Efest 18650 or AW IMR 18650?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stylezuk

ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2013
Quote"For some reason my aw imr 18650 2000 mah I get 50 hrs between chargers and I vape 6ml a day compared to my evic stock Samsung 18650 2600 mah I get may 30 hrs."

3 ohm coil @ 3.7v or 4.6 watts consumes 1233 milliamps with a 2000mah battery the charge life would be around 1.4 hours of continuous use charge

Yeah there is an improbability in that quote :D

NicksVap3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2011
Maine USA
I am only half way through, but just want to state, aw and efest do not make their own cells. Names like ultrsfire and trustfire tend to use recycled cells, or just. god awful cells. Though some teustfires are known to be great cells.

That said... Efest and aw do NOT make their own cells. Most likely, with some sizes they are the same.
Biggest thing is buying from a reputable dealer, and get cells that meet your needs.

There are places you can buy cell wrappers to make whatever cell you have look like what ever you want. So those aw imr 18650s could be rewraped salvaged cells. Or the panny 3400s could be too.

You need to be able to trust the seller above all when buying cells. A lot of places.are.out there to just make a fast.buck on the growing need for lithium cells. They don't care about the quality or your safety.

First off know what you need. Second, trust the seller.

I would personally buy efest over aw cells in a heartbeat if the seller is trusted. Aw cells have earned an unearned "higher quality" from candle power forums shady buiseness practices.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
That said... Efest and aw do NOT make their own cells...

You need to be able to trust the seller above all when buying cells. A lot of places.are.out there to just make a fast.buck on the growing need for lithium cells. They don't care about the quality or your safety.
Agreed. However, Efest is one of those IMHO. They have a history of exaggerating their battery's specs. And they are misrepresenting the specs of their purple 35 amp battery when the original manufacturer (LG) states that it is only a 20 amp battery.

I would personally buy efest over aw cells in a heartbeat if the seller is trusted. Aw cells have earned an unearned "higher quality" from candle power forums shady buiseness practices.
And I would personally do just the opposite.

Andrew Wan (AW) is a battery distributor in Hong Kong who buys huge quantities of batteries from Japan. He knows that not all batteries are created equal from the factory, so he and his staff inspect/test each battery individually. The best get the red wrapper and AW sticker. (Who knows what happens to the rejects...maybe sold to Efest?)

Buy an authentic AW battery and you can be assured that you will be getting a high quality and consistant battery. Is that worth the extra couple of dollars? Only you can answer that. Having had a couple of Efest batteries of different sizes loose their charge after only a couple weeks of use, I'll only use AW batteries. Two years use of AW batteries (14500, 18350, 18490, and 18650) I've not been disappointed with a single one.

Last edited:

catilley1092

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2013
North Carolina, USA
Here's a guide that may be of help. As to best depends on a couple of things. AW batteries are the most counterfeited on the market, so beware. Obtain only from trusted sources, two for $15 on eBay with a battery carrying case & free ship is too good to be true. Really.

There's a couple of things that you don't mention about the Efest, such as the mah type & the continuous discharge rate (CDR) for the battery you want. See chart below, there's a few variables of the 18650 of each.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...tery-basics-mods-imr-protected-icr-page2.html

I'm currently using AW 18490 1100mah 16.5A, however given the huge amount of fakes on the market, may simply go with Sony, as there are much fewer reports of these being fakes. Being that I have an Astro clone that telescopes, there's a decent choice of batteries to choose from. Would also like to up the mah level, but at the same time, have an equal or better CDR.

I believe that my vaping experience will be better with a higher mah battery with a higher CDR. Provided they're not fakes.

Cat

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
AW batteries are the most counterfeited on the market, so beware. Obtain only from trusted sources, two for $15 on eBay with a battery carrying case & free ship is too good to be true. Really.

I totally agree with this. RTD vapor, Illumination Supply, Orbtronics and the local vape shops I know and trust are the only suppliers I would buy from without checking them out more. Anyone else and I will do my due diligence before buying. A counterfeit battery can blow up in your face and I'm not one to talk about exploding batteries all that often.

midijerk

Moved On
May 30, 2014
United States
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered supplier

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I recommend the imr. Ive heard that the efest are actually rewrapped bats from other companies.
To be fair, half of the batteries on the market are re-branded batteries.

AW rebrands batteries from Japanese manufacturers after doing extensive testing and then using only the best ones as AW. Orbtronic rebrands Panasonic and other batteries and then sells those batteries as Orbtronic - they are up front and honest about it; "Panasonic inside". The purple Efest 18650 2100mah 30 amp batteries are rebranded Sony 18650 2100mah 30 amp batteries if you remove their wrappers.

EfestSony.jpg

Vaslovik

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
Well for what it's worth I have 8 Efest IMR 2000 mAh 18650's I've been rotating through my mechs for the last 10 months, and I've had no issues whatever with them. I have one AW IMR and I can't see any difference between the two brands, they both charge up and give me good vaping power. If price is an issue go with the Efest, it's served me quite well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread