Eeek. Total Newb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KayP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2015
Gold Coast, QLD, AUS
I wasn't into coil building after 3 wks, but it didn't take *too* long... somewhere between 2 and 3 months, I think, because I got fed up to the teeth with the constant cost of replacement coils. And the little "starter" tanks that were available in early 2014 just didn't work very well for me -- but once I got a kayfun... ahhhhhhhhhhhh! :thumb:

Andria
I did not correctly prime my OCC coil heads, so I burnt the 2 OCC coils which came in my Subox Kit on day one. I have only been using the RBA deck. I was contemplating on buying some OCC heads; however, they are too expensive.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I did not correctly prime my OCC coil heads, so I burnt the 2 OCC coils which came in my Subox Kit on day one. I have only been using the RBA deck. I was contemplating on buying some OCC heads; however, they are too expensive.
Can you not get them from Fasttech? (to Aus).
I spend about $3-4 a week on plug and play stuff. Saves time when I am in a rush.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com

I'm kinda glad that all these new tanks didn't exist then, or it might have taken me longer to get into rebuilding; or maybe not, since the coils for them cost a lot more than the 5 coils/$6 I was paying for T3S coils. In which case, I might not have persevered with vaping at all; it took 6 months to a year of not buying cigarettes for our budget to see major improvement. If I'd had to buy those expensive coils at the start, I doubt I'd have stayed with it -- and I had to undergo a major paradigm shift to even consider coil-building; I had been firmly of the opinion that I wasn't going to "mess with electrical stuff" -- in fact, it terrified me! :D The thing that finally made me open my mind to it was when I realized that I had already done the scariest thing I could imagine -- quitting cigarettes. I realized that after that, nothing much was really all that scary. :D

Andria

KayP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2015
Gold Coast, QLD, AUS
Can you not get them from Fasttech? (to Aus).
I spend about $3-4 a week on plug and play stuff. Saves time when I am in a rush.
I can get a pack of 5 for around $18-20 from Aussie based online stores; however, I spent that money on new hardware instead :p Besides I want/need more experience with coil building.

Waxxiii

Jan 13, 2016
What is the deal with Fasttech? I have heard bad things about them. Hangsen have a warning on their website stating that they are advertising Hangsen but are not authorised sellers, the implication obviously being that it is fake. I also saw a video on YouTube with a guy showing a cloned mod he had purchased from there. I'm confused because it's been mentioned on this forum a bunch of times in a positive way. I couldn't find much online, although I didn't look to hard; I seem to get it straight from people on this forum.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
What is the deal with Fasttech? I have heard bad things about them. Hangsen have a warning on their website stating that they are advertising Hangsen but are not authorised sellers, the implication obviously being that it is fake. I also saw a video on YouTube with a guy showing a cloned mod he had purchased from there. I'm confused because it's been mentioned on this forum a bunch of times in a positive way. I couldn't find much online, although I didn't look to hard; I seem to get it straight from people on this forum.
With Fasttech you get what you pay for. I will say they are careful to note the difference between clone and authentic (the word they use is "style"), and that I have never gotten a clone from them when I paid for authentic. The only real problem is the shipping is whimsical. Sometimes a week, sometimes a month.

Waxxiii

Jan 13, 2016
With Fasttech you get what you pay for. I will say they are careful to note the difference between clone and authentic (the word they use is "style"), and that I have never gotten a clone from them when I paid for authentic. The only real problem is the shipping is whimsical. Sometimes a week, sometimes a month.
Thank you. This clears things up.

I have another question, for anyone here. OK, so I'm looking into getting my next mod and want something I can grow with and definitely want to get into sub ohming, but I don't want to throw myself into the deep end and end up with a mod I have no idea how to use. I was under the impression that if I bought a mod and tank that is capable of sub ohming I could also above ohm on that device simply by using higher resistance coils. I nipped into my local vape shop today and was getting the sales pitch on the Kbox Mini starter kit (I actually asked to look at the Subox Mini but it was out of stock) and she told me that I would not be able to above ohm vape on the tank that comes in the starter kit or any of the tanks that I could buy seperately but could switch out the tank and use my Nautilus Mini on the device to above ohm. Is this the case with all tanks that can sub ohm? It's cool if it is, I just want to know how it works.

I have my eye on either the Eviv VTC Mini w/Ego One Mega and the Kanger Subox Mini w/Subtank. Could I both sub and above ohm on either of these?

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Thank you. This clears things up.

I have another question, for anyone here. OK, so I'm looking into getting my next mod and want something I can grow with and definitely want to get into sub ohming, but I don't want to throw myself into the deep end and end up with a mod I have no idea how to use. I was under the impression that if I bought a mod and tank that is capable of sub ohming I could also above ohm on that device simply by using higher resistance coils. I nipped into my local vape shop today and was getting the sales pitch on the Kbox Mini starter kit (I actually asked to look at the Subox Mini but it was out of stock) and she told me that I would not be able to above ohm vape on the tank that comes in the starter kit or any of the tanks that I could buy seperately but could switch out the tank and use my Nautilus Mini on the device to above ohm. Is this the case with all tanks that can sub ohm? It's cool if it is, I just want to know how it works.

I have my eye on either the Eviv VTC Mini w/Ego One Mega and the Kanger Subox Mini w/Subtank. Could I both sub and above ohm on either of these?
With prebuilt coils, it depends on what they build. If the manufacturer builds both subohm and +ohm coils, then you can. If they don't, you can't unless some other manufacturer's coils happen to fit in your tank. The tanks that come in both the VTC and Subox kits do both.

Waxxiii

Jan 13, 2016
With prebuilt coils, it depends on what they build. If the manufacturer builds both subohm and +ohm coils, then you can. If they don't, you can't unless some other manufacturer's coils happen to fit in your tank. The tanks that come in both the VTC and Subox kits do both.
Thanks, I just realised that the Subox Mini kit IS the Kbox w/ Subtank. I guess the vape store vendor was as confused as I am now.

Reactions: suprtrkr

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
What is the deal with Fasttech? I have heard bad things about them. Hangsen have a warning on their website stating that they are advertising Hangsen but are not authorised sellers, the implication obviously being that it is fake.

All the hardware and liquid manufacturers say Fasttech sell fakes.
Fasttech DO sell fakes.... millions of them.
They also sell Authentic products... which are 100% Authentic.
The thing is nobody wants Fasttech selling their stuff. You could call it 'price protection' or they are doing a favour to their resellers on the domestic markets. One is kind of nasty and the other kind of nice.

I'm not sure I understand your question about sub/non sub ohm tanks/atomizers.
The Kbox mini

KANGER KBOX MINI PLATINUM

can use any tank, more or less.

It is NOT the same as the original Kbox, which is a piece of long-since surpassed hardware.

Waxxiii

Jan 13, 2016
All the coils for the nautilus are the same as far as I remember. I used it before I switched to kangertech subtank and the nautilus was 'donated' to my OH. Are you using the same eliquid? Or changed your air hole? It may just need a little longer to soak in to the coil.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I figured out the problem. I was using the old style BDC coils. The do indeed have smaller holes but there are other differences. Thank god I started vaping with the new BVC coils because the others would probably been enough to switch me back to cigarettes. I was getting more dry hits than not the day after putting in a new coil. Perhaps it was just a bad one but I'll never use another BDC coil.

Reactions: djsvapour

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Oh... and if it's any use...

Most people that bought the eVic mini VTC just bought the mod. Those tanks have few fans. Buy the mod, stick something else on top.... anything :cry:

I use weird tanks on my eVic. It's a subtank base with an acrylic 'bell cap'. The bases were from Fasttech (genuine Kanger) and the rest of the tank a piece of nasty Chinese invention.

On AAEC-UK, they call it a DIY subtank. I call it bargain of the flippin century. You get 2 subtank minis for about £10.

Reactions: Waxxiii

seahawkin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2013
Rochelle, VA
After you mentioned the price difference I had a quick look and indeed those set ups are a little out of my reach at the moment.

I hear the ISTICK 1 can be good. I was impressed with it. You can find well priced stuff out there. I just tend to be rough with mine and well I dropped a Provari in the toilet and it worked after. Yes I was hiding in the bathroom vaping :(

Waxxiii

Jan 13, 2016
Oh... and if it's any use...

Most people that bought the eVic mini VTC just bought the mod. Those tanks have few fans. Buy the mod, stick something else on top.... anything :cry:

I use weird tanks on my eVic. It's a subtank base with an acrylic 'bell cap'. The bases were from Fasttech (genuine Kanger) and the rest of the tank a piece of nasty Chinese invention.

On AAEC-UK, they call it a DIY subtank. I call it bargain of the flippin century. You get 2 subtank minis for about £10.
I'm so .... about things matching up. I'll have to scour the internet for a cyan tank that matches the Evic AND performs well. Aaah, maybe I'll do myself a favour and go for the Subox Mini. The Subtank is pretty solidly regarded right?

Tell me more about you DIY tanks. For £10 I don't give a .... if it matches. Where would I look and what would I look for?

To explain my earlier question (I have a tendency to over complicate everything), I was basically asking whether the subtanks can use higher resistance coils as well as lower. Could I use say the Subtank with a 1.5 resistance coil and vape just the way I do on my iStick w/ Nauti. suprtrkr has pretty much cleared that up for me though. ;)

Waxxiii

Jan 13, 2016
I hear the ISTICK 1 can be good. I was impressed with it. You can find well priced stuff out there. I just tend to be rough with mine and well I dropped a Provari in the toilet and it worked after. Yes I was hiding in the bathroom vaping :(
Hehee, this made me laugh.

The bathroom at home or work?

How do you guys feel about vaping around children/babies?

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Honestly... I use my 'original' subtank mini the least of all my tanks.

anyway... if you want to get creative, just look around on Fasttech.

This is the base

$5.45 Authentic KangerTech SUBTANK Mini Air Flow Control Valve Base - silver at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

this is the rest of it

$1.70 Acrylic SUBTANK Mini Bell Cap - translucent / 37.5mm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

but there are HUNDREDS of other versions. That particular one is 'short' so it doesn't stand as tall as a real subtank mini. You can get even smaller, insanely massive, and every colour/design under the sun.

That's all you need. The base and the tank.
(oh and some coils or RBA section)

$6.10 Authentic KangerTech SUBTANK Mini RBA Plus Coil Head - stainless steel at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

seahawkin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2013
Rochelle, VA
Hehee, this made me laugh.

The bathroom at home or work?

Oh work, don't hide at home :D Ummmm... Generally don't vape around children, but then I don't have any so. But I think others that are parents might have some good insight on that.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales

In what way? I wouldn't vape too close to a really small child but I'd hug a baby (after finishing) with more confidence than when I was a smoker.

Oh... and talking of dropping stuff. I dropped my e-cig down the loo in Nandos.
:cry:

Reactions: seahawkin

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
Fasttech is (by far) the place that has the biggest selection of everything related to e cigs to be found anywhere and at extremely good prices . Pay attention to the reviews and discussions underneath the product your interested in and make sure the reviews are as current as possible .

Thats how you make sure your not getting a dud which is rare but it happens. Everthing i ever bought their has been superb for a much much cheaper price than elsewhere , they also have one of the longest warranties to be found anywhere.

They have many shipping options and it cost peanuts to ship compared to alot of other places , if item ships next day expect it to arrive in your mailbox within 12 days if your in the USA and choose the USPS option.

Some items don't ship for a week or two after ordering so make sure you take note of that , each item will say when it ships.

Do not choose the "rowboat" shipping option , that option is a small Chinese gentlemen in a standard sized rowboat .

He's well equipped though because he brings food for the long journey , usually an 8 oz portion of pork fried rice , one vegetable egg roll , a duck sauce packet , two fortune cookies and a 16 oz bottled water.

The "rowboat option " is not very reliable because if he encounters a hurricane during his trip it could blow a small rowboat off course so i like the USPS option myself.

Reactions: juskiddin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread