How many puffs innokin zenith

Status
Not open for further replies.

William The 1e

Oct 11, 2018
How many puff (weeks) can you do in general with the innokn zenith before it get nasty?

Ofcourse it depends on a lot of circumstances, but i m curious.

How many puffs and what re the cicumstances

This is 1 week 1200 puffs, 11 watt 2 holes. Clear liquid, 4 seconds draw

Attachments

• coil 12oo puff.jpg
    coil 12oo puff.jpg
    554.1 KB · Views: 131

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
How many puff (weeks) can you do in general with the innokn zenith before it get nasty?

Ofcourse it depends on a lot of circumstances, but i m curious.

How many puffs and what re the cicumstances

This is 1 week 1200 puffs, 11 watt 2 holes. Clear liquid, 4 seconds draw
Hola,
How many ML of juice do you use in that time?
What brand/ flavour/ nic strenght?

Mrs. Izan gets about 10 days of use from her CL-R coils. ~1Ω @13Watts, DIY 12% flavouing, 10mg/ml FB, dark juice.
If you double your nicotine strength, you should be able to extend the life of the coils a bit.

Cheers
I

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio

Of course it depends on a lot of circumstances, but i'm curious.

How many puffs and what re the circumstances?
Coil life expectancy depends upon a number of factors:

Can vary widely from one coil design to another. From one manufacturer to another manufacturer. SMOK tanks have a notorious reputation for short coil life.

Sweeter and darker e-liquids are tougher on coil life. Higher Vg e-liquids can be tougher on MTL (mouth to lung) coils which have smaller/fewer juice holes.

Chain vaping shortens coil life expectancy.

Using wattage settings higher than recommended for that specific coil's range will shorten coil life.

Some coils are "bad" right out of a new box. Some manufacturers are worse in this respect than others (ie SMOK).

I have found that it is the wick (cotton) which degrades far sooner than the coil.

Last edited:

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Its a clear not sweet liquid. Normally i fire 1 second and then take a 3 second draw on low wattage..

You shouldn't press the fire button before you start to inhale, with no airflow you run the risk of scorching even burning the wicking material, cause coil gunk build up, overheat the coil & just generally reducing head life.
Airflow is the heads cooling system, the more restricted airflow the easier it is to scorch wicking, caramelize favorings on the coil (gunk).
Your method of firing even for 1 second before you start to inhale is at the very least majorly contributing if not causing your issue.

Again, days, weeks whatever time frame is not a good measure to use, how many ml's of liquid per head is the most accurate measure.

What is nasty about it?
The looks or the taste?

I don't care what a head looks like internally, I care about how it tastes and if the airflow becomes restricted.
Off, odd, funky burnt tastes or reduced airflow = time to replace head.

Last edited:

William The 1e

Oct 11, 2018
You shouldn't press the fire button before you start to inhale, with no airflow you run the risk of scorching even burning the wicking material, cause coil gunk build up, overheat the coil & just generally reducing head life.
Airflow is the heads cooling system, the more restricted airflow the easier it is to scorch wicking, caramelize favorings on the coil (gunk).
Your method of firing even for 1 second before you start to inhale is at the very least majorly contributing if not causing your issue.

Again, days, weeks whatever time frame is not a good measure to use, how many ml's of liquid per head is the most accurate measure.

What is nasty about it?
The looks or the taste?
Airflow wider is loosing all the taste.. drawing without warming the coil 0.5 seconds orso is also vapin g without taste

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
safe distance from a black hole
Wauw thats amazing.. with 560 puffs 1.6 ohm airhole 2 mine is totally black inside..my throat starts to hurt by then. I ques 10ml
Normally my juice is unflavoured, VG/nic/11%distilled water, coils last forever. They last so long I start to wonder about how contaminated or how hygienic they might be.
I think my average puffs a day are usually around about 350-400. Low watts, medium tight draw.
This weeks batch is 12% DW and I dont expect any wicking issues on any of the atomizers I use for unflavoured.
Flavour chases are always going to be stuck in some sort of compromise when it comes to longevity of the wick.
I have two RTA's that are set aside for flavours and I dont think their wicks last a 1/4 of the time the unflavoured RTA's wicks last for.

Last edited:

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
Airflow wider is loosing all the taste.. drawing without warming the coil 0.5 seconds orso is also vapin g without taste

It's the same as inhaling when you breathe - without taste. The taste will come when you decide to push the button but with the business value added benefit of not cooking your coils.

Reactions: Izan

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
To me it sounds like you're vaping a head with scorched wicking material or using low quality liquids.
Scorched wicking = reduced flavor.

Are you thoroughly priming a new head before use?
Do you start a new properly primed head off at a lower power level and gradually work you way up over at least the first half tank?

Drip drops of liquid on all exposed wicking material until fully saturated (may take 5 - 15 drops).
Install head into base, thread base & tank together, fill tank, let sit a few minutes.
Reduce power, with the 1.6Ω head I'd start at 8.5w, take a few unpowered primer puffs.
Gradually break in the head, first dozen or so vapes at 8.5, then a dozen or so at 9, stop raising power when you get what you like.
You do not have to use 10w, if you find you like it best at 9 so be it.

What power device are you using?

• Informative
Reactions: Baditude

William The 1e

Oct 11, 2018
I use gold liquids high quallity i drop liquids in the coil before use i let it stand for 15 minutes and i do primepuffs... im going to follow your advice. 1 im goin g from 2 airholes to 2.5.. thats a lot of more air.. 2 i stop warming up the coil 0.5 seconds before drawing... i just tried this with cuban sigar.. its not bad althoug some heavy/dark taste notes go away.. strange thing is in the vape store they always warm up the coil before testing a new liquid.. i asked them before if that does kill the coil.. but they say no... but i will try

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread