Ego battery weird fit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Pegleg

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2015
Arkansas
Hello,
My 400mah Ego (mini) doesn't seem to thread well with any of my cartos or clearos. It seems the center post is too tall, and also everything I put on it will wobble if I gently push them. Also an obvious gap between battery and cartomizers after I tighten them enough to be snug (but still a wobble), without overtightening. Is this fixable, did I get a poorly constructed battery?

Captain Pegleg

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2015
Arkansas
This is my only 510/ego battery, which fits my favorite tank. I would rather just buy another as I really dont want to go without. I have submitted a return request though. I will see if they got a funky batch, or if mine was the lone wonky one. I wonder if it would be safer to buy another color, if that would up my chances of getting a better one?

Captain Pegleg

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2015
Arkansas
It's more like the battery post and prongs on my cartos/clearos meet too soon, and I dont want to put extra pressure on either (killed a carto that way :( )

The site I bought it from won't let me return it because it was on clearance, lol it didn't say anywhere on the page that it was on clearance! Oh well, it Does work, and lasts all day for me to boot so I'm not worried about it. Wonder if it's on clearance because they are all like that...hmmmmm :rolleyes:

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Often the post gets pushed down unintentionally by many users and disables contact until retrieved.

In most cases for me on an ego, the bottom of the carto will push way before that happens. I always leave a millimeter gap at least, I never go much past snug. It always cuts off airflow in the carto.

It almost seems like your battery's threading isn't proper all the way down, or metal shavings in the threads.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread