Dripping (Want to start)

Status
Not open for further replies.

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
Thank you to everyone for the responses. I am the type of person that does tons of research before buying and I am all about safety. I am not jumping into anything, just asking questions and I appreciate everyone answers. So the main difference in a "dripping mod" and my VTR is wattage and being able to sub ohm?
Actually you can subohm on the VTR to a degree , it will fire down to .8ohms with no problem , but I wouldn't recommend pushing it to the limits like that , the 5amp limit on the device allows it but I don't know how long the chip and wiring will hold up like that .

wrice4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2014
Texas
I bought a:
v3tronix flip
efest 2500mah imr 18650 high drain 35a discharge battery
tobh atty atomizer
and the manager custom built me a dual twisted coil sub ohm at .38 ohms. This thing hits harddddd
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406167249.441862.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406167262.992023.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406167294.208370.jpg

Last edited:

wrice4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2014
Texas
I have read that the Efest are 35amp PULSE not continuous. Efest 35A Vs VTC5?.
Im going to order a couple VTC5s.

Edit: Seems like I can not find any in stock, from a reputable vendor. I am not going to take a chance with a clone from ebay/amazon, or anywhere else that I am not familiar with. I know the Efest is pulse, so 20a continuous, so I will just use this 1 battery, until the reputable guys have some more in stock.

Last edited:

wrice4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2014
Texas
If I understand the calculation correct. Its Voltage / ohm = amps . So a fully charged 3.7V 18650 is 4.2V. I have a .38 ohm build on my v3tronix flip. Then I am pushing (4.2/.38) = 11.0526Amps (continuous with a hit).

So this Efest 35A (which is really 20A continuous and 35a pulse) would be more than enough for me? Meaning, I am no where near (11a) the limitation of the battery (20a). Am I thinking this through correctly? If so, I will just go pick up another Efest from my local vape shop, since I can not find a reputable dealer that has the VTC5 in stock, and I wouldn't have to wait/waste money on shipping.

Please correct me if I am wrong. Opinion?

Last edited:

aldenf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2014
NYC, NJ, USA
I'm glad that you found a setup that you're happy with.

Just so you know, I purchased an inexpensive single coil RDA with adjustable airflow for less than $10 (SMOKTech UDA). I wanted to taste new/steeping juices easily with full flavor. I've tried multiple builds but find that the UDA vapes great between .8 & 1.2 Ohms. All this on my VTR at 15 watts throughout. The VTR WILL fire a full 15 watts as low as .6 Ohms but that's it's extreme and I don't want to push it that hard. It IS a 5amp device. The UDA is a 14mm RDA and sits beautifully on the VTR or an eGo battery (at >1.5 Ohms) for that matter. I've settled on a .9 - 1 ohm build with 28g twisted-Kanthal & cotton. It vapes great between 12 & 15 watts.

While not a "cloud-chasing" setup, in Rip Trippers words, it can chuck clouds pretty well. I think it's the build and the UDA's adjustable airflow. While not a quad-coil Helios setup, even the youngsters at the local B&M were impressed with what it could do when I was tasting some juices.

Just my experience... You CAN drip with darned good flavor, throat hit (TH) and vapor on a TRUE 15 watts. If one could care less about chasing clouds, a good 510 bridgeless atomizer does the trick quite nicely.

Cheers & happy vaping!

~Alden

aldenf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2014
NYC, NJ, USA
wrice4,

You are correct... .38 Ohms at 4.2 volts is 11 amps & 46 watts. The 20amp continuous output of your EFests should be sufficient.

For future reference, use the Steam Engine calculators here: Steam Engine | free vaping calculators

Have fun and vape safe...

~Alden

If I understand the calculation correct. Its Voltage / ohm = amps . So a fully charged 3.7V 18650 is 4.2V. I have a .38 ohm build on my v3tronix flip. Then I am pushing (4.2/.38) = 11.0526Amps (continuous with a hit).

So this Efest 35A (which is really 20A continuous and 35a pulse) would be more than enough for me? Meaning, I am no where near (11a) the limitation of the battery (20a). Am I thinking this through correctly? If so, I will just go pick up another Efest from my local vape shop, since I can not find a reputable dealer that has the VTC5 in stock, and I wouldn't have to wait/waste money on shipping.

Please correct me if I am wrong. Opinion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread