The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

eBaron Dripper Pro

Discussion in 'ProVari' started by nj1001, Nov 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. kas122461

kas122461 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jun 15, 2013
    Indiana, USA
    I just never understood what the term drip was meaning, I have never used one before. This is going on my wish list, it just looks perfect.

2. chadsmo

chadsmo Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 16, 2013
    BC Canada
    Yeah it really does just mean dripping your juice in. Generally the eBDP holds about 20 (so a little less than a ML) on your first 'fill'. I like the taste and the vape you get when it's topped up so I usually about 4 drops after every 15-20 vapes or so. Sometimes you get a tiny bit gurgling if you over drip but it will go away pretty quickly. Mine is on my Provari so often that I actually think the Provari looks weird without it , even in pictures on the forums lol.

3. Kataphraktos

Kataphraktos Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 1, 2013
    New York, NY
    I've been using a Kayfun 3.1 ES the last few days, and while vapor production is similar to the eBDP, the flavor is a step up - granted, from awesome to ridiculous. I've put some thought into why this is the case, as I am using the same resistance, the same Ekowool 2mm and Kanthal 32g, and the chamber is a similar size on both. I have come down to two possibilities:

1. While the eBDP can be used with resistance wire alone, Leo does state it is optimized in an R/NR configuration. The wire in the Kayfun has no legs to speak of, so it is all coil. In the eBDP, a resistance-only wire means part of the wire that is heating up is producing no vapor.

2. I am using the defualt drip tip on the Kayfun, which is very narrow. My drip tips on my other devices are normal" width. I wonder if the narrow hole enhances flavor.

I'll be mucking around with R/NR on the eBDP, see if that changes things.

4. eratikmind

eratikmind Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

I use a NR-R-NR wire assembly on my eBDP. I have a Kayfun Lite coming my way. It will be interesting comparing the 2.

- Andy

5. chadsmo

Feb 16, 2013
    BC Canada
    I tired to set it up without the NR wire once just to see what difference it made. I instantly took the coil out and made a real one.

6. Kataphraktos

May 1, 2013
    New York, NY
    Good thing I ordered about a mile of 0.999 silver thread, then!

7. professeur

professeur Full Member Verified Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Athens, Greece
    I had a conversation with Leo a few days ago (living in Greece nowadays have 1-2 positive and a thousand negative points...) and at this matter he told me that tha N-R-N setup is critical and necessary. For two main reasons.

1) with N-R-N you dont get this "metallic" taste.
    2) without N you cannot estimate exactly the total resistance arround the wick. You will see e.g. 1.9 and it will be 1.6.

8. professeur

professeur Full Member Verified Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Athens, Greece
    I dont like the hot steam. With the dripper this was my only complain. I solve it easily. I've tried SS and plexyglass. SS is getting really hot after only 2-3 vapes. Plexyglass has a better behavior. Today i tried a long drip tip from Siam mods from Delrin. It works really good. The steam is really cool and smooth. The optical result is a little bot ugly ofcourse but if anyone wants a cooler vape its a good way to go.

If you find anything long drip trip from Delrin (or Murano glass which is also said as "cool" but has problem at dripping because it needs an adapter to work), give a try i you need cool vape.

The ugly combination:

[​IMG]

9. Kataphraktos

May 1, 2013
    New York, NY
    I just picked up a long-neck SS from Super -T in the Classifieds for this same reason. it is 5.5cm long.

10. Kataphraktos

May 1, 2013
    New York, NY
    I wasn't getting a metallic taste, just not the kind of performance one expects from a top-shelf dripper.

I just built my first R/NR wire. It looks like something Smeagol dreamt up. But even with this first attempt, I am getting similar performance to my Kayfun, and more vapor.

I will be buying a device to make the joining easier, this twisting stuff ain't for me.

11. Flying Mystic

Flying Mystic Full Member Verified Member

May 27, 2011
    Atlanta
    What device are you using to make the joining easier?
    I'm having the hardest time getting a good coil built.

12. Kataphraktos

May 1, 2013
    New York, NY
    I actually lucked out and just bought a Zapper in the Classifieds, should be here in a day or two. As I understand, the Zapper works for Nickel NR but not really well for silver NR.

The one NR/R coil I built looked ugly but worked very well. It took a while, but i got it on the first try.

13. chadsmo

Feb 16, 2013
    BC Canada
    I'm by no means an expert here , but i think my method works really well. If I can figure out how to record a decent close up video with my iPhone at some point ill do that , or I'll just try to type something really clear and concise out.

14. eratikmind

eratikmind Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

15. chadsmo

Feb 16, 2013
    BC Canada
    While I can appreciate reusing them it takes about 5 minutes and a few pennies worth of material to just make a new one.

16. Mr.Mann

Mr.Mann ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 30, 2011
    All over the place
    Did 405 ever get there's in?

17. FL0OD

FL0OD Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 27, 2009
    Tulsa, OK
    If you don't see them on the site I would call the store. They seem to have stuff at the store level that isn't on, or hasn't been, updated on their site.

18. Mr.Mann

Supporting member
    Dec 30, 2011
    All over the place
    I had called them (and emailed them, but no reply to the email) and they seemed rather less than excited to have to answer one more call about the eBDP. That was some time ago, but they were adamant in saying "check the site!" They said stuff was caught up in customs, but that was in April. In as much as I would've liked to have ordered something from them (at some point), I still have a nasty taste in my mouth from that call. However, I can only imagine how many calls they get about the same thing.

19. FL0OD

FL0OD Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 27, 2009
    Tulsa, OK
    Hate to say I had a similar experience with them. I guess it's one of those don't put stuff on your website you can't keep in stock. A lot of folks have complained about them never having certain things advertised on their site. I had been in their location in OKC a couple of weeks back and they did have a lot of things that they didn't have on their website. Which I thought was strange. Why would you not have your online store stocked with the product you have in your store is beyond me unless you just don't care about your online business. They still have tube mods on their site that I don't think are even made. You can always try Greek Vapes overseas. I have purchased stuff from them and had great customer service and it did take a little while to get my stuff but from Greece to Oklahoma is a trip. Packaged great. Great customer service. Just a thought.

20. Mr.Mann

Supporting member
    Dec 30, 2011
    All over the place
    ^^^^I think you posted in the wrong thread. ^^^^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.