Status
Not open for further replies.

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
Well, I had my first successful refill using my own drip tip.

1. If you apply a bit of downward force when you close the juice flow control it seems to close just a bit more snug. This is not needed with the default drip tip, or if your drip tip comes with a kung fu grip.

2. There was a very small bit of cotton in the threads where the chimney screws down to the deck, and that may have required more force to be applied than was necessary. I redid the wicking and made sure no cotton stuck out past the deck this time.

One the other, or both just happy one small problem seems to be overcome. This thing has some good flavor, I'll give it that.
M2L???

RabbiXX

Verified Member
Jul 9, 2016
California

Seems fine to me and you can make the airflow more restrictive than I care for. The AFC is pretty versitle and easy to fine toon.

I'm not someone who is exactly looking for the best MTL experience though, so not sure if I'm the best judge of that feature.

Last edited:

soulseek

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
London, UK
I wanted this until the $175 sticker shock slapped up side the face....my kayfun v5 was my last expensive purchase when I realised the $21 clone vapes exactly the same as the one I got from svoemesto actually I prefer the sjmy clone as the tank spins more smoothly then the authentic. I fell for the same .... with the no pity from noname. My authentic from vapinart actually had a janky afc where the metal had broken between one of the holes my nopity clone from 3fvape vapes exactly the same had nicer machining and came with the cloud cap for and was $17 compared to $146 after shipping sigh.... I want to support these authentics but I just can't afford it 8(

Unfortunately this is the state of things. Many times you pay a premium for a product designed and manufactured in the US/EU and you get something inferior than something coming out of China at a tenth of the price.

However, there are many items coming out of China that are faulty/useless, even when they might have great reviews. There are signs that the industry has matured, as you see very good devices that are designed in the West and manufactured in China.

Reactions: Sed8op8

mindriot

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Dundee, Scotland
Looks like Spa Vapes are out and the Eden site is closed down while they deal with orders. Anyone have a shipping notice in the UK yet??
No :( not yet

Edit: it seems that at some point today my order was sent as it does have a tracking number if I go to the order page, but I did not get an email about it (and it is not in my junk folder)

Last edited:

Yonjuro

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2015
Western Australia
expect a stumpy kit and possibly a different base at some point ;)

Interesting - it seems reasonably stumpy as is. Have you heard something about the new deck, or reason for it? :)

Well, I had my first successful refill using my own drip tip.

1. If you apply a bit of downward force when you close the juice flow control it seems to close just a bit more snug. This is not needed with the default drip tip, or if your drip tip comes with a kung fu grip.

2. There was a very small bit of cotton in the threads where the chimney screws down to the deck, and that may have required more force to be applied than was necessary. I redid the wicking and made sure no cotton stuck out past the deck this time.

One the other, or both just happy one small problem seems to be overcome. This thing has some good flavor, I'll give it that.

Great, you have some cool drip tips so hopefully you found a nice one to use? Mine should arrive on Friday so will be interested as to whether any of mine work? I have a couple of Forty Four tips that would look great on it.

Yonjuro

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2015
Western Australia
No :( not yet

Edit: it seems that at some point today my order was sent as it does have a tracking number if I go to the order page, but I did not get an email about it (and it is not in my junk folder)

I belive ifancyone has them in stock??

Edit, I misread post...you did get one from Spa :)

mindriot

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Dundee, Scotland
I belive ifancyone has them in stock??

Edit, I misread post...you did get one from Spa :)
Ah ok cool, was half way through a reply lol ;) It does look like they have them though which could be handy for someone else before their site gets bombed out with orders.

Reactions: Yonjuro

Yonjuro

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2015
Western Australia
Ah ok cool, was half way through a reply lol ;) It does look like they have them though which could be handy for someone else before their site gets bombed out with orders.

yeah haha I think it was @TheotherSteveS 's comment you were replying to that I was addressing LOL - but he probably has one ordered too :p

Reactions: mindriot

RabbiXX

Verified Member
Jul 9, 2016
California
Rose 3 on my tube mod...

ypTHJjw.jpg

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
Interesting - it seems reasonably stumpy as is. Have you heard something about the new deck, or reason for it? :)

Great, you have some cool drip tips so hopefully you found a nice one to use? Mine should arrive on Friday so will be interested as to whether any of mine work? I have a couple of Forty Four tips that would look great on it.

The stumpy is speculation on my part but I did hear that soneone from Eden (Lee I think) hinted that a different deck might be offered with different AF characteristics. I guess we will see!!

ernieball

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2016
The stumpy is speculation on my part but I did hear that soneone from Eden (Lee I think) hinted that a different deck might be offered with different AF characteristics. I guess we will see!!
If you go to Damien's review on it, which is the only review up right now I believe, you'll see that someone was complaining that there isn't enough airflow, then one of the designers of the product mentioned/hinted at a possible different deck for the future. Most likely with a bigger airflow center hole and larger juice channels to accommodate that style, even though it seems to be leaning in that direction already. If not, heck, maybe they would cater to the mtl vapers that were their main consumers in the first place. Either way, this new one looks great. And if they did make bigger juice channels for this airflow they now have, well that would just be the tops.

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
If you go to Damien's review on it, which is the only review up right now I believe, you'll see that someone was complaining that there isn't enough airflow, then one of the designers of the product mentioned/hinted at a possible different deck for the future. Most likely with a bigger airflow center hole and larger juice channels to accommodate that style, even though it seems to be leaning in that direction already....
yep. That's it. Knew I'd seen it somewhere!!

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
Anybody here got a shipping notification from Spa Vapes?

I'm still waiting on mine, I did order already on saturday afternoon, soon after the release..

Mine just arrived from Vapour-Z. Ordered on Sunday. Maybe drop Spa Vapes a quick message to check out status?

Reactions: RabbiXX
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread