How many puffs innokin zenith

Status
Not open for further replies.

William The 1e

Oct 11, 2018
I have my wattage at 11.5 air hole at 3 almost closed. From 750 puffs to 2000 is a great step forward. The taste is great too.. maybe not as great as 10 watt on
At 2 air holes.. but not much difference and long coil life.. im a coil killer.. photo below is 1100 puffs its nice and clean

Attachments

• 20181110_153036.jpg
    20181110_153036.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 51

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Uh, more than can be reasonably expected under most circumstances.

That coil (the 1.6 and the 0.8) is pretty bomb proof, under many circumstances.

I did manage to kill ONE early, LOL I was driving home last nigh and had a zenith (0.8 coil) om the Legend, was driving, and managed to raise my wattage to 164 watts.

I took a really nice, long slow inhale. It was dark.

It was the worst dry hit ever.

I put it aside to like, deal with in the morning (after recovering from my dry hit) and in the morning the Legend wouldn't even READ the coil.

You kind of have to work at it really, really hard. I mean I HAVE USED storebought dark juices in it ON PURPOSE when I was trying to see how long one would last.

I gave up on that one in the end, it just refused to die. LOL.

Anna

Reactions: Jebbn

William The 1e

Oct 11, 2018
Anna, in this topic i posted exactly the kind of liquids (clear not sweet 50vg) and the wattage around 11w/1.6ohm and pictures what happened st +/- 1000 puffs inside the coil. Black. Black. Black
I never tried it on 164watt :)
My previous post with picture is with a little more airflow its nice and clear and im happy with it. Maybe max 2000puffs is possible for me.. i was surprised about people talking on forums using a coil for 50ml ..5000 puffs.. 3 weeks or whatever. So i have to ask you demolish your coil right now and upload picture .. proof! :) hehe. Have you ever pull it appart?? My max ever is +/- 2500 puffs black blacl black and its easy to black burn it at 750 puffs: 1.5 air hole, 10 watt, 4 second draw including 0.5 second heating up before draw.. i guarantee you a black coil. Exeptions are with flavorless liquids. Reply your settings and coil pic plze

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Dude, I'm sorry it's not gonna happen. That experience was like.... if it had happened to me early on, I probably would have wondered if vaping was "safe" period but like, I'm pretty sure whatever was in it was entirely torched and blackened, I threw it away this morning I guess I could go on an hunt for it.

But the wire must have combusted, seriously, the coil wouldn't READ. I've had dry hits kill my coil before, but not to the point of bent and combusted metal. LOL.

I'm also kind of afraid to "inspect" a zenith coil, they're super manly and steroidal and I just tend to toss them.

Anna

William The 1e

Oct 11, 2018
Anna upload a picture of the cotton and wire of your coil when you think its almost time to put in a new one. you can pull it appart very easy at the top with only a fork..1 second.. im curious and i think you re too. :) you make some statements so lets check. Its not about good or bad.. right or wrong but about facts.

Last edited:
Reactions: stols001

wackygt

Nov 4, 2018
Dude she put 164w through a coil that is rated at a maximum of 18w. The comparison would be utterly meaningless as the coil will be totally fried!

In terms of these coils longevity - I am on the 0.8 coil coming up to 7 days. 4 air holes open. Been through approx 40 ml clear liquid with no sign that the coil is dying. Like you I am using clear liquids albeit mainly 70 VG. If you are burning out the coil too quickly I would guess more airflow would help as air is what cools the coil? Not sure what else to suggest as in mine and plenty of other people's experiences, these coils are some of the longer lasting stock coils around.

• Winner

William The 1e

Oct 11, 2018
Dude she put 164w through a coil that is rated at a maximum of 18w. The comparison would be utterly meaningless as the coil will be totally fried!

In terms of these coils longevity - I am on the 0.8 coil coming up to 7 days. 4 air holes open. Been through approx 40 ml clear liquid with no sign that the coil is dying. Like you I am using clear liquids albeit mainly 70 VG. If you are burning out the coil too quickly I would guess more airflow would help as air is what cools the coil? Not sure what else to suggest as in mine and plenty of other people's experiences, these coils are some of the longer lasting stock coils around.
True more airflow is good for longevity. I noticed that too. As you can see on the pictures from previous post. As a flavourchaser low ohm wide, air does not do the job from me personally.. its like music. You have treble and bass.. low ohm and more air and you have many clear high notes. Put in the 1.6 and the base starts kicking in.. airflow on 2 holes en wattage low is delicious 3d surround sound.. put poor longevity. I solved it.. littlebit more air.. no 0.5 sec preheat. What you write sounds normal, the 0.8 is higher in liquid use.. but some people write about 4 weeks with a coil.. and then i ask.. let me/us see the inside of the coil used with flavour.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Dude, I've had really bad dry hits before but never one so bad it FRIED the wire.

I will also note, I've taken my first "break day" where I do absolutely nothing besides the most basic of bodily functions in a MONTH, but trust me I have no time to post pictures of my deconstructed coils-- really. I have moved and am in transit, and like, I started a new job.

I also do not get all jazzed up at what my SPENT coils look like, they are SUPPOSED to look awful, you don't get burnt TASTE without burnt wicking ALL my wicks (drop in or RTA) look horrid when I change them. The way I see it is they are supposed to, really.

Also, I tend to change my (0.8 coils anyway) BEFORE they taste burned, because they get so restricted vaping becomes a bit too much effort, etc. LOL.

I am betting they are ugly then too, but I don't bother to check, because as far as I am concerned I don't remove a coil when it starts to lose it's pristine white look because that would be every two hours or less.

And yet, I mysteriously continue to like, recover from my almost COPD.

I will admit I have ONE flavor that tastes BETTER burnt, (it's almost a caramelization thing) and I do have to FORCE myself to change that wick because otherwise it would probably be bad but the majority of vapers (myself included) don't worry about it we just change it when it starts to suck, and really, not that much more thought needs to be put into it, honestly.

Deconstructing your old coils is not going to change your ultimate health outcome I don't think although by all means, carry on if you must.

Anna

Reactions: wackygt

William The 1e

Oct 11, 2018
Dude, I've had really bad dry hits before but never one so bad it FRIED the wire.

I will also note, I've taken my first "break day" where I do absolutely nothing besides the most basic of bodily functions in a MONTH, but trust me I have no time to post pictures of my deconstructed coils-- really. I have moved and am in transit, and like, I started a new job.

I also do not get all jazzed up at what my SPENT coils look like, they are SUPPOSED to look awful, you don't get burnt TASTE without burnt wicking ALL my wicks (drop in or RTA) look horrid when I change them. The way I see it is they are supposed to, really.

Also, I tend to change my (0.8 coils anyway) BEFORE they taste burned, because they get so restricted vaping becomes a bit too much effort, etc. LOL.

I am betting they are ugly then too, but I don't bother to check, because as far as I am concerned I don't remove a coil when it starts to lose it's pristine white look because that would be every two hours or less.

And yet, I mysteriously continue to like, recover from my almost COPD.

I will admit I have ONE flavor that tastes BETTER burnt, (it's almost a caramelization thing) and I do have to FORCE myself to change that wick because otherwise it would probably be bad but the majority of vapers (myself included) don't worry about it we just change it when it starts to suck, and really, not that much more thought needs to be put into it, honestly.

Deconstructing your old coils is not going to change your ultimate health outcome I don't think although by all means, carry on if you must.

Anna
Thanks for your reply Anna. Reading this i think you re totally right. There re other things in life then demolish your coils :) good luck. I hope you find the job you like

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread