Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Hate to say I had a similar experience with them. I guess it's one of those don't put stuff on your website you can't keep in stock. A lot of folks have complained about them never having certain things advertised on their site. I had been in their location in OKC a couple of weeks back and they did have a lot of things that they didn't have on their website. Which I thought was strange. Why would you not have your online store stocked with the product you have in your store is beyond me unless you just don't care about your online business. They still have tube mods on their site that I don't think are even made. You can always try Greek Vapes overseas. I have purchased stuff from them and had great customer service and it did take a little while to get my stuff but from Greece to Oklahoma is a trip. Packaged great. Great customer service. Just a thought.

Yeah, I got my two (I sold one) eBDPs from Greekvapes and they were completely attentive to me. I just wished I could've purchased from a store here. But hey, a good place to shop is a good place to shop (irrespective of location).

I just got my ebaron dripper pro this afternoon. It sat in the NY processing center for 3 weeks (ugh). I love this thing already even after only 30 minutes with it. I saw someone earlier in this thread complain that theirs was leaking. When I put the first few drops in (with the pre-installed coil) it started leaking out the bottom pretty badly. I took it apart and noticed that it had not been put in correctly. After re-seating the cup, it is not leaking anymore. So, for those who have had a problem using it initially, I would try taking it apart and checking to make sure it was seated correctly the first time. Now all I need is a Kayfun and a second Provari and I'll be set for life.

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana
I bought the eBDP recently and am loving it! I would really like to learn to build my own coils for it soooo...I sat here tonight and read through every page of this thread. I have questions! I now know I need non resistance wire and 2mm silica wick. 28 kanthal correct? Where does one purchase these supplies? I read that R-NR-R works best but I am brand spanking new to this so can I start out building coils with just non resistance wire and still be successful? Is the combo build absolutely necessary? Now I'm wondering if the coils that I purchased from House of Mods are simply non resistance coils or are they the combo of R and NR?

I've got 6 ceramic cups so I'm good to go there I just need to buy wire and silica but have no idea what I'm doing. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Are there any popular vendor websites that members here prefer for these particular products? Any suggestions would be much appreciated!:)

WhiteHighlights

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
MetroWest Boston, MA, USA
I'm in the same boat, getting ready to build coils, but a few things I've learned might help you.. The NR is for the leads, you need R for the coil itself. I'm not ready to try making the connection, so I was happy to see this link in another thread with premade wires: Kanthal Ready Wires

To cheat even more, I found this link on one of the reviews for the EBP - all set up with wick & wire: Rebuildable Atomizer Coils With Non-Resistance Leads - Avid Vaper

Last edited:

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana
WhiteHighlights thank you! I literally began reading up on this last night so thank you for sharing your research! I wasn't sure what I was reading in regards to the NR wires...if it was being used alone at times or always in combo with R. So you cleared that up for me. And now I see it's not so easy lol! I'm definitely interested in learning this though. I like the eBaron so much I think I'm going to get another and building my own coils would save a ton on $$ in the long run. I've got a lot to learn though!

darkgear

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Islands in the middle of the sea
WhiteHighlights thank you! I literally began reading up on this last night so thank you for sharing your research! I wasn't sure what I was reading in regards to the NR wires...if it was being used alone at times or always in combo with R. So you cleared that up for me. And now I see it's not so easy lol! I'm definitely interested in learning this though. I like the eBaron so much I think I'm going to get another and building my own coils would save a ton on $$ in the long run. I've got a lot to learn though!

Stick with it. It'll be worth it. Building new coil/wicks for these are pretty easy. You only have to do it a couple times and you'll be an expert :) The serendipity is the same build works for the Sophia ;)

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
Darkgear, I think I am going to place a order soon for the dripper, and the sophia, did you buy ready made wires for yours? or did you get a zapper, to join the wires your self. That's the route that I think I will do in the long run. I have been wanting the dripper for about 3 months.
Here is a link, for the one I am considering.

Zappers

darkgear

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Darkgear, I think I am going to place a order soon for the dripper, and the sophia, did you buy ready made wires for yours? or did you get a zapper, to join the wires your self. That's the route that I think I will do in the long run. I have been wanting the dripper for about 3 months.
Here is a link, for the one I am considering.

Zappers

I've tried using just plain Kanthal and also use ready made R-NR from Stomy's. I haven't yet considered buying a zapper and making my own since the 50 are only $10. With 2 Dripper Pros and 2 Sophias in constant use I've only gone through 5 coils. None of them had to be changed, I just wanted to play with silica vs ekowool vs nextel(xc-116). I think the 50 I got will last me a year.

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
What ohm pre-made ones did you get? If they last that long, then I can hold off on the zapper for a while, but I like the idea of making them my self, mabe I just want to zap something. :)

I've tried using just plain Kanthal and also use ready made R-NR from Stomy's. I haven't yet considered buying a zapper and making my own since the 50 are only $10. With 2 Dripper Pros and 2 Sophias in constant use I've only gone through 5 coils. None of them had to be changed, I just wanted to play with silica vs ekowool vs nextel(xc-116). I think the 50 I got will last me a year.

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana
darkgear did you order the Ekowool Silica Cord from Stormy's along with the premade wires? I want to order this stuff Friday and want to make sure I'm ordering the right things. This is what I'm looking at ordering...

Ekowool Silica cord

I did noticed on the product review section for the Ekowool people are saying the 2.0mm is to thick and 2.0mm is recommended for the eBaron, so it sounds like the 1.5mm would be best.

darkgear

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
darkgear did you order the Ekowool Silica Cord from Stormy's along with the premade wires? I want to order this stuff Friday and want to make sure I'm ordering the right things. This is what I'm looking at ordering...

Ekowool Silica cord

I did noticed on the product review section for the Ekowool people are saying the 2.0mm is to thick and 2.0mm is recommended for the eBaron, so it sounds like the 1.5mm would be best.

Yes, I did order the 1.5mm Ekowool from them and it works great!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread