Status
Not open for further replies.

ppeeble

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2013
Poole UK
...As a long time vaper you should know that battery duration depends on a lot of factors,type of coil,type of vaping style,wattage used...hard to believe you would make a statement like that.[/QUOTE]

he he he.. i was going to add so that you could compare a set up on different devices to compare the efficiency of the device... But it was so very obvious that i didn't bother. Lesson learnt.

Seiggy

ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2012
Irwin, Pennsylvania
I use the puff counter much like I use my mileage counter in my car. When I fill up my tank I reset the counter (keeps track of miles per fill up). The counter of my mod lets me see how far my coil & wick are making it before a replacement or cleaning. Now all I have to do is to remember to reset in both cases :)

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
d9qczmv-48ea5ee5-0983-4a19-884c-f6e5c700f880.jpg

KurtVD

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2018
Switzerland
And some people use the puff counter if they have an atomizer with a non-transparent tank (like some atomizers come with a metallic middle piece, that can be used instead of the transparent piece which is made out of plastic (or glass?). It looks kind of cool, but you have no idea how much liquid is left in the tank. In this scenario, a puff counter can be used to have an approximate idea when to top up, and avoid dry hits.

I use the puff counter much like I use my mileage counter in my car. When I fill up my tank I reset the counter (keeps track of miles per fill up). The counter of my mod lets me see how far my coil & wick are making it before a replacement or cleaning. Now all I have to do is to remember to reset in both cases :)

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
And some people use the puff counter if they have an atomizer with a non-transparent tank (like some atomizers come with a metallic middle piece, that can be used instead of the transparent piece which is made out of plastic (or glass?). It looks kind of cool, but you have no idea how much liquid is left in the tank. In this scenario, a puff counter can be used to have an approximate idea when to top up, and avoid dry hits.
Use Temp Control and you won't have to count puffs or ever be concerned with dry hits.

I use a full metal jacket on one of my SvM Kayfun Prime's, run it in TC mode and never have dry hits. Before I leave the house I top off the tank. All set! I can vape the RTA completely dry.

KurtVD

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2018
Switzerland
I also have several atomizers with metal tank jackets, and I also use TC, I know about the puff counting method from someone else’s post.

I’ve been using TC ever since I started using a rebuildable atomizer. Initially I used it because the juices I prefer didn’t taste good at low wattages, but I found the vapor too hot even at 30W. TC fixed that, I’m not sure if I would have kept vaping were it not for TC. It was more by accident that I noticed what you are describing: you can actually vape the tank completely dry without a single dry hit. However, and that’s a little bizarre, if I don’t wick it correctly or something, I can still get dry hits…

Use Temp Control and you won't have to count puffs or ever be concerned with dry hits.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
However, and that’s a little bizarre, if I don’t wick it correctly or something, I can still get dry hits…
I never experience dry hits with my RBA's anymore.

There is a general wicking rule of thumb for avoiding dry hits or flooding. Perhaps it can help you.

Wick too tight in coil = dry hits

Wick too loose in coil = flooding

Wicking, with cotton, is a total "feel" thing. You want to feel some resistance as you move your wick back and forth through a coil. It should not be too loose. And it should not be too tight as you move it through the coil.

If using rayon then it needs to be tight in the coil. You should hear a squeaking sound as it's pulled through the coil.

Rayon contracts, cotton expands.

ETA: Rayon Wick - Better Flow, Flavor, Longevity, and Nic Hit!! - Pt.2
Part 1: Rayon wick, better flow, flavor, saturation and Nic Hit!

Last edited:

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2019
USA
When are manufacturers going to realize that no one cares about a puff counter on their mod display or menu?
I very much appreciate a puff counter however if it's going to be less than five digits don't bother It's pointless. Don't include a puff counter if it's three or four

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread