Eeek. Total Newb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

juskiddin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2015
Canada
Hi @Waxxiii and welcome to the ECF Forums. I am SO happy that we have @Susan~S with her wonderful bank of links for new vapers! Thank you Susan, you are AWESOME!

tanks are often, by nature, problematic. They are very convenient and hold a lot of juice so once you go through all the trouble of making sure your coil is good, and the tank is full, you are usually set for the day (or many hours anyway). My first advice for vapers though, is to have backups for your backups. Extra batteries, an extra mod, and an extra tank or two all ready to go. Sometimes difficulties strike at VERY inconvenient times, and it is VERY nice to just grab a different battery or tank and deal with the issue when it is more convenient for you.

The tough thing about vaping vs. smoking is you can't just pop into any gas station and get your "fix", although that situation is improving quickly. So get yourself spares, and have em ready to take over for your fallen soldiers! :)

Good luck dear, we've ALL been in your shoes, so no question or problem is too small to ask or have addressed!

^^^^Good advice! :)

Waxxiii

Jan 13, 2016
Thanks tons for your advice everyone.

Can I ask how often you guys switch flavours? I change flavour every time I fill up. I like tons of variety which is funny because when I first started I was convinced I ONLY wanted tobacco flavour. Ugh, that's the only flavour I won't use now.

So do you tend to stick to o e or two flavours or do you like a shelf full of different flavours?

Thanks for the advice re box mods. After another couple of hours spent Internet searching last night I have my heart set on the e vic vtc mini in cyan. Oh, I want it so much! Originally I had set on the Kanger Subtank but I don't like red or black and the white, which I was going for, now reminds me of a storm trooper. I can't unsee it now. I could get a wrap for it but.. Well, E VIC VTC MINI

braveminion

Jan 13, 2016
I'm currently vaping Wick Liquor, deja voodoo. Hodges home brew is another favourite.

I used to really really love the elements dripper series. Things like key lime cookie and pink lemonade but recently I've been hearing bad things about the effect they have on coils and even tanks because of the high sugar content. The Hodges home brew pink lemonade is definitely different from elements but it's still lovely.

I like Jimmy the juice man max VG creme brûlée too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.

Can I ask how often you guys switch flavours? I change flavour every time I fill up. I like tons of variety which is funny because when I first started I was convinced I ONLY wanted tobacco flavour. Ugh, that's the only flavour I won't use now.

So do you tend to stick to o e or two flavours or do you like a shelf full of different flavours?

Thanks for the advice re box mods. After another couple of hours spent Internet searching last night I have my heart set on the e vic vtc mini in cyan. Oh, I want it so much! Originally I had set on the Kanger Subtank but I don't like red or black and the white, which I was going for, now reminds me of a storm trooper. I can't unsee it now. I could get a wrap for it but.. Well, E VIC VTC MINI
I have three main flavors, cinnamon, clove and peppermint. Out and about I usually pack cinnamon. At home I usually alternate between peppermint and clove every few hits. I keep several mods set up and switch among them. I also have 4 or 5 fruit flavors I'll swap in to rotation for variety. Good call on the Evic, I'm sure it will serve you well.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
I don't really change flavors; I've vaped for nearly 2 yrs, and the only flavors I've had as "ADVs" are 1) Virginia -- for first few months when I thought a vape needed to taste like a cigarette; 2) blueberry muffin -- which broke my tobacco bias, and 3) my strawberry & cream DIY, which has been my ADV for over a year. I've tried a few others, kept them around awhile, but they never got to be regular vapes. I'll probably change again when I find something I like better than my strawberry & cream -- in over a year's time, that hasn't happened.

Andria

seahawkin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2013
Rochelle, VA
Hey there, welcome. Can be a little overwhelming. My hubby is having probs making the switch too and maintenance is a problem for him as well. Also there are so many ways to go and people seems to like different things. Looks like folks around here have ya started in the right direction. I will tell ya one thing, the juice is worth the squeeze. I have been cigarette free and living with a smoker for over 3 years now. Feel great, health has improved and I still get to have my nicotine :)

LouisLeBeau

Shenaniganery Jedi! Too naughty for Sin Bin
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013

I'm an old school dripper. I mostly use 510 atomizers which hold about 3 or 4 drops, and then you can switch flavors. I used to keep about 25 different flavors in 10ml bottles all on my desk, and change every 5 minutes! :) I'm down to... lemme count.. about 15 flavors in front of me. But then, I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy. ;) These are sweet for constant flavor changers, SO simple to use, and CHEAP. Less than $1 each, and ya just toss em when they go bad. I buy em by the dozens.. :)

Joye 510 or Joye eGo electronic cigarette replacement atomizers

Oh, and I use these guys for my ejuice when I don't DIY. 195 flavors, and made in a sterile environment, and claimed to be completely free of Acetoin, Acetyl Propionyl and Diacetyl.

Ahlusion LLC - Home
Ahlusion LLC - Ingredients

Last edited:

Waxxiii

Jan 13, 2016
E vic is a good choice :)

I change flavours each time I fill but I tend to stick to 3 main juices. I have about 20 others for when I fancy a change though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Which are you three mains?
Hey there, welcome. Can be a little overwhelming. My hubby is having probs making the switch too and maintenance is a problem for him as well. Also there are so many ways to go and people seems to like different things. Looks like folks around here have ya started in the right direction. I will tell ya one thing, the juice is worth the squeeze. I have been cigarette free and living with a smoker for over 3 years now. Feel great, health has improved and I still get to have my nicotine :)

For me vaping is absolutely the answer to quitting. I never tried to quit before, never wanted to. I always said I would be a smoker for life. I enjoyed smoking. Thing is, I enjoy vaping far more. The best thing for me is not smelling of smoke. I was always very conscious of that when I would hug my children. If I'm being absolutely honest, I was a bit drawn in by the hipster aspect of vaping, add to that the fact I would have lots of shiny new toys to buy. I was sold. I'm sure I'll run in to maintenance issues but I'm prepared now. Initially I sort of expected to plug and play so the fact I actually had to maintain these things wasn't something I had entertained. It seems very obvious now.

I also live with a smoker. So far I'm not finding it to be a temptation.

What set up do you rock? What juice do you vape?

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
I like to change flavors several times each day. I also find that a flavor might not be as good today as it was yesterday. I don't like dumping partially filled tanks or having to wait until I vape it down to change to a different flavor. So, my solution (not the juice but how I handle my idiosyncrasies)? Multiple tanks each filled with a different flavor. I have 9 sub-ohm tanks always ready to go when the urge arises. And just in case, a dripper for the urge for a flavor not in one of the tanks. I think I got it covered.

My only every day certain times flavors are Reds (lightly flavored tobacco) with my morning coffee, which occasionally stretches into an all morning vape and German Chocolate Beefcake for evenings up until bedtime. Mid morning until mid evening is open to whatever hits the spot that particular day.

seahawkin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2013
Rochelle, VA
What set up do you rock? What juice do you vape?

Ya the smell is a biggy, hubby smokes outside for me as quitting was a health or else thing. But it ends up I could never quit before because with said health condition nicotine helps balance out the metabolism.

I did the whole thing, building, mechs the whole nine yards. Started with me trying to find what would work for the husband, ended up being a hobby. Lately tho I am looking for ease of use, don't even want to deal with batteries. Mainly using the Radius Provari and Vaporshark with a nautilus tank. Looking for a better tank, liked the Kafun type thing but the builds didn't last long enough for me and I am sorta a klutz so one drop and the builds is off.

Vaping the Milk, Shrub and Muffcake at the mo.

Last edited:

Waxxiii

Jan 13, 2016
I like to change flavors several times each day. I also find that a flavor might not be as good today as it was yesterday. I don't like dumping partially filled tanks or having to wait until I vape it down to change to a different flavor. So, my solution (not the juice but how I handle my idiosyncrasies)? Multiple tanks each filled with a different flavor. I have 9 sub-ohm tanks always ready to go when the urge arises. And just in case, a dripper for the urge for a flavor not in one of the tanks. I think I got it covered.

My only every day certain times flavors are Reds (lightly flavored tobacco) with my morning coffee, which occasionally stretches into an all morning vape and German Chocolate Beefcake for evenings up until bedtime. Mid morning until mid evening is open to whatever hits the spot that particular day.
This is a perfect way to manage multiple juice changes. I hate waiting until I've vaped the last of my current juice. Especially if I have some new flavours to try. My goal is to eventually own enough tanks to do the same.

What tanks do you have and do you have a favourite. What mod do you use?

Waxxiii

Jan 13, 2016
Ya the smell is a biggy, hubby smokes outside for me as quitting was a health or else thing. But it ends up I could never quit before because with said health condition nicotine helps balance out the metabolism.

I did the whole thing, building, mechs the whole nine yards. Started with me trying to find what would work for the husband, ended up being a hobby. Lately tho I am looking for ease of use, don't even want to deal with batteries. Mainly using the Radius Provari and Vaporshark with a nautilus tank. Looking for a better tank, liked the Kafun type thing but the builds didn't last long enough for me and I am sorta a klutz so one drop and the builds is off.

Vaping the Milk, Shrub and Muffcake at the mo.
I'm on the look out for a box mod capable of sub ohming. Right now, if I had the money in my pocket I would but the EVic VTC Mini but I'm constantly looking at other mods so that could change. Does the Provari Radius and/or Vaporshark have a puff counter (number of puffs not length of puff)? How do they compare with the E Vic VTC Mini?

What problems is your OH finding with switching over?

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Also, what's flavours are your best? Which brand?

I have decided to buy from every reputable vendor I can find and decide on my favourite. I've just ordered from Apollo. The next order will be Hangsen. I have heard good things despite them being Chinese manufactured.

I vape Hangsen. Finding a good one is difficult. (yup, bad news) $2/10ml
I wouldn't personally give the other brand you mention 1 cent of my money.

Neither of those brands are what I would call high quality and tasty. Safe, yes, probably. Good vaping... no, not really.

To be blunt, vapers need to work out the difference between mass produced juice and e-liquid makes (niche, gourmet) which are by vapers for vapers. There is a big difference. Knowing what I know now, the word "premium" when used by these big brands carries no real meaning at all.

(That was a grumpy post, but it's got to be said. The "big boys" of Vaping constantly disappoint when it comes to e-liquid. Most reviews are fake as well. )
It's all about the $$$.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread