E-cigs & Blue Cross/Blue Shield Regs

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonkeyMonk

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2009
Idahojo I found this for you, too.

How Long Does Nicotine Stay In Your System For Drug Testing? - Blurtit
"You can help flush nicotine more quickly from your system by drinking lots of citrus beverages, high in Vitamin C during the first several days along with moderate amounts of water; the vitamin C speeds up the metabolism of nictoine by your body, and of course the fluids will help with the excretion of that metabolized nicotine through your urine. I hope this helps. Good luck!"

Self Detoxification:
How to Detox
Step 1: Start with switching over to a salubrious lifestyle. Put a full stop to the usage of drugs like alcohol, marijuana and ........ Avoid sugar rich food, fat filled items and coffee. Start having raw vegetables and fruits frequently instead of a delicious brunch. Try to bring in positive changes in your dietary routine.

Step 2: The next step of ‘how to detox’ is to commence the use of a soft brush to clean your body before your take bath daily. Just start cleaning with the brush and keep making circles. Start from your feet and go up. Clean well and with intent attention. You would be able to get the toxins out of your body with ease in the long run if you start following this cleansing action before your shower routine.

Step 3: When you ask me as to how to detox your body, the next step that I would suggest is to opt for fasting. There are a couple of methodologies that you can follow. They are juice fasting and water fasting. juice fasting is where you decide to detox your body by having juices from fruits and vegetables as your diet for 5-7 days continuously. Try not to have citrus fruit juices. Opt for cranberry/carrot/apple juices. Water fasting is where you only have water. If you intently follow the fasting techniques, the toxins in your body are expelled with ease.

Step 4: Steam bath is an answer to how to detox your system with ease. Impurities in the body are expelled via perspiration. You can take a steam bath just before or after a fast.
Irrespective of whether you decide to go into long term dietary plans or soft brushing or fasting accompanied by a sauna, the consequences are emphatically remarkable if you strictly adhere to the process for a few months

MonkeyMonk

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2009
Idahojo there are also herbal things that can assist you... like supplements and aromatherapy... Someone else needs to advise you in those areas. I'm not that well informed. I will say that I have a lot of Lavender items around my condo because the scent of lavender calms the nerves. For men (and maybe women, too) the smell of baby powder helps. If you need any help in quitting so you can get the surgery, I'm familiar with the 12 Steps (for a different problem) and during your "quit time" would be willing to give you my cell phone number. So, you could call me rather than have a smoke or a vape. If you want my cell phone number just message me and I'll give it to you.

Last edited:

jamie

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2008
USA
it will be great if you can quit and certainly go ahead and try to meet the criteria, however there is another issue - the company isn't allowed to invent new qualifications for providing your health care after selling you the policy and taking your money.

Either this is something that your employer agreed to as part of the policy negotiations or it's something BC came up with because they made cost-cutting promises to your employer and can't meet them (which is the norm in this biz). Anyway, they are required by law to set out an appeals process and notify you of these rights and you can certainly file that appeal. Also your doctor can object on your behalf and request reconsideration of the decision. Also your state may have an opinion on this as they regulate insurance offerings.

(haven't had the smoking issue come up but I've done all three of those things at different times with insurance and always won)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread