The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

How many puffs innokin zenith

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by William The 1e, Oct 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. William The 1e

William The 1e Full Member

Oct 11, 2018
    How many puff (weeks) can you do in general with the innokn zenith before it get nasty?

Ofcourse it depends on a lot of circumstances, but i m curious.

How many puffs and what re the cicumstances

This is 1 week 1200 puffs, 11 watt 2 holes. Clear liquid, 4 seconds draw

Attached Files:

2. dom qp

dom qp Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

If you hold the button half as long you can double your puff count.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Izan

Izan Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    Hola,
    How many ML of juice do you use in that time?
    What brand/ flavour/ nic strenght?

Mrs. Izan gets about 10 days of use from her CL-R coils. ~1Ω @13Watts, DIY 12% flavouing, 10mg/ml FB, dark juice.
    If you double your nicotine strength, you should be able to extend the life of the coils a bit.

Cheers
    I

4. William The 1e

Oct 11, 2018
    50pg tabacco not salt. 15ml. 6mg nicotine

5. William The 1e

Oct 11, 2018
    This one same story 375 puffs

Attached Files:

6. Topwater Elvis

Topwater Elvis Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Dec 26, 2012
    Texas
    What is 'nasty' about it?
    How it looks, or how it tastes?
    Are you using a sweet tobacco liquid?

Days or puff count isn't a good measure, how many mls of liquid per head is.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. Izan

Izan Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    W,
    I suggested to Mrs. Izan to begin inhaling before pressing the button and to release the button before she finished.
    That seems to have helped a bit.

HTH
    I

8. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    Coil life expectancy depends upon a number of factors:

Can vary widely from one coil design to another. From one manufacturer to another manufacturer. SMOK tanks have a notorious reputation for short coil life.

Sweeter and darker e-liquids are tougher on coil life. Higher Vg e-liquids can be tougher on MTL (mouth to lung) coils which have smaller/fewer juice holes.

Chain vaping shortens coil life expectancy.

Using wattage settings higher than recommended for that specific coil's range will shorten coil life.

Some coils are "bad" right out of a new box. Some manufacturers are worse in this respect than others (ie SMOK).

I have found that it is the wick (cotton) which degrades far sooner than the coil.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. William The 1e

Oct 11, 2018
    Its a clear not sweet liquid. Normally i fire 1 second and then take a 3 second draw on low wattage..

10. William The 1e

Oct 11, 2018
    I like taste not an airy vape

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  11. William The 1e

Oct 11, 2018
    I read people running their zennith coil for 3 weeks..

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Jebbn

Jebbn Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 2, 2018
    Australia
    I got through between 120-170ml out of one 1.6ohm coil before I ditched it. About 6weeks.
    I dont know how many puffs that was but I have clocked myself at 560puffs in 16hrs. It was a minty blackberry menthol and it was delicious. Best zero pg juice I have tried.

• Like Like x 1
  13. William The 1e

Oct 11, 2018
    Wauw thats amazing.. with 560 puffs 1.6 ohm airhole 2 mine is totally black inside..my throat starts to hurt by then. I ques 10ml

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  14. Topwater Elvis

Dec 26, 2012
    Texas
    You shouldn't press the fire button before you start to inhale, with no airflow you run the risk of scorching even burning the wicking material, cause coil gunk build up, overheat the coil & just generally reducing head life.
    Airflow is the heads cooling system, the more restricted airflow the easier it is to scorch wicking, caramelize favorings on the coil (gunk).
    Your method of firing even for 1 second before you start to inhale is at the very least majorly contributing if not causing your issue.

Again, days, weeks whatever time frame is not a good measure to use, how many ml's of liquid per head is the most accurate measure.

What is nasty about it?
    The looks or the taste?

I don't care what a head looks like internally, I care about how it tastes and if the airflow becomes restricted.
    Off, odd, funky burnt tastes or reduced airflow = time to replace head.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. William The 1e

Oct 11, 2018
    My max is 25ml 2500 puffs and my throat as black as the coil... put the airflow more open on 3 holes for example really helps.. helps to kill the flavour :)... may i ask how long your current coil is in use? Dont you think its black inside.. and what airflow do you use??

16. William The 1e

Oct 11, 2018
    Airflow wider is loosing all the taste.. drawing without warming the coil 0.5 seconds orso is also vapin g without taste

17. Jebbn

Jebbn Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 2, 2018
    Australia
    Normally my juice is unflavoured, VG/nic/11%distilled water, coils last forever. They last so long I start to wonder about how contaminated or how hygienic they might be.
    I think my average puffs a day are usually around about 350-400. Low watts, medium tight draw.
    This weeks batch is 12% DW and I dont expect any wicking issues on any of the atomizers I use for unflavoured.
    Flavour chases are always going to be stuck in some sort of compromise when it comes to longevity of the wick.
    I have two RTA's that are set aside for flavours and I dont think their wicks last a 1/4 of the time the unflavoured RTA's wicks last for.

• Like Like x 2
  18. dom qp

dom qp Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

It's the same as inhaling when you breathe - without taste. The taste will come when you decide to push the button but with the business value added benefit of not cooking your coils.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Topwater Elvis

Dec 26, 2012
    Texas
    To me it sounds like you're vaping a head with scorched wicking material or using low quality liquids.
    Scorched wicking = reduced flavor.

Are you thoroughly priming a new head before use?
    Do you start a new properly primed head off at a lower power level and gradually work you way up over at least the first half tank?

Drip drops of liquid on all exposed wicking material until fully saturated (may take 5 - 15 drops).
    Install head into base, thread base & tank together, fill tank, let sit a few minutes.
    Reduce power, with the 1.6Ω head I'd start at 8.5w, take a few unpowered primer puffs.
    Gradually break in the head, first dozen or so vapes at 8.5, then a dozen or so at 9, stop raising power when you get what you like.
    You do not have to use 10w, if you find you like it best at 9 so be it.

What power device are you using?

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. William The 1e

Oct 11, 2018
    I use gold liquids high quallity i drop liquids in the coil before use i let it stand for 15 minutes and i do primepuffs... im going to follow your advice. 1 im goin g from 2 airholes to 2.5.. thats a lot of more air.. 2 i stop warming up the coil 0.5 seconds before drawing... i just tried this with cuban sigar.. its not bad althoug some heavy/dark taste notes go away.. strange thing is in the vape store they always warm up the coil before testing a new liquid.. i asked them before if that does kill the coil.. but they say no... but i will try

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.