than this, that the FDA needs to step in and worry more about the safety of batteries that singe and fry everything rather than what's in the juice. Or the BBB.

And I have four juices in my house at the moment. MOV's Sunday Morning, and GEJ's Perique, GJ4, and Coffee And Cream. The coffee is the only non-NET, so I figured it'd be safest. It's not a magnificently dark or thick juice either, a standard juice. But it tastes like the charcoal from a grill. In my drippy, in my protank, even in a Blu carto. Geez, who knows, maybe it's another insanely faulty juice, but I'm starting to blame my battery.

Last edited:

degnr8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2009
Aberdeen,WA,U.S.A
It's entirely possible something has gone wrong on the PCB, but most likely what's happened is the knob you turn to adjust your voltage isn't connected to the potentiometer or "pot". That's the knob inside that actuallyadjusts it. I know with a twist you just pull the knob off, pull the assembly inside down with a pair of needle nose, line up the slot and reassemble. I've never gotten my hands on a spinner, but I imagine it's the same thing. You can probably find a youtube tutorial.

MJTP

ECF Veteran
May 3, 2012
TN
So far, the only thing that seems to mildly work is using my Blu carto as a dripper - if I drip juice right in the center chamber (the tube, not the foam) and absolutely drench the atomizer in liquid, it seems to give off an unburned hint of the juice I'm using. With the perique, I could taste a bit of the "perique funk", the MOV juice will taste like weak maple syrup, and the coffee won't taste as much like charcoal. My dripping atomizer is absolutely destroyed it seems; everything tastes so incredibly burned in it, so much that with every puff, it makes me sneeze like crazy and makes my nose run like a train. Cigarettes tastes healthier as it is. I'll try my protank head after the wicks dry from soaking in water (didn't seem to harm anything the last time I did it) but if that doesn't work, I think I may just order a new battery. Sadly, I don't have any pliers on me even if I did get the Spinner apart. The spinner dial does seem slightly loose; I can push it in a little. I just want to taste the real taste of my juices so badly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread