During a vape session,how many second before another puff

Status
Not open for further replies.

PodVaper

ECF Veteran
Jan 9, 2019
Asia-Pacific
Hi @Gue Ting Xuan,
I'm using different devices during the day but didn't use the Juul.
However, I would like to share that I'm vaping about 3 to 5 times for each round and have only few seconds break in between. Also each round will last me 2 hours with 25mg salt nic, sometimes less sometimes more.

And sometimes when chain vaping and the pod is getting hot, i will take a break too. Until satisfied.

To mention is that each device is different with sucking the juice up the wick or coil and here is where you might get dry hits from chain vaping if the wick or coil couldn't suck the juice fast enough. Obviously not the answer you searching but just an additional info and not with all devices.

be well,

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
I am using a JUUL to quit smoking,it’s the third day using it...while on cigarettes I took about 15-20 second before another puff,I plan to do the same for vaping.How many second do you hold before puffing the next one?
What is this "vape session" you speak of? I start vaping when I get up in the morning and stop when I go to sleep at night. Beyond that, I never really paid attention to how many puffs, how often, or how much time in between .

If you're trying to quit smoking, vape until the urge to smoke goes away. In the beginning, tha may actually make you borderline nic-sick. Provided it kills your urge to smoke, that's OK.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
What is this "vape session" you speak of? I start vaping when I get up in the morning and stop when I go to sleep at night. Beyond that, I never really paid attention to how many puffs, how often, or how much time in between .

If you're trying to quit smoking, vape until the urge to smoke goes away. In the beginning, tha may actually make you borderline nic-sick. Provided it kills your urge to smoke, that's OK.
Yeah...this for me as well. Honestly don't think about it either way.

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
Dude, no offense but you are overthinking this whole thing.

Good questions that have opened up lively debates so bravo there.

Chain vaping to some is like when you borrowed a buddies cigarette for a few quick drags and "hot box'd" it, ie made the tip glow brightly and caused the guy you borrowed it from to get a hot hit. Yuck.
Avoid that if you can. May burn out the coil too. Probably not, but it can lead to a burnt lip, which is one reason why some like temp controlled devices.

Just relax, take a drag or two and enjoy the experience, much like you did with a cigarette. You are doing great. Keep up the good work.

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
I don't really take much notice but I remember when first giving up smoking I pulled on it pretty often until the cravings settled down. That was with the early devices which didn't deliver much nicotine.

The juul is pretty strong so you'll probably need less....just do what feels right...the worst that can happen is that you'll start feeling a bit nauseous.....this definitely will get rid of your urge to smoke :)

Pete M

Aug 5, 2018
In 7 years I don't think I ever considered this - having tested it today anything between 1 second and 2 minutes, in 'sessions' that are either quick craving kicking bursts or long 'can't get enough of this lemon meringue' periods. On a variety of devices...

Guess what I'm getting at is to just vape it until you're happy - there's no rules on how to vape, you can do it however you want and have fun doing it!

(There's actually a ton of rules but with a Juul you don't need to know em :D)

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I vape constantly all day long, but it depends on what I'm doing at the time. If I'm working on something and need two hands I might not vape for 20 minutes. If I'm watching TV I'll pick it up here and there and take a hit. If I'm riding the lawn tractor cutting my grass it pretty much stays in my pocket until I get a chance to stop for a drink of water and a vape.

I vape 3mg strength MTL, so it takes a lot of hits to get a buzz. I go through about 10ml to 12ml a day at 10W. I can't remember the last time I got a buzz like I used to when I'd go out into the smoking area at work and smoke two light cigarettes in a hurry.

F-machine

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2018
Trapped in Asia
How you smoke is how you vape... At least that's my beginnings. I vape non stop when I'm at home... Puffing away once every 5 to 10 minutes when I'm watching a movie or a TV show. I chain vape during coffee breaks at work. Thats chain vaping like 5 to 8 puffs a minute. Just puff reasonably until your cravings stop.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
It really is kind of an odd adjustment in vaping at first. I smoked about 328,500 cigarettes in my life, most of them were in "sessions" of about 5-7 minutes, so you're brain gets used to that. There's no real start and end to a vape, so it can take a short while to get used to it. As others said, after a time (or even right away for some) it just comes down to take a hit when you want it, unless due to a work situation or something.

I do end up kind of near the same number of hits per day with vaping as I did with smokes, though. Usually between 150-200.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread