Let's Talk Nic Salts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalSteve

Mar 10, 2019
Hey nic salt users, let's discuss our favorites, varieties we didn't like, etc.

I'll go first:

Favorites
Hometown Hero Lazer Wolf Salted Ultra (50 mg) - this is a cinnamon bun with vanilla ice cream. The flavors are well-balanced and it's sweet but not too sweet. ADV until I finished it.

Dinner Lady Blackberry Crumble (50 mg) - this was another ADV for me. It's a little sweet, a little tart, and a little buttery.

I also liked
Killer Kustard Lemon (48 mg) - this was my first custard. The lemon flavor is pretty good. It made me want to explore custard flavors.

Glas Mango Tango (50 mg) - sweet mango, pineapple, and currant. It tastes like a tropical juice drink.

Glas Banana Cream Pie (50 mg) - this is delicious but it's a bit too sweet for me. I can't vape it all the time.

Holy Cannoli Fruit Pebbled (35 mg) - fruity COPYRIGHTDMCA in a cannoli? I was intrigued. It's a little creamy but mostly tastes like the powder from the bottom of the cereal bag. It's very sweet and very lemony, almost too much.

I just took advantage of a Father's Day sale and ordered a few more, including two Sadboy flavors. I'll post about them here if this thread takes off.

Reactions: stols001

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hey nic salt users, let's discuss our favorites, varieties we didn't like, etc.

I'll go first:

Favorites
Hometown Hero Lazer Wolf Salted Ultra (50 mg) - this is a cinnamon bun with vanilla ice cream. The flavors are well-balanced and it's sweet but not too sweet. ADV until I finished it.

Dinner Lady Blackberry Crumble (50 mg) - this was another ADV for me. It's a little sweet, a little tart, and a little buttery.

I also liked
Killer Kustard Lemon (48 mg) - this was my first custard. The lemon flavor is pretty good. It made me want to explore custard flavors.

Glas Mango Tango (50 mg) - sweet mango, pineapple, and currant. It tastes like a tropical juice drink.

Glas Banana Cream Pie (50 mg) - this is delicious but it's a bit too sweet for me. I can't vape it all the time.

Holy Cannoli Fruit Pebbled (35 mg) - fruity COPYRIGHTDMCA in a cannoli? I was intrigued. It's a little creamy but mostly tastes like the powder from the bottom of the cereal bag. It's very sweet and very lemony, almost too much.

I just took advantage of a Father's Day sale and ordered a few more, including two Sadboy flavors. I'll post about them here if this thread takes off.
Are all the juices mentioned made with B-acid?
Do you notice a difference in; flavour/performance/throat hit, when using salts created with other acids?
What type of device do you use and how do you vape? Pod/MTL tank/SMOK product? MTL, DTL? Low wattage? Clouds Bro?

As I DIY, you just spent my entire 2019 juice budget (and most of 2020) on 8 bottles.
Have you considered a journey down the old DIY road?
How long had you smoked and how many per day?
How many ML of juice do you use on a average day?

Cheers
I

MetalSteve

Mar 10, 2019
@Izan this isn't the sort of discussion I hoped to have here. But since you asked:

Are all the juices mentioned made with B-acid?
Do you notice a difference in; flavour/performance/throat hit, when using salts created with other acids?

I don't know. My e liquid bottles don't specify this.

What type of device do you use and how do you vape? Pod/MTL tank/SMOK product? MTL, DTL? Low wattage? Clouds Bro

I mtl with low wattage devices. I use the Zero, Nautilus AIO, and Nautilus 2. I usually use them at 10-14w.

As I DIY, you just spent my entire 2019 juice budget (and most of 2020) on 8 bottles.
Have you considered a journey down the old DIY road?

Cool. I've been vaping about 4 1/2 months now. I know people DIY but I'm not really interested in that just yet. I'm fine with my current newbie status and am content with my progress quitting smoking. Even with the cost of commercial salt liquids, I'm spending less than I was on cigs (and I smoked RYO).

How long had you smoked and how many per day?

I smoked for about 25 years (I started very young). For the past several years I was smoking about 30 unfiltered RYO cigs a day.

How many ML of juice do you use on a average day?

About 3. I'm of the belief that, as a new ex-smoker, staying off cigs is my main goal. A few ml of high nic salt liquid a day is helping me do this.

Anyone want to discuss salt liquids they've tried?

Vicman

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2014
Chicago
I use a few nic salts. Not that I want to but, it seems most liquid companies stop at 6mg and I vape at 18mg. To get something that satisfies me, I use 25mg nic salts. BTW, I DIY most of the time but have started buying again recently just to change it up and maybe get my creative side going trying to find something different.

VGOD Cubano, Cubano Black, and Cubano Silver are real nice cigar like vapes. One has honey, one has vanilla, and one has brown sugar and all have a creamy quality to them. I forget which is which, I just like them as they are good cigar style vapes.

Naked 100 Brain Freeze. Menthol and strawberry. Pretty strong and satisfies the menthol itch.

Naked 100 Very Cool. Just a strong Menthol.

I Like Salts Classic Menthol. A strong and somewhat sweet menthol.

Like I said, i normally make my own but I really like these for a change up every once in a while. Other than that, have been using Fivepawns tobaccos as I've grown to like those and they offer them at 18mg.

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2019
Loved saltz:
VCT,: ripe vapes
Don juan Reserve by kingcrest
Sad boy Tear drops: all 3 flavas!

never again:
Drip more strawberry candy
Watermelon strawberry candy

All time hardware:
MTL pods: tesla Tpod & Sourin Drop
MTL Setups: daily: Asmodus colossal 80W + ammit mtl RTA, this rebuildable has changed my salt consumtion, experience and the most important thing, nic addiction

Actualy noticed that Salt on temp control is so soft, so peaceful, i like a lot the draws under tempcontrol, also the fact there is zero dry hits, and consumption is even lower, using it every day i spent like 5/7ml per week, pods take 2-4ml per week,

the bad thing: Don juan reserve is a coil killer, but totally worth !

Regards,

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
The Ammit is a nice tank fairly restricted MTL hit. I like mine.

Others that are standouts the doggystyle which you have to get from China, clones only I am afraid. It will be the best 12 dollars you have spent lately, though.

I am partial to the Cthulu mini as MTL tank, and I also enjoy the Siren V2 (it has an airier draw but a very easy build desk. One of my favorite tanks and a good one provided a slightly more airy draw is for you. Wash it thoroughly it comes coated in machine oil and that taste is... Not good. I mean wash them all but EMPHATICALLY the Siren V2.)

Hmm. The nature's true tank cannot be beat for straight up MTL vaping the flavor is amazing. Build can be a bit tricky at first but if I can build it... Most folks can.)

Good luck!

Anna

MetalSteve

Mar 10, 2019

Others that are standouts the doggystyle which you have to get from China, clones only I am afraid. It will be the best 12 dollars you have spent lately, though.

I am partial to the Cthulu mini as MTL tank, and I also enjoy the Siren V2 (it has an airier draw but a very easy build desk. One of my favorite tanks and a good one provided a slightly more airy draw is for you. Wash it thoroughly it comes coated in machine oil and that taste is... Not good. I mean wash them all but EMPHATICALLY the Siren V2.)

Hmm. The nature's true tank cannot be beat for straight up MTL vaping the flavor is amazing. Build can be a bit tricky at first but if I can build it... Most folks can.)

Good luck!

Anna

Wow! Thanks for all this! I'll have to come back to these recommendations when I seriously start thinking about building.

In the meantime, I've got Ripe Vapes VCT in the Nautilus 2 (1.6 ohm) while I'm working this evening and it's awesome.

Reactions: stols001

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2019
Awesome! I just ordered Key Lime Cookie and Custard Cookie. I'm excited to try them.

lime cookie is amazing, im finishing strawberry one, just got the last VCT bottle of mny provider, im done with salts for another 3months, 3 new bottles!

I've found myself thinking about getting into rebuildable mtl tanks lately. How do you like the Ammit?

Ammit mtl is amazing, pretty restrictive, also well designed and quality made indeed, is also leak proof and have a smooth airflow selector, so far the unique thing i dont like is that wick gets dark pretty soon, but the flavor makes it amazing, is a great tank to have in your stock, mine is SS, i like SS units, nothing to wonder, for example if juice make spots on paint or also scratches, the rainbow one looks like clone or cheap copy, beware of the connection pin, is adjustable, sadly i lost mine and did a get mod with a regular mini screw,

Good luck!

Anna
i like siren V2, gotta try that famous Doggystyle clone... have seen plenty people talking about it,

Regards,

MetalSteve

Mar 10, 2019
Sadboy Tear Drops Key Lime Cookie (48 mg) and a fresh 1.8ohm BVC. Amazing.
20190621_001149.jpg

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
The kind of discussion you’d prefer not to have is often one that needs to be had when dealing with protonated nic though. The issue is “salt” is a marketing misnomer. There are many kinds of protonated nic, and unlike with unprotonated nic, no one apparently knows what any of them do long term because the company that invented them is either not releasing or, more disturbingly, deliberately avoided doing any research on the subject.

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
The kind of discussion you’d prefer not to have is often one that needs to be had when dealing with protonated nic though. The issue is “salt” is a marketing misnomer. There are many kinds of protonated nic, and unlike with unprotonated nic, no one apparently knows what any of them do long term because the company that invented them is either not releasing or, more disturbingly, deliberately avoided doing any research on the subject.

And what exactly is preventing an independent lab from exploring your conspiracy theory?

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
the company that invented them
The tobacco plant invented them. Just about all the nicotine in tobacco is protonated. Heck BT took all sorts of flak for adding ammonia to its cigs on order to free-base a small percentage of the nicotine in them.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
And what exactly is preventing an independent lab from exploring your conspiracy theory?
This word “conspiracy theory”. I don’t think it means what you think it means.

Conspiracy theory - Wikipedia

Certainly not “some random accusation of falsehood” which is the way you seem to be using it.

What is to stop them? Nothing at all that I know of.
Such things take time and money of course.
It probably will be done by someone some day. I would very much like to see it done. It really should have been done before the product was even introduced. I don’t know why it wasn’t, which is what makes me wonder if perhaps it was.
It’s possible there are at least a few protonated nicotine’s that are harmless.
The original maker doing such things are assumed in this society. There so far has been no indication that they did though. A lot of people seem to behave as if the research was done though. So far as I can tell it hasn’t been.

As such it’s not a conspiracy theory. That would require both more than one group (there is only one, JUUL) and it would require a secret action. So far as I can tell there hasn’t been any action. They just didn’t look. There really isn’t any data that I can find. I would be most pleased to be proved wrong.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
The tobacco plant invented them. Just about all the nicotine in tobacco is protonated. Heck BT took all sorts of flak for adding ammonia to its cigs on order to free-base a small percentage of the nicotine in them.

You used this argument once before. It didn’t work then either.

By that logic The willow tree invented aspirin. Except it didn’t really. The amount of salycilic acid in willow bark is small and combined with other compounds. Some aspirin like effects can be gotten from chewing huge amounts of willow bark, but they don’t compare to that of a single aspirin. It’s a whole different level of effect.

Also, cigarettes? Not all that good for you.

MetalSteve

Mar 10, 2019
It probably will be done by someone some day. I would very much like to see it done. It really should have been done before the product was even introduced. I don’t know why it wasn’t, which is what makes me wonder if perhaps it was.
It’s possible there are at least a few protonated nicotine’s that are harmless.
The original maker doing such things are assumed in this society. There so far has been no indication that they did though. A lot of people seem to behave as if the research was done though. So far as I can tell it hasn’t been.

I'm no expert. What are you talking about, specifically? Is there an article you can share with us? Are there varieties of nic salt liquids you would recommend?

Speaking of the topic of this thread, I'm enjoying Solace Banana Dragonberry (45 mg) in my Nautilus AIO and Pacha Mama Sorbet (50 mg) in my Renova Zero this evening. Both are fruity, creamy, and delicious and I fully expect them to kill my coils.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread