Dripping (Want to start)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wrice4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2014
Texas
Hello everyone, so I have been doing some research on dripping and I think I understand it some what. I understand that you are just bypassing the tank, and pulling vapor straight off the coils. My question is, what do I need (supplies) to start trying this?

I have the Itaste VTR, can I even drip off of it (I assume with the extension)?
I have read that the 18650 batteries (mine = Panasonic Hybrid/IMR CGR18650CH), that I use in my VTR, are not safe for dripping....is this true?
I have read that the VTR is not powerful enough to dual coil drip, and I should only single coil it, thoughts?

I would like to try to start dripping, just because its something I have not done yet and find interesting. Also, it would be a great way to test my new flavors I am making myself. Anyways, I would like to know what I would need for my VTR, if I can drip on that, to get started and some good helpful hints for a beginner, if anyone has any. Thank you.

Last edited:

gwhetzler

Verified Member
Jul 10, 2014
San Antonio, TX
Dont equate dripping to sub-ohming.

All you need to drip is juice and an atty. You drip on the coils/wick and vape away. Then when the juice runs out drip again.

You can buy a RDA for this IE Igo w, TOBH, tugboat, etc. Or you can find a way to use what you already have.

You dont need a special battery to drip. I drip on ego-c twist, MVPs, and my Tree of Life Mech mod. I have a Igo W atty that is about 1.9 ohms that I can use on all of them. I use my TOBH atty on my mech mod with Sony VTC5 betteries because its .8 ohms.

What you do need the batteries for are Sub-Ohming and making your own coils that will have a resistance of less than 1ohm. If you want to do that I highly suggest that you do your research about batteries, learn Ohms Law, get a multimeter, an play it safe.

Last edited:

wrice4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2014
Texas
Dont equate dripping to sub-ohming.

All you need to drip is juice and an atty. You drip on the coils/wick and vape away. Then when the juice runs out drip again.

You can buy a RDA for this IE Igo w, TOBH, tugboat, etc. Or you can find a way to use what you already have.

You dont need a special battery to drip. I drip on ego-c twist, MVPs, and my Tree of Life Mech mod. I have a Igo W atty that is about 1.9 ohms that I can use on all of them. I use my TOBH atty on my mech mod with Sony VTC5 betteries because its .8 ohms.

What you do need the batteries for are Sub-Ohming and making your own coils that will have a resistance of less than 1ohm. If you want to do that I highly suggest that you do your research about batteries, learn Ohms Law, get a multimeter, an play it safe.

Thanks for the reply. I do want to make my own coils and try out different designs. I will do more research on the battery portion if I want to do that. I assume sub-ohm means anything below 1 ohm, and thats it? Besides that, I just need to go to my local vapor shop and get an rda?

What is the difference between rba/rda? One of them you build your own coils and the other one, the coil is already in there built?

Last edited:

GinnyTx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2014
Pearland, TX
we shall drip Friday!!
party0006.gif

well that's the estimated delivery date at least *lol* Got some Alice in Vaporland sampler coming and a MVP and a minidripper, it's like date night excitement here *lol*

let us know how it goes! :)

Kendogalopigus

Jul 22, 2014
Manteca, CA, USA
im also new to dripping i got a Vision Spinner a few days ago and went to my local shop and their ''master builder' suggested the Cyclone RDA and i love it, im gonna head down there today and get my first mech, still undecided if i want the stingray which they tell me is the best they carry or the maraxus telescoping which just looks awesome and theres also the nemesis which one of the regulars has and highly recommended.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    I started dripping with just an old eGo battery, and many that have been vaping longer than me dripped with old cig-a-like batteries.
    So dripping has been around a lot longer than sub ohm vaping or RDAs.

So do you want to learn how to drip, or go chasing after clouds?

If you want a nice dripper that fits on/in your VTR try this (not a cloud chaser)
    A7 Stainless Steel Rebuildable Atomizer

wrice4

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 7, 2014
    Texas
    I started dripping with just an old eGo battery, and many that have been vaping longer than me dripped with old cig-a-like batteries.
    So dripping has been around a lot longer than sub ohm vaping or RDAs.

So do you want to learn how to drip, or go chasing after clouds?

If you want a nice dripper that fits on/in your VTR try this (not a cloud chaser)
    A7 Stainless Steel Rebuildable Atomizer

The main reason I want to drip is to blow huge smoke and show off for friends. When I'm not doing that my aerotank and nautilus get the job done for me. What would I need to do in order to blow massive vapes when dripping? What supplies?

gwhetzler

Verified Member
    Jul 10, 2014
    San Antonio, TX
    Thanks for the reply. I do want to make my own coils and try out different designs. I will do more research on the battery portion if I want to do that. I assume sub-ohm means anything below 1 ohm, and thats it? Besides that, I just need to go to my local vapor shop and get an rda?

What is the difference between rba/rda? One of them you build your own coils and the other one, the coil is already in there built?

Just as everyone has said. The RDA is a rebuildable atty without a tank its sole purpose is for dripping. The RBA is a rebuildable atty with a tank. Either way you will have to build your own coils for both. I have a kayfun for my all day juice, and my main RDA is a TOBH mainly becasue I feel its easy to work with space wise. But shop around and find whats best for you.

Anyhting subohm is less than 1ohm ie .8ohm or .5ohm everone has their own opinion on this topic (subohming) so Im not goona get into it.

To get started on rebuilding you will need the following:

Kanthal wire (28 gage is kinda the middle of the road)
    some sort of wicking materal I use organic cotton
    something to wrap the wire on if you want to build micro coils (I use a 3/32 drill bit at 9 wraps is about 1.6-1.8ohm or so pending how sloppy I am)
    torch or lighter to torch the coil (optional to each their own I guess)
    Ohm meter or multimeter to ensure the saftey of the build
    wire snips/cutter/dykes/etc.
    youtube There are TONS of vids out there about how to do it.

If you get into mech mods you should be reading battery saftey stuff its not just for subohms. Dont run a battery past its limits.

wrice4

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 7, 2014
    Texas
    Just as everyone has said. The RDA is a rebuildable atty without a tank its sole purpose is for dripping. The RBA is a rebuildable atty with a tank. Either way you will have to build your own coils for both. I have a kayfun for my all day juice, and my main RDA is a TOBH mainly becasue I feel its easy to work with space wise. But shop around and find whats best for you.

Anyhting subohm is less than 1ohm ie .8ohm or .5ohm everone has their own opinion on this topic (subohming) so Im not goona get into it.

To get started on rebuilding you will need the following:

Kanthal wire (28 gage is kinda the middle of the road)
    some sort of wicking materal I use organic cotton
    something to wrap the wire on if you want to build micro coils (I use a 3/32 drill bit at 9 wraps is about 1.6-1.8ohm or so pending how sloppy I am)
    torch or lighter to torch the coil (optional to each their own I guess)
    Ohm meter or multimeter to ensure the saftey of the build
    wire snips/cutter/dykes/etc.
    youtube There are TONS of vids out there about how to do it.

If you get into mech mods you should be reading battery saftey stuff its not just for subohms. Dont run a battery past its limits.

Thank you for this.

gwhetzler

Verified Member
    Jul 10, 2014
    San Antonio, TX
    Oh no I just realized you got a ninja post in on me. For cloud chasing.... welp I don't do that so I can't tell you all the little tricks. However based on common knowledge, my background in chemistry and electricity here is what I will tell you:

You will need a RDA with suitable air flow.
    You will need to run sub ohm.
    You will need a ejuice that is high in VG %
    You will need to buy a high drain battery with high Amp output 30A is suitable IE 18650 2600MAH 30A (If you don’t understand that then you need to do more research)
    YOU WILL NEED TO DO RESEARCH ABOUT BATTERY SAFTEY
    Get the hint...

Also I am starting to think this not a good idea for you..

vapero

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 13, 2013
    monterrey,mexico
    with a regulated mod as the vtr you will be best set with a single coil setup and try to aim the lowest you could go on your device I don't know the specs on the vta but probably between 1.2-1.8ohms range you'll have a great vape there are tons of great drippers out lately and it all depends on what you are looking for.
    the igo-l is a great simple 1 coil rda
    you could get one with a deeper well so you don't have to drip that often like the origen or magma

I do recomend one with the adjustable air flow control to learn what works for you without drilling at the begining

wrice4

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 7, 2014
    Texas
    Oh no I just realized you got a ninja post in on me. For cloud chasing.... welp I don't do that so I can't tell you all the little tricks. However based on common knowledge, my background in chemistry and electricity here is what I will tell you:

You will need to buy a high drain battery with high Amp output 30A is suitable IE 18650 2600MAH 30A (If you don’t understand that then you need to do more research)
    Get the hint...

I understand and thanks .

vapero

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 13, 2013
    monterrey,mexico

Get the hint...

you are right here
    he will be using a vtr, so he can't go sub
    for clouds yes

You will need to buy a high drain batery with high Amp output 30A is suitable IE 18650 2600MAH 30A (If you don’t understand that then you need to do more research)
    he doesn't need a high drain battery with that mod

and he does not need to do research on battery safety on that mod

come on people!! I use a mech mod and always sub ohm, I DID NEEDED to learn a lot about batts ohms safety etc. but when I started dripping it was on a regulated device, you just need to learn to make coils and learn to spot a short on your coils, that's all, it is really simple and fool proof on a regulated device, you just build your coil even without knowing or aiming at a certain ohm range, your device will either fire it and work or it won't but there is no safety issue here, the mod won't blow up nor anything

gwhetzler

Verified Member
    Jul 10, 2014
    San Antonio, TX
    you are right here
    he will be using a vtr, so he can't go sub

You will need to buy a high drain batery with high Amp output 30A is suitable IE 18650 2600MAH 30A (If you don’t understand that then you need to do more research)
    he doesn't need a high drain battery with that mod

and he does not need to do research on battery safety on that mod

come on people!! I use a mech mod and always sub ohm, I DID NEEDED to learn a lot about batts ohms safety etc. but when I started dripping it was on a regulated device, you just need to learn to make coils and learn to spot a short on your coils, that's all, it is really simple and fool proof on a regulated device, you just build your coil even without knowing or aiming at a certain ohm range, your device will either fire it and work or it won't but there is no safety issue here, the mod won't blow up nor anything

I think you missed the post where he wants to cloud chase.... read the first page.
    With what he already has its not an issue at 1.2ohm or to drip or anyhting for that matter. But "blow clouds and show off for friends" well my post stands. Read his posts not just the title. It went from dripping to blowing clouds.

Last edited:

wrice4

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 7, 2014
    Texas
    So I just got done talking to the manager at my local vape shop and this is what he told me: VTR is not good for dripping because it only goes to 15w and you really need over 20. He recommended some, and I don't recall the name, tyrex v3 twist, for about $140 with a rda and 18350 imr battery. I just don't know if I want to spend $150 on something that I would just show off with. I enjoy my VTR right now.

Last edited:

vapero

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 13, 2013
    monterrey,mexico
    no prob, good luck and be safe.

I'm sorry if that came out harsh, I still need my coffee, I know your intentions are great and you are just looking up for a fellow vaper here
    but let's look at it this way

a good regulated device has all the built in features for safety that you need to learn on a mech. it has an amp limit well bellow normal batteries so a high drain is kind of redundant as you won't use its power (sure thay are better and will last much more charge cycles but if you have batts already just use those and won't have an issue)

some are afraid to start dripping or building because all the warnings and safety issues but these don't really apply to regulated mods.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread