Status
Not open for further replies.

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
I use gold liquids high quallity i drop liquids in the coil before use i let it stand for 15 minutes and i do primepuffs... im going to follow your advice. 1 im goin g from 2 airholes to 2.5.. thats a lot of more air.. 2 i stop warming up the coil 0.5 seconds before drawing... i just tried this with cuban sigar.. its not bad althoug some heavy/dark taste notes go away.. strange thing is in the vape store they always warm up the coil before testing a new liquid.. i asked them before if that does kill the coil.. but they say no... but i will try

If you need to warm up the coil, you should consider using higher voltages. Alternatively, you could try temperature control.

Disclaimer: I have no experience with your mod or tank. I don't know what it supports and what it doesn't.

William The 1e

Oct 11, 2018
If you need to warm up the coil, you should consider using higher voltages. Alternatively, you could try temperature control.

Disclaimer: I have no experience with your mod or tank. I don't know what it supports and what it doesn't.

No option for temp controle coils at this moment. But your right i just put it from 10 to 11watt with the bigger airflow and no warmup. It works but im a sportive big lung flavour chaser))

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
No option for temp controle coils at this moment. But your right i just put it from 10 to 11watt with the bigger airflow and no warmup. It works but im a sportive big lung flavour chaser))

Big lung flavour chaser? You're going to need to up the power a bit my man.

Here's my small single coil build:

RawDisloyalKissingbug-size_restricted.gif

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I sometimes will do a couple of short pulse firings of the button during a single draw on those rare occassions when I get a burnt taste. For example, for a 4 second draw, I'll press the fire button on count 2 and 4, off of the button on count 1 and 3. The 1 and 3 off button acts like a primer puff and rewicks the wick.

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
AS @Topwater Elvis stated time is not the best measure of coil longevity. A coil could last a month if I only vaped 4ml per day with it, at the same time a coil that lasts 4 days but sees 30ml per day would also be a good coil. This of course assumes using the same juice in both coils allowing for equal impact of sweeteners and the like on each coil. Puff count would be an ok measure if puffs are controlled to be the roughly the same duration and have the same draw intensity.

I'd be very happy if coils lasted months but at the same time, it is what it is based; on the juice I vape, the length of each puff, the intensity of each draw, the airflow setting, chain vape or not, etc... As long as you do what you can to with each of these parameters to prolong the life of your coil without sacrificing the quality of your vape life is good.

I manipulate the above parameters to produce the best quality vape I can and when it's time to change the coil so be it.

For me quality of my vape is:
1) Flavor above all else,
2) throat hit,
3)density of the vape.

William The 1e

Oct 11, 2018
Low wattage.. tiny airflow.. preheat..4second draw = lots of taste and burned coils... changed my coil yesterday at only 1000 puffs +/_ 10 ml clear liquid 50 pg..a sore troath and a very black coil with nasty taste. Im going to try new techniques. Little bit more airflow no preheat and 3 sec draw instead of 4. I will let you know results within a couple of weeks.. show me your inside coil :) especially people who re using the coil extreme long and never looked at the cotton and kanthal seriously. Break it apart upload photo are you surprised by result.. be honest.

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
safe distance from a black hole
Low wattage.. tiny airflow.. preheat..4second draw = lots of taste and burned coils... changed my coil yesterday at only 1000 puffs +/_ 10 ml clear liquid 50 pg..a sore troath and a very black coil with nasty taste. Im going to try new techniques. Little bit more airflow no preheat and 3 sec draw instead of 4. I will let you know results within a couple of weeks.. show me your inside coil :) especially people who re using the coil extreme long and never looked at the cotton and kanthal seriously. Break it apart upload photo are you surprised by result.. be honest.
I just rebuilt a zenith coil. I didnt think to take pics of the cotton until I saw your post. It wasnt terrible as far as colour. Much clearer/cleaner than the examples you have posted. Kinda just "usual" for a used piece of cotton in any of my rta's using the juice I use. Disclaimers would be that it was a coil used only in a tank that only ever has flavourless juice in it and the juice has consistently been vg/nic/11% DW. It was installed on the 8th of October and usage wouldve been somewhere between 2500-3500puffs. I dont know how much juice because I just top that tank up so its full all the time except for a clean out here and there. Its the tank I use for at work.

Last edited:

William The 1e

Oct 11, 2018
I just rebuilt a zenith coil. I didnt think to take pics of the cotton until I saw your post. It wasnt terrible as far as colour. Much clearer/cleaner than the examples you have posted. Kinda just "usual" for a used piece of cotton in any of my rta's using the juice I use. Disclaimers would be that it was a coil used only in a tank that only ever has flavourless juice in it and the juice has consistently been vg/nic/11% DW. It was installed on the 8th of October and usage wouldve been somewhere between 2500-3500puffs. I dont know how much juice because I just top that tank up so its full all the time except for a clean out here and there. Its the tank I use for at work.
Which ohm coil you use the 0.8 or the 1.6? Wattage? How many airholes of the 5 you use? If i may ask

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
Which ohm coil you use the 0.8 or the 1.6? Wattage? How many airholes of the 5 you use? If i may ask
I prefer the 1.6 but dont mind the 0.8. I use either. The 1.6 seems to last longer.
1 or 2 holes open and with the 1.6 between 7 and 11w
But the big difference is the juice I use compared to yours.

William The 1e

Oct 11, 2018
You use more thick vg with very close airhole.. i use 50 vg clear tabacco 6mg not thick on 2 and a bit airhole 11watt.. i took long draws with 0.5 second preheat for the taste..total 4 seconds maybe 5 and sometimes take 2 draws within 15 seconds orso.. i try to do not take strong muscled inhales:).. For me it still does not explain me only can do 500/1000max puffs and you 3000?.. how long and strong are your draws?

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
You use more thick vg with very close airhole.. i use 50 vg clear tabacco 6mg not thick on 2 and a bit airhole 11watt.. i took long draws with 0.5 second preheat for the taste..total 4 seconds maybe 5 and sometimes take 2 draws within 15 seconds orso.. i try to do not take strong muscled inhales:).. For me it still does not explain me only can do 500/1000max puffs and you 3000?.. how long and strong are your draws?
VG with 11% distilled water is not very thick juice, its quite thin.
tbh there isnt much point trying to compare the unflavoured juice I use and the flavoured juice you are using. Coils with only unflavoured vg and dw going through them last for a very long time.

William The 1e

Oct 11, 2018
VG with 11% distilled water is not very thick juice, its quite thin.
tbh there isnt much point trying to compare the unflavoured juice I use and the flavoured juice you are using. Coils with only unflavoured vg and dw going through them last for a very long time.
Ahh ok clear.
Im curious.. why do you vape without taste and less pg throathit?

William The 1e

Oct 11, 2018
New way of vaping the result:

I Pull the coil appart at 1100 puffs and the cotton is (almost) clean and white! only a tiny brown/black spot.

So im happy the old result was a black coil at +/-750 puffs. Thanks for the advise to use a littlebit more airflow & no warm-up 1/2second.

Next time i try 1500/2000 puffs to see what happens inside the coil. I think around 1600 puffs will be fine to replace, max 2000.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread