Eeek. Total Newb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waxxiii

Jan 13, 2016
I vape Hangsen. Finding a good one is difficult. (yup, bad news) $2/10ml
I wouldn't personally give the other brand you mention 1 cent of my money.

Neither of those brands are what I would call high quality and tasty. Safe, yes, probably. Good vaping... no, not really.

To be blunt, vapers need to work out the difference between mass produced juice and e-liquid makes (niche, gourmet) which are by vapers for vapers. There is a big difference. Knowing what I know now, the word "premium" when used by these big brands carries no real meaning at all.

(That was a grumpy post, but it's got to be said. The "big boys" of vaping constantly disappoint when it comes to e-liquid. Most reviews are fake as well. )
It's all about the $$$.

I really expected Apollo to be great stuff because it keeps cropping up. Admittedly I have typed in 'best e liquid' and gone by the reviews there. Anyway, it tastes no better than the stuff I can buy at my local shop. It's not awful, it's ok, but it's not great. How do I find the vendors that really are good. What do you think of Mount Baker and Vampire Vape? How would you rate Hangsen? I realised after I placed my order with Apollo that I would have got 30ml more for £1 less with Hangsen.

seahawkin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2013
Rochelle, VA
Oh, I see. Am I out of my league here?
Na no worries you can always find something safe and in your price range. Folks here will have good suggestions. I tend to go the route I do cause I break things so I buy high end with warranty and support can take a beating stuff.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I really expected Apollo to be great stuff because it keeps cropping up. Admittedly I have typed in 'best e liquid' and gone by the reviews there. Anyway, it tastes no better than the stuff I can buy at my local shop. It's not awful, it's ok, but it's not great. How do I find the vendors that really are good. What do you think of Mount Baker and Vampire Vape? How would you rate Hangsen? I realised after I placed my order with Apollo that I would have got 30ml more for £1 less with Hangsen.

Mt Baker is USA. Vampire is UK.
Vampire use too much flavour and colouring, nice enough in low power kit, rough at decent power. Hangsen is... um... well... um, other than Dekang there's no other company quite like it. They must be the biggest in the world. Most of it is basic, a lot of it is tough to like with a European taste... especially the 'shisha' range (green tops). I vape it because it's cheap bought direct.
I don't mind 3 or 4 of the tobaccos and can vape the fruits (lemon, blackcurrant, lichee) 'as they come' in low power kit and diluted down with extra VG in the 15-25w power band.
If you are going to buy simple e-liquid (UK) then LT e-cigs are as good as any.
For 'better' liquids, look at the makes on Vapeclub

Gourmet e-Liquid From Around The World

You can find out stuff on here too, but tread carefully, one 5 star review (possibly not genuine) puts a liquid at the top compared to nine 5 star reviews and one 4 star review.

All the Juices

Just remember, google is not your friend. Forums and people with no vested interest ($£$£) are reliable. The amount of money sloshing around (thanks to dodgy practices) between vendors, brands and even 'celebrity vapers' has to come from somewhere - our pockets.

Reactions: Waxxiii

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
This is a perfect way to manage multiple juice changes. I hate waiting until I've vaped the last of my current juice. Especially if I have some new flavours to try. My goal is to eventually own enough tanks to do the same.

What tanks do you have and do you have a favourite. What mod do you use?

I hope I don't get too long-winded with this, but here goes:

For mods, I have an IPV Mini 2, IPV D2, Sigelei 100 Plus, and recently picked up a Lavabox DNA200 which I am still learning with but finding it is hard to put down.

My tanks, juice currently in them, and mod usually used although I may run them on any of the mods depending on where I am and what I am doing.....

Aspire Atlantis v1 with 5ml tank, one with my morning Reds juice and one with my late evening German Chocolate Beefcake. When something is working nicely, why change? My "go to" vapes.

Atlantis v1 regular tank. I had been using this to try new flavors, but currently have it with the ni200 coil testing out temp control with various flavors on the D2 or Lavabox. For my taste, will go back to standard coils when all the ni200 coils are used up as I am not that impressed with how that vapes.

Kanger Subtank and Sub Mini. The subtank was my first venture into sub-ohm and still working nicely with my Coffee Cake juice normally on the IPV Mini2, but fits/looks nice on the Lavabox. ... with the standard Atlantis, I am currently experimenting with the ST mini using ni200 coils so running it on the D2 or Lavabox. While I am finding some flavors working very nice on TC, others seem to come up short for me.

Original Herakles and Herakles Plus on the Sig or Lavabox for higher wattage. While the Herakles vapes nicely, the filling is a bit of a pain for my old, shaky hands. So run a flavor I like, but don't crave. The Plus is fairly new and have been using I Love Donuts since I got it. Great vape, easy fill with the top fill, and nice options for airflow, but working around a slight leakage problem that I may have solved to a large degree. But I think the great vape is worth the slight leakage.

Smok TFV4 and TFV4 mini on the Sig or Lavabox. The TFV4 is and has been filled with Rocket Man for quite a while since it comes in such a big bottle that I am still working my way through. But good enough I am in no hurry to change. The Mini is fairly new as well, so have just run a new flavor from my local B&M called Bazinga, a melon/grape flavor I never imagined I would like. I just changed out the quad coil to the SS coil and am finding that quite nice as well. As well as these tanks have worked and with all the coil choices, I am finding either of these my favorite tanks. Oh, and both have a very easy top fill which is especially nice for me.

Eyes getting sore yet? Relax and take a vape :vapor: , we're almost done! :D Hey! You asked!

And finally :thumbs:, I have a Freakshow dripper. While I can't build coils, I can manage an occasional wicking and my friends at the B&M assured me they would build coils as needed as long as I am around. I mostly use this to try new flavors when I can make it into the B&M, but have also grabbed it when in the mood for a flavor not in one of my tanks.

And that covers it all. Everything interchangeable as far as tanks on mods, but for me, it is hard to beat a TFV4 or Mini on the Lavabox. But as in the past, all my opinions are subject to change at my discretion!

In the interest of brevity (yeah, right!) I did not include equipment I "graduated from" and payed forward. :blink:

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com

The only juice I'll still buy, blueberry muffin, is from sweet-vapes.com. Haven't tried any of their others, but they completely nailed that one. I love them because you specify your preferred PG/VG.

Andria

KayP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2015
Gold Coast, QLD, AUS
Oh, I see. Am I out of my league here?
Oh that is not what a meant. It's out of my league. I'm just a newb to vaping and I am no expert; however, imo the jump between the iSticks and Provari may be great in relation to price, vaping styles and more importantly the learning curve. Sorry I am no expert; however, I have seen many Youtubers swear by the Provaris, in fact you'll find most of the expensive hardwares do receive a lot of praises. Quality comes at a price, you get what you pay for, yada yada. I'm sticking to lower powered devices which still receive praises and won't be too hard on my vape wallet.

Waxxiii

Jan 13, 2016
The only juice I'll still buy, blueberry muffin, is from sweet-vapes.com. Haven't tried any of their others, but they completely nailed that one. I love them because you specify your preferred PG/VG.

Andria
I would love to try this site. There are so many flavours that I would try. The shipping is a little expensive because I'm from the UK so I'll wait until I am in a position to buy a decent amount to warrant the high shipping costs.

Reactions: AndriaD

Waxxiii

Jan 13, 2016
Oh that is not what a meant. It's out of my league. I'm just a newb to vaping and I am no expert; however, imo the jump between the iSticks and Provari may be great in relation to price, vaping styles and more importantly the learning curve. Sorry I am no expert; however, I have seen many Youtubers swear by the Provaris, in fact you'll find most of the expensive hardwares do receive a lot of praises. Quality comes at a price, you get what you pay for, yada yada. I'm sticking to lower powered devices which still receive praises and won't be too hard on my vape wallet.
After you mentioned the price difference I had a quick look and indeed those set ups are a little out of my reach at the moment. As a new caper I guess it makes sense to work my way up. At this point, with the limited knowledge I have I would be just as excited to receive an EVic VTC Mini than a Provari so the higher priced mods would be wasted on me. I have a super addictive personality so I don't doubt that a couple of years passed will see me with shelves full of mods. Right now though, I'll try not to throw myself in at the deep end.

What set up do you have? Do you have plans for your next one?

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
The Innokin CoolFire IV's are OUTSTANDING mods, 40w, and not expensive at all -- which is why I have 3 of them! :D Innokins were my first "real" mods, way back with the iTaste vv3's; mine are now almost 2 yrs old, the first getting some very hard use before I got any others, and they all still work just fine. You just can't go wrong with Innokin!

Andria

KayP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2015
Gold Coast, QLD, AUS
After you mentioned the price difference I had a quick look and indeed those set ups are a little out of my reach at the moment. As a new caper I guess it makes sense to work my way up. At this point, with the limited knowledge I have I would be just as excited to receive an EVic VTC Mini than a Provari so the higher priced mods would be wasted on me. I have a super addictive personality so I don't doubt that a couple of years passed will see me with shelves full of mods. Right now though, I'll try not to throw myself in at the deep end.

I have been vaping for just 3 weeks and I have the Kanger Subox Mini Starter Kit. A bit pricey, but you do get some extra goodies in the kit. The vapour and flavour I get from the tank is awesome, imo. I started off vaping at low wattage, 7-12 watts. Lately I like to vape either at 18-22 watts mouth to lung or 30 watts direct lung.

Yes, I do have plans for my next one, in fact my next two. I was looking at GeekVape's Griffin and Steam Crave's Aromamizer Velocity deck RTAs (tanks), and the Reuleaux RX200 and iStick 100W VW Mods. Yes, I 'was' looking.. because I online ordered for them yesterday. I did also order some rebuilding supplies, wires, cotton, and whatnot. Even though these mods are much stronger than the Subox Mini, I can still start off at low watts and slowly progress from there. I hope these choices will keep me satisfied for some time, I cringe at the idea of doing more vape shopping any time soon. It has burnt a hole into my wallet, heh. Still, I can't wait for my new goodies :drool:

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
I have been vaping for just 3 weeks and I have the Kanger Subox Mini Starter Kit. A bit pricey, but you do get some extra goodies in the kit. The vapour and flavour I get from the tank is awesome, imo. I started off vaping at low wattage, 7-12 watts. Lately I like to vape either at 18-22 watts mouth to lung or 30 watts direct lung.

Yes, I do have plans for my next one, in fact my next two. I was looking at GeekVape's Griffin and Steam Crave's Aromamizer Velocity deck RTAs (tanks), and the Reuleaux RX200 and iStick 100W VW Mods. Yes, I 'was' looking.. because I online ordered for them yesterday. I did also order some rebuilding supplies, wires, cotton, and whatnot. Even though these mods are much stronger than the Subox Mini, I can still start off at low watts and slowly progress from there. I hope these choices will keep me satisfied for some time, I cringe at the idea of doing more vape shopping any time soon. It has burnt a hole into my wallet, heh. Still, I can't wait for my new goodies :drool:
I have an RX200; youre going to love it. With LG HG2s in it the battery life is otherworldly. It also does SS316 in TC mode beautifully. I gave up on TC back in the Ni200 days, but stainless wire is making me rethink that. The Aromamizer is well thought of. Did you get the RDA or the RDTA? And next time you're tank shopping, look at an Indulgence MT. It will blow cloud all day at 100+ watts and never a dry hit-- huge juice channels-- or vape sweetly at 25 watts too. I have one coiled .11 in SS316 on my RX, 60w 450deg in TC and it fogs out my room. And another one coiled .35 Kanthal (28ga twists) on my SX Mini I run at 25 watts for first thing in the morning before my lungs wake up ;-)

KayP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2015
Gold Coast, QLD, AUS
I have an RX200; youre going to love it. With LG HG2s in it the battery life is otherworldly. It also does SS316 in TC mode beautifully. I gave up on TC back in the Ni200 days, but stainless wire is making me rethink that. The Aromamizer is well thought of. Did you get the RDA or the RDTA? And next time you're tank shopping, look at an Indulgence MT. It will blow cloud all day at 100+ watts and never a dry hit-- huge juice channels-- or vape sweetly at 25 watts too. I have one coiled .11 in SS316 on my RX, 60w 450deg in TC and it fogs out my room. And another one coiled .35 Kanthal (28ga twists) on my SX Mini I run at 25 watts for first thing in the morning before my lungs wake up ;-)
I am getting the Aromamizer RDTA in black. I'm sticking with tanks for now. Regretfully there were not many batteries in stock, so I went with Samsung 30Q for the RX200. I could have also gone with either the Samsung 25R or Sony VTC5, but I opted for the 3000mAh offered by Samsung 30Q. I hope the battery life will still be good. I'm still a novice with coil building and it will be a work in progress. A Coil Master 521Tab is also on its way to me, but it will take a while as its coming from China.

Reactions: suprtrkr

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
... I have a super addictive personality so I don't doubt that a couple of years passed will see me with shelves full of mods.

Yes... we all seem to feel that way and it does come true. Some are worse than others, of course.
For *you* the important thing might be to stock up on certain items that are getting banned. Tanks over 2ml will be illegal soon. 30m bottles too are on the way out, I'm afraid to say.
I am collecting tanks and importantly rebuildable tanks.
I have mods which are now obsolete (for my usage) but I keep them for the worst kind of zombie apocalypse. I'd rather vape on a 2013 eVic (up to 11 pathetic watts) than nothing at all.
...oh, and I have mechs (mechanical mods) too. Much depends on the exact effect of regulation on the liquids. If it's really bad, I'll freeze Nicotine base liquid.

Scary stuff. There is hope, but not for the kind of vaping many of us enjoy.
I'll certainly not be buying BLU ever. I'd rather suck Nicotine lozenges than give those first class bankers my money. I might consider buying tobacco company e-liquid, I guess, but if things are so bad that Totally Wicked 'throw in the towel' then Vaping will more or less be finished anyway.
Then, it'll come back another few years down the line as smoking rates go back up and the government of the day realises they made a mistake.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
I am getting the Aromamizer RDTA in black. I'm sticking with tanks for now. Regretfully there were not many batteries in stock, so I went with Samsung 30Q for the RX200. I could have also gone with either the Samsung 25R or Sony VTC5, but I opted for the 3000mAh offered by Samsung 30Q. I hope the battery life will still be good. I'm still a novice with coil building and it will be a work in progress. A Coil Master 521Tab is also on its way to me, but it will take a while as its coming from China.
Excellent. The 30Qs are also good batteries; you'll do fine with them. Coil building is not hard, but there is a learning curve. Sing out for help if you need it. And enjoy. It's been years, but I still remember the first coil set I built that vaped well. :)

Reactions: KayP

Waxxiii

Jan 13, 2016

You have been vaping for three weeks and you're already coil building? Wow. You seem to know exactly what gear to buy too. How did you learn this in such a short time?

Reactions: suprtrkr

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Online forums and Youtube videos.

I wasn't into coil building after 3 wks, but it didn't take *too* long... somewhere between 2 and 3 months, I think, because I got fed up to the teeth with the constant cost of replacement coils. And the little "starter" tanks that were available in early 2014 just didn't work very well for me -- but once I got a Kayfun... ahhhhhhhhhhhh! :thumb:

Andria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread