E-Liquid nic, for pack a day smoker , in a sub ohm tank?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mj79

ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2010
mn
Well I've been vaping for over a month again, and am slowly cutting down on cigs every day.. I Have a Alien kit I bought , and picked up a cleito 120 as a " larger high wattage " tank just to try it out. and honestly I'm liking the BB t8 and t6 coils better than the 120.

Anywho.. I smoked about a pack to 1 1/2 a day of marlb lights, and was fine, with sub ohm I thought 3 mg would be a good start. But even after vaping on the BB or 120 there is almost zero throat hit with 3 mg with 70vg liquids .. ( which is what most of mine are ) Lots of flavor, lots of vapor but not much of that.... Hit... maybe if I was on 3mg @ 50/50 it may be different, but when Im trying to order alot of juice, If I order 6mg for my sub tanks, and its to much , thats ok, and Ill just use it in my MTL ( for like a year as I plan on ordering 500 mg of different juices ) ..

Just wondering what everyone is using for nic on "average" 70vg/30 juice and if 50/50 is that much more harsh..

I heard so much about Ruby Roo, and the juice was OK, (( Myee, Blue Slushie ) but IMO very little flavor and didn't soak up into the my coils ( but for a dripper might be amazing ) near as well as a 70/30 ( obviously ) ..

So like I said.. Just looking for that little extra.. ( I use parentheses alot huh ) :) and also want to know before I order alot of juice what others in my case like... 50/50 w 3 mg, 70/30 with 6 mg? Sooooo many options to find the right one its almost over whelming

Reactions: Opinionated

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Hi mj,

I don't know if, but perhaps this article might be helpful to you.

I vape old skool (15mg, 65/35 PG/VG) as I get the best of both worlds in my setups, which are MTLs. Higher than 50% VG makes me cough and seems to make me feel congested, and tho the vapor is dandy, it doesn't carry the flavor I so enjoy.

PG v. VG: What`s the difference? A Vaper`s Guide

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
I think vaping in general is an individual experience - and we are all different hence the wide and varied choices.

Personally, I am back to vaping with nicotine, but nic doesn't matter to me so much.. I can vape 3 mg or 6 mg .. oddly I do like some flavor of nicotine in my juice, it seems to make a difference in taste, otherwise I could probably do without it altogether, but I find it nice so I use it.

I don't however sub ohm, I vape mtl around 11 watts with max vg juice and that's my personal happy place.

What you can do, if you are personally finding 3 mg not enough and 6 too much, you can mix a three with a 6, which would give you 4.5 mg juice.. and see if that's better for you.

It's all a matter of finding the right spot for you personally..

Reactions: Katdarling

numsquat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2015
It takes a while to find juices that work for you. I'm not an ex-smoker but an ex-smokeless/dipper so throat hit was not something I ever looked for. Started with 24mg nic several years ago and it didn't take me long do reduce the mg, did it by buying lower (eventually 0mg) and blending. Was a big blender, both for nic and pg/vg ratios before recently DIYing, which has been both interesting and fun.

I use two different tanks (Cleito 120 and Innokin Axiom) and have started making two versions of each juice recipe, one for each tank. I use my tanks diffently so adjust my juices accordingly. DIY might be something to think about in the future.

Reactions: Opinionated

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Well I've been vaping for over a month again, and am slowly cutting down on cigs every day.. I Have a Alien kit I bought , and picked up a cleito 120 as a " larger high wattage " tank just to try it out. and honestly I'm liking the BB t8 and t6 coils better than the 120.

Anywho.. I smoked about a pack to 1 1/2 a day of marlb lights, and was fine, with sub ohm I thought 3 mg would be a good start. But even after vaping on the BB or 120 there is almost zero throat hit with 3 mg with 70vg liquids .. ( which is what most of mine are ) Lots of flavor, lots of vapor but not much of that.... Hit... maybe if I was on 3mg @ 50/50 it may be different, but when Im trying to order alot of juice, If I order 6mg for my sub tanks, and its to much , thats ok, and Ill just use it in my MTL ( for like a year as I plan on ordering 500 mg of different juices ) ..

Just wondering what everyone is using for nic on "average" 70vg/30 juice and if 50/50 is that much more harsh..

I heard so much about Ruby Roo, and the juice was OK, (( Myee, Blue Slushie ) but IMO very little flavor and didn't soak up into the my coils ( but for a dripper might be amazing ) near as well as a 70/30 ( obviously ) ..

So like I said.. Just looking for that little extra.. ( I use parentheses alot huh ) :) and also want to know before I order alot of juice what others in my case like... 50/50 w 3 mg, 70/30 with 6 mg? Sooooo many options to find the right one its almost over whelming

If you are looking for a throat hit you probably will not find it in higher vg ejuice as pg carries the flavor and throat hit of the nic better. Vg is used to smooth out a juice and give bigger clouds.

Maybe you should have one set up that is not subohm and not necessarily mtl either, somewhere in the middle.
From what you are saying you are not getting enough nic in your vape to give up the stinkies completely so upping that would help you, I think.

just my 2 pennies
:)

dyanaprajna

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2017
Indiana
Almost all my juices are 70vg/30pg. In my sub-ohm tanks, I normally use 3mg nic, with the occasional 6mg nic. On my mtl tanks, I normally use 12mg nic. I'm not big on a throat hit on my sub-ohm tanks, but I do on my mtl tanks.
If you're feeling like you're not getting enough nic, just increase the nic amount, and that should also give you more of a throat hit. If you feel like you're getting enough nicotine, though, get juices with a little more pg.

BoilerGuy

Unresolved Status
Sep 13, 2016
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread