E-cig Side Effects

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2010
Beaverton, Oregon!
I have some with warnings some without, most of us know I guess, but sure would be nice for all vendors to be putting clear warnings, even if just the Poison Symbol on their bottles.

I think that's a great idea. When I buy my diy mixing stuff there is a warning on the website about using gloves and taking precautions but it's true that many of the pre-mixed bottles have no warning.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
This is incorrect. You may absorb ~1mg of nicotine from a cigarette, but they have far more. This is why pets and children can get so sick from eating a cigarette or cigarette butts. What makes you think you absorb more nicotine in vaporized e-juice than smoking? The few scientific studies that have been done show we absorb far less than when smoking.

You are exactly right about PV's being far less effective in getting nicotine into your system than cigarettes. The most commonly vaped nicotine level is 24mg. Yet we hardly ever read about a negative reaction. The OP is seriously uninformed. Interesting that his first post is one big "warning label".

Rosa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2010
Beaverton, Oregon!
You are new here, I bet everyone would be happy to let you have a do over. Introduce yourself and ask about your concerns. Read read read and go from there.

And you are completely right! Hey Adam, lets let bygones be bygones. I'm glad you made it to the ECF forum, the largest and most knowledgeable e-cigarette forum in the world. :) If you like vaping, even at 0mg nicotine, we support you.

Let's be friends.

toto1013

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2011
SE Kansas
For those that don't know the ratios, if the label on a bottle of e-juice says 24mg, that means there's 24mg per ml. So, again, a 30ml bottle would contain a total of 240mg of nicotine, which is A LOT.

So then if I vape a ml a day, 240mg/30ml =8mg of nic a day which is=to 8 cigarettes a day with a cigarette containing a mg of nic. 4-10 cigs a day was what I was smoking when I started vaping.
So according to your calculations I am getting close to the same amount or less of nicotine vaping as I was on analogs.

However, when you have time would you please explain how you arrived at a total of 240mg of nicotine in a 30ml bottle of 24mg of nicotine per ml?

Last edited:

DesiG

ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2010
Rochester NY
Adam1113
sir, unless you are a physician, I would respectfully suggest that you do not blithely offer advice about what to do if you are having cardiac symptoms. Anyone who is experiencing cardiac symptoms should call their primary care physician for direction.
Furthermore, you should not be instructing others as to what nicotine level is safe. You are not aware of what an individual's prior consumption was, nor should you pass judgement about someone being "horribly addicted". This forum is about using vaping for harm reduction, and generally finding ways to limit our exposure to traditional cigarettes.
There are many informative threads that discuss the issues that you 'attempted' to instruct us on, and you can access and read those even if your post count does not allow you to post in them.
Why don't you try again, introduce yourself to the folks here- share your experience as a one year user of personal vaporizers and share with us the vendors that you feel offer a good product.
For example; what kind of pv are you using- it's pro's and con's, would you recommend it to another. Were you able to completely stop using analog cigarettes? What are your favorite ejuice flavors, and where have you been ordering the all VG juice- what level of nic do you currently vape, do you get a decent throat hit? how is the taste? would you recommend the vendor that you are currently using.
Peace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread