Status
Not open for further replies.

snork

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2011
CO
Of course the completist in me wants one but I'll have to pass this time, a conservation period. The forthcoming stumpy conversion kit might be tempting but I'm somewhat disappointed it won't come with a steel tank section but rather two plastic ones, due to possible stainless finish differences between the kit and the existing unit. I like all metal so I'll probably happily continue using my two full versions.

Ragnar94

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2016
Of course the completist in me wants one but I'll have to pass this time, a conservation period. The forthcoming stumpy conversion kit might be tempting but I'm somewhat disappointed it won't come with a steel tank section but rather two plastic ones, due to possible stainless finish differences between the kit and the existing unit. I like all metal so I'll probably happily continue using my two full versions.
nah it comes with a steel tank section I'm pretty sure, Eden Mods Rose 3 TPD Edition

Ragnar94

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2016
oh you mean a SS tank for the stumpy kit, sorry

Reactions: snork

Chodi

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2016
Having written several glowing comments on the forum about other rta's that I own I feel obligated to be the only negative poster in this thread. I got the Rose 3 a few days ago as I have a large collection and it seemed worth adding. From the reviews and the postings I was expecting something special. I am not nearly as impressed as many on this thread. The flavor is on par with something like my kayfun 5 or my Hurricane. I see no leap there. The top fill port is so small that it requires a special super small tip or a syringe not very user friendly. I first put in clapton build and I found that the Rose 3 gets very hot (yes I chain vape). I find that if you leave the AF wide open it mutes the flavor. This is not an rta for producing clouds (I knew that going in). The AF is more suited for a modified mtl. I learned that you have to use a lot of cotton to prevent leaking. More than on most rta's. I changed the build to a standard kanthal micro coil at about 1.2 ohm and it seems happier.

In all it is a solid rta for those who want a very restricted lung hit. It is not really great for mtl but that is not really my thing anyway. Of the single coil rta's that I own this is not going to replace my Hurricane or Kayfun in the line up. It is also probably the most over-complicated build I have (lots of parts). Far more so than any other single coil rta I own.

This is a hobby for me so I am not upset about the expense. I was just expecting more.

enrico.me2

Apr 8, 2017
Not on FB, but a bud sent me a screenshot of a new Eden Mods atty due out soon - (probably vapefest UK, which means August). Not a Rose 3 but an 'as-yet-unnamed' sub-tank which takes Atlantis coils. Eden aren't making an rba themselves - you'll have to buy and use an Atlantis compatible version. (Huh ?)

TPD making itself felt - guess it'll be 2ml capacity.
Anyone got any further info ?

Screenshot_17_04_2017__13_39.jpg

Reactions: snork

Chodi

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2016
I just cant seem to cut the coil legs to the right length when setting a new coil….it will either be too high or too low.

Waste a lot of coils this way.

Any particular length I should measure?

Before cutting hold the coil on the outer edge of the build platform with the legs up against the mounting screw hole. You can then easily see the height to cut using the position of the screw holes as the depth of the mounting slots. You can do this for one leg then cut the other to match. That is how I do it.

Caprilli

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hi Guys, I would love some help please. I am pretty new to RTA's so I am sorry if it is something obvious but me new Rose 3 TPD arrived and after some fiddling, I finally managed to screw the legs in properly.

I shut down the liquid control and filled her up. I then started to play with the liquid control and the air flow to get both set up right for me and my juice but every single time I play with the air flow after opening the chimney, she leaks and not just a little bit. Can I not adjust the air flow without first shutting down the liquid control?

Chodi

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2016
Hi Guys, I would love some help please. I am pretty new to RTA's so I am sorry if it is something obvious but me new Rose 3 TPD arrived and after some fiddling, I finally managed to screw the legs in properly.

I shut down the liquid control and filled her up. I then started to play with the liquid control and the air flow to get both set up right for me and my juice but every single time I play with the air flow after opening the chimney, she leaks and not just a little bit. Can I not adjust the air flow without first shutting down the liquid control?
When you place the cotton you must be sure that you cover the wicking ports (cutouts) on both sides so that it completely covers them without leaving any cotton on the outside. If you don't then juice can just work it's way in. When you open the juice flow it only requires less than one full turn to open properly. More than that and you will get massive leaking. You cannot see the opening so you must make half turn of the drip tip then open a little more at a time until it feels right (look for bubbles). No more than one full turn should do it. Your air flow has nothing to do with it. I leave my afc open every time I fill and no problem. Mine is not the TPD there may be some difference but I doubt it.

snork

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2011
CO
When you place the cotton you must be sure that you cover the wicking ports (cutouts) on both sides so that it completely covers them without leaving any cotton on the outside. If you don't then juice can just work it's way in. When you open the juice flow it only requires less than one full turn to open properly. More than that and you will get massive leaking. You cannot see the opening so you must make half turn of the drip tip then open a little more at a time until it feels right (look for bubbles). No more than one full turn should do it. Your air flow has nothing to do with it. I leave my afc open every time I fill and no problem. Mine is not the TPD there may be some difference but I doubt it.
I second this. A goodly amount of fluffy stuff completely filling the ports top to bottom and side to side cut completely flush with outside of the ports.
I never have massive leaking with mine under any circumstances. I infrequently do get a slight gurgle when I forget and leave the juice control stupid open.

Reactions: Caprilli

Caprilli

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Thank you so much for your replies. It turned out that I was unable to screw the bottom part in tightly enough. Whilst everything was set up correctly, each time I screwed the Rose onto the mod, everything moved.

I had also posted my questions to the Eden Mods Facebook site and somebody suggested leaving the coil tool in the coil, holding the wicking holes in place whilst attaching the bottom cap. That gave me enough leverage and I have been happily vaping since then.

Last edited:

excalibur-x

ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Is it possible to buy original air restrictor for Rose 3?

I got little spoiled with Spica and 2mm restrictor so today I wrapped 26/30 SS clapton around 2mm rod and somehow stashed in to the 3.5mm air hole. With 28gauge SS316 2.5mm ID 8 wraps Rose 3 tastes incredible on 1 hole, if I close her completely it becomes a really good MTL tank with great taste and super throat hit. Only problem is that when I open AF completely it's little loud. Probably because airflow gets little turbulent when passing trough clapton restrictor.

I'm guessing with proper smooth peek or metal restrictor Rose will again be quiet.

Last edited:

jeanyang2017

Multiple ID Suspension
Jun 7, 2017
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Multiple ID Company
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread