ECF - Heading towards 10 million! Prizes.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoriP1702

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Good luck, everybody !
:party::w00t::party::rickroll::rickroll::rickroll::party::w00t::party:

confetti.gif
confetti.gif
confetti.gif

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
confetti.gif
confetti.gif

confetti.gif

:party::w00t::party::rickroll::rickroll::rickroll::party::w00t::party:

paise

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2009
You & me both!

I'd most likely buy one of those larger bottles of nicotine to make sure I had it considering the FDA thinks this is their business to .... into when it's not b/c it's not like e-cigs are made to shove up your nose with ....... in it! It doesn't claim to be a cessation device although I've known several people who have actually quit smoking with the nicotine but they order the ZERO nicotine flavors and keep using their e-cigs b/c it's a psychological thing; I'm sure many who quit without something to replace that hand to mouth repitition would turn to food and then they would use food in place of the cigarettes. It's not out of the realm of possible b/c it's happened when smokers quit, they gain weight b/c they use food as a substitute and not all of us can afford to hit the gym whenever we want or even hit the gym at all!

If the members of the FDA would kick Big tobacco to the curb then open their eyes, they would realize these are not without some problems with health but it's on taste with caffeine although it's nicotine but it also doesn't have all the tar & crap (4000+ ingredients of crap) that causes cancer and E-cigs don't do that.

So, I'd definitely want to get a large bottle just in case and perhaps I can find someone to mix my e-liquids if I sent them what they needed in nicotine or they could tell me what to add in nicotine. I'm pretty sure I could get my hands on a centrifuge or other similar machine to mix it well if it doesn't mix well by hand (my hands are arthritic, painful, and tightly swollen right now. I couldn't even mix a Dirty Martini if I had the ingredients at all (all out except I do have olives but I don't have vermouth or gin)

paise

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2009
If you find yourself slipping back to analogs, I found a way to prevent it. At first, it was something I tried then when it worked, I kept trying to see if I had the same response and did.

All you need to do is buy a bottle of nicotine liquid & the dropper top. I order mine from My Freedom Smokes, especially after learning that a lot of companies online order their nicotine liquid from MFS & sell it under the MFS Brand Name b/c it's pure & made here in the USA.

You will also need (2) drip bottles, which i what most people carry w/them throughout the day or night; basically, they have a drip bottle with them all the time. I recommend keeping 2 b/c your 2nd bottle needs to be marked even if it's nothing more than wrapping a small rubber band under the neck of a 6ml bottle (5-pk of 6ml bottles) that last a LONG TIME and only cost $2.45.

It will take a bit of trial and error but if you smoked a lot, as in 1-1/2 to 2pks a day depending on the day, the cravings will hit when you first wake up or are about to go to bed, with meals, when going out for alcoholic drinks with friends or co-workers, & chain-smoking when under stress, angry, or bored. --- to curb these cravings, add a drop or 2 to the marked bottle w/the rubber band. If the 1 to 2 drops doesn't work, add 3 drops or even 4 drops but no higher. Make certain the bottle is shaken well so the added nicotine is properly mixed.

NICOTINE INGESTION IS DEADLY & ABSORBS INTO THE SKIN SO USE GLOVES WHEN HANDLING
LOCK AWAY FROM CHILDREN WHEN USING DROPPER TOPS VS CHILD-PROOF TOPS

I used this method and still do when I need it, to prevent me from slipping back to analog cigarettes. I quite literally quit analog cigarettes cold turkey & went straight to electronic cigarettes on July 7th, 2009! I've not slipped once since. I have also told others about this manner of controlling their cravings when they hit, which I always called, 'nic-fits' and it stops the 'nic-fit' cravings for an analog cigarette for everyone I shared this with and it's worked for everyone who put it into place. Perhaps it can do the same for you if you ever find yourself in a 'nic-fit' craving spell although I hope this never happens & you never need it.

Congratulations on your 83 Days! Is it just me or do you feel as if we deserve some type of coin medallion such as people in AA and NA receive when they reach their 6mos, 1 year, 2 year, 10 year of being alcohol or substance abuse free?
:laugh:

I'm at 83 days of being analog free- soooo being the 10mi post sounds good.

Galactic Stone

Moved On
Aug 8, 2013
It should be easy to spot the winner. Look at the URL of every post in your browser's address bar. At the end of every URL there is a post with the post number assigned by the software - this is true in most web-based discussion forum software.

The mods or admins can do that quicker because they have access to tools that can sort posts. But anyone with the patience could search through the recent posts' URLs and find the winner.

Best regards,

MikeG

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
It should be easy to spot the winner. Look at the URL of every post in your browser's address bar. At the end of every URL there is a post with the post number assigned by the software - this is true in most web-based discussion forum software.

The mods or admins can do that quicker because they have access to tools that can sort posts. But anyone with the patience could search through the recent posts' URLs and find the winner.

Best regards,

MikeG

Here is the Number from your Post: 10,732,802

Roughly 732,802 Posts in the Longue and the OUTSIDE? Sounds Reasonable.

Galactic Stone

Moved On
Aug 8, 2013
I have no idea really, just making a guess based on other forum software I have used. Knowing post numbers made it easier to cut/paste links to other posts. Usually each individual reply or post would have a unique ID# (usually sequential by default) that can be used to reference that particular reply/post. That ID number is often embedded in the URL for that particular reply/post.

I notice that this entire thread page is numbered as #10,732,802

And there is another set of numbers on the page content of each reply in a thread. My last one shows #3177

There are also other numbers in the URL, but none appear to closely match a unique thread ID#.

Odd, this software is doing one of two things - not using those unique IDs for each reply, or it is obfuscating the ID# to make it more difficult to parse manually - that makes the whole system a little safer from unauthorized manipulation of posts.

:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread