Status
Not open for further replies.

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
Yea...well I may have spoke too soon...I'm starting to get an off flavor...tea bag prolly is not the answer although it does wick very fast...hmmm...what to replace it with?...Any ideas?

Yup. use filler from another carto. Exacto knife a small strip of filler from one you've killed. Wrap around the coil on one end and feed in to the filler on the other.

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
I'm talking about what to use to replace the wraps around the coils. Instead of using teabag or similar, just use some filler from one of the cartos that's dead. En exacto knife goes through it like butter so you can make the length and thickness you want. The filler in these is amazing stuff and won't burn.

In the dual coil review thread started by stownz, someone mentioned that the wraps around the coils in their cartos were filler and not paper. I've cut up a bunch of these now and haven't seen that yet, but it wouldn't surprise me if Smoke Tech has changed their manufacturing process a little bit. Maybe newer runs of these will be like that, or maybe they ran out of paper one day.

JohnKing

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2010
FL
I'm talking about what to use to replace the wraps around the coils. Instead of using teabag or similar, just use some filler from one of the cartos that's dead. En exacto knife goes through it like butter so you can make the length and thickness you want. The filler in these is amazing stuff and won't burn.

In the dual coil review thread started by stownz, someone mentioned that the wraps around the coils in their cartos were filler and not paper. I've cut up a bunch of these now and haven't seen that yet, but it wouldn't surprise me if Smoke Tech has changed their manufacturing process a little bit. Maybe newer runs of these will be like that, or maybe they ran out of paper one day.

I got a batch with paper, found holes in it after taking one apart, it does seem like some type of paper and it still works after re-arranging the paper a bit but it's probably not the best solution, I'm going to try some wicking material I picked up (silica rope) the next time I take one apart.

These things work very nice, no leaks, consistent vapes, I only took the one apart more out of curiosity than bad performance. I'm running the 1.5's on rivas, it seems to hit better than a 3.7 box mod I have. No problems with the switch and if they wear down quicker I don't care, I'd rather replace batteries occasionally vs. constantly fiddling with leaks, wicking, etc.

Worldgod

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2011
Spokane
The filler in these is amazing stuff and won't burn.

I would have to disagree...one of mine was burnt through the first layer of the filler (closest to the coil obviously).

I'm going to try some wicking material I picked up (silica rope) the next time I take one apart.

Now that sounds like an idea...where did ya pick it up at?

JohnKing

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2010
FL
I would have to disagree...one of mine was burnt through the first layer of the filler (closest to the coil obviously).

Now that sounds like an idea...where did ya pick it up at?

here it is

McMaster-Carr

and/or

http://www.mcmaster.com/#fiberglass-rope/=chqtd9

Yeah, putting the wick outside of the coil does work, just a matter of finding the proper material. The coils are pretty sturdy so maybe some of that wicking could go through them as well. Anyway, something to tinker with I suppose, the life of a vaper...

Last edited:

sizemore2000

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2010
Tahlequah, Oklahoma
Got my 1st pack of duals today. Fired up the first one after filling it up, and I guess I over filled. After puffing for 30 minutes or so, it finally started vPing fine. I have a chuck and a saber touch, and they both work great with the dual and my 18650's, and I have all different kinds of 18650's. I tried the duals with my 2 tenergy 3v rcr123a batts at 6 volt, and nothing, on my chuck or touch. I guess the batts are my problem. Does anyone know what batteries I can use for 6volt vaping with these?

wolfstone5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2010
Somerset, Pennsylvania
I finally broke down and bought a pack of the Clear DC Cartos. I love the metal ones and I couldn't resist checking these out as well. So far.....so good. It's great to be able to see the liquid inside. I had no idea how long it actually took for the juice to reach the bottom and completely saturate the polyfill. There are also small air pockets that I suspect will go away as it breaks in. Hopefully, the tubes will be a little more durable than the CE2's.

lynch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2011
Lynchburg,Va
I have a problem with one of my dual coils, put it in my buzz this morning and it doesnt work.
It just wont fire up and the batteries are charged:confused:, so I put a regular carto on the pv to see
if that worked and it did, so just to see if the dual coil was dead or not I put it on a 510 battery
and it works . The dc was working great last night when I took it off :confused:, So I put on a new dc on pv
and that works great. I tried using a adapter thinking it's just not making contact but no help,any
ideas why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread