Status
Not open for further replies.

fsroq

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2011
Spain
Slimest, thank you for posting your questions. Your answers are below. As always, credit for answers on technical questions goes to John.

1 - Yes. It is a completely self-contained 3A buck/boost switching power supply. It has all the proper input/output filtering built in. If you want to use it as a variable DC supply to power an electronic project (for instance), it'll work just fine.

2 - Yes. See answer #1.

3 - Yes, the undervoltage protection kicks in if the input drops below 2.5 volts, however we still recommend using only protected batteries.

4 - 3A is the maximum current the unit can supply. Any more than that and the overcurrent protection will kick in.

5 - You should be able to. Happy Vaper ships all over the world. You may have to contact Jack to get specific shipping details/cost for your country.

If you have any other questions, please post them.

Regards,

TBL36

So, if I would put it on a 18650 NoEgo/Epower, and use it with a dual coil that rates 1.6 Ohm at 5 volts, that would be 3.125 Amps, and it wouldn,t work, right?

thinblueline36

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2010
Vancouver, BC Canada
So, if I would put it on a 18650 NoEgo/Epower, and use it with a dual coil that rates 1.6 Ohm at 5 volts, that would be 3.125 Amps, and it wouldn,t work, right?

The Ego Booster's maximum output voltage is 4.7v. At 4.7v the application above would require a current of 2.94 amps, which the Ego Booster can easily provide.

TBL36

slimest

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2011
Russia, Moscow
ecigroom.myqip.ru
thinblueline36, John, thank you for your answers. Your device seems just perfect for me. Everything what I need and nothing extra. One of the most inspiring things - simple analog adjustment. No digital "exersises": push 5 times, then jump twice, then wait 5 seconds etc... When come back home I sure order this regulator.
Just to share information with you:
I got false shorts using old native Joye eGo accumulators with Genesis. Genesis is an atomizer with a wick made from rolled stainless mesh. Accumulators rejected to work with these atomizers, showing short circuit, but according to measuring there was no short at all. I suspected that the heater works as a primary coil of a transformer and the mesh wick inside the heater coil could have its own shorts inside and could work as a shorted secondary coil. And obviously we could see this effect on AC or pulse power supply only, non DC. And it was right - when I soldered a ceramic capacitor in parallel to heater, these false shorts disappeared. I could see these "shorts" using old batteries only, approx made in summer 2010. If the eGo batteries made later, in 2011, no false shorts. Maybe firmware issues or something else...

Sorry for my English, hope that this info is useful.

Last edited:

fsroq

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2011
Spain
The Ego Booster's maximum output voltage is 4.7v. At 4.7v the application above would require a current of 2.94 amps, which the Ego Booster can easily provide.

TBL36

Sorry, I didn´t remember it goes up to 4.7. 4.7 volts is OK for me.

It would demand 2.94 amps at 4.7 volts, and at 3 amps it would cut off, right?

Wouldn´t it be bad if I am running it all the time at the limit (3 amps) of its capability? Would it last a reasonable time?

Happy Jack

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Today I asked my friend to purchase this device for me (I will be out of my home when it should arrive), but he says that the booster is out of stock... :(

Hey slimest!

It's true. The eGo Booster is currently out of stock but it they should be available again in a day or two.

Call or email any time!

Happy Vaping!
Jack

Happy Jack

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Thank you, Jack! Seems that you are one of the great developers who made this excellent thing allowable and available for all. Thank you. Your work is really great - I imagine all problems with development and practical making such tiny and powerful thing. My hat off :)

Thank YOU, slimest!

Actually, I can't claim to be one of the development team. My hats off to them, as well! They outdid themselves.

We are proud to be working with Artisan Vaping to bring their awesome development to the vaping world!

Vape Happy!
Jack

thinblueline36

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2010
Vancouver, BC Canada
It would demand 2.94 amps at 4.7 volts, and at 3 amps it would cut off, right? Wouldn´t it be bad if I am running it all the time at the limit (3 amps) of its capability? Would it last a reasonable time?

You just go ahead and run your Ego Booster at max setting 24-7. It won't give out on you anytime soon, and we offer a one-year manufacturer's warranty on the electronics.

TBL36

Col. Gaunt

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2009
Chicago, IL
I received my ego booster on Monday and I loved it so much that I ordered another one right away. I am currently doing more testing and perhaps it was foolish to order another before I fully tested it but it really impressed me when I first tried it.

I could not believe the power of the hit that I was getting from my ego, and I was not evening using a LR atty! These are just my initial feelings towards the unit. I want to use the booster on a freshly charged ego and see what kind of vape time I get on it and if it will be consistent.

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011

Happy Jack

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I received my ego booster on Monday and I loved it so much that I ordered another one right away. I am currently doing more testing and perhaps it was foolish to order another before I fully tested it but it really impressed me when I first tried it.

I could not believe the power of the hit that I was getting from my ego, and I was not evening using a LR atty! These are just my initial feelings towards the unit. I want to use the booster on a freshly charged ego and see what kind of vape time I get on it and if it will be consistent.

Glad to hear you're enjoying your EB, Colonel! Looking forward to your followup!

I have the ego advanced listed here: Smokeless Cigarettes | Electronic Smoking Device | Electronic Cigarette - **NEW**Ego-Advanced E Cigarette 4 Colors I'm not sure it is a genuine Joye ego and I don't know if it has the PWM. Website doesn't say and it isn't clear if it's a genuine Joye. Now I'm worried because I've ordered the ego booster. Does anybody know if it will work on this ego?

Hey tmcase!

From the look of those units, they are definitely not Joye eGos. Not sure if they have an eGo-type MOSFET but my gut tells me that they don't.

When you use them, do they hit really hard off a charge and get weaker throughout the time that you're using them? That's usually a good cue, as the "true" eGos seem to hit pretty much the same from start to finish, apart from the last couple of vapes.

Are those the only eGo style batts you have?

Hoping we can get you Happily Vaping off an eGo Booster soon!

Vape Happy!
Jack

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Hey tmcase!

From the look of those units, they are definitely not Joye eGos. Not sure if they have an eGo-type MOSFET but my gut tells me that they don't.

When you use them, do they hit really hard off a charge and get weaker throughout the time that you're using them? That's usually a good cue, as the "true" eGos seem to hit pretty much the same from start to finish, apart from the last couple of vapes.

Are those the only eGo style batts you have?

Hoping we can get you Happily Vaping off an eGo Booster soon!

Vape Happy!
Jack

I'm afraid you're right that they are not true egos. The power does tend to fall off and that is why I don't use them very much and was hoping the ego booster would fix that. I've been chatting with Classwife and together we have decided that they are not Joye egos. :( Since I've already ordered a ego booster and don't want it to go to waste and because I want VV I just ordered a 1000 mah Joye ego battery from Puresmoker.com. I sure hope they both arrive at the same time. :) Thanks for your quick response.

Happy Jack

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I'm afraid you're right that they are not true egos. The power does tend to fall off and that is why I don't use them very much and was hoping the ego booster would fix that. I've been chatting with Classwife and together we have decided that they are not Joye egos. :( Since I've already ordered a ego booster and don't want it to go to waste and because I want VV I just ordered a 1000 mah Joye ego battery from Puresmoker.com. I sure hope they both arrive at the same time. :) Thanks for your quick response.

Hey tmcase!

Hope you LOVE the EB and will feel it was all worth it! I look forward to hearing your feedback...

Please don't hesitate to call or email any time!

Happy Vaping!
Jack

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Hey tmcase!

Hope you LOVE the EB and will feel it was all worth it! I look forward to hearing your feedback...

Happy Vaping!
Jack

Thank you, I will and I'm pretty sure it will be worth it from what I've been reading and watching (vids) about it.

slimest

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2011
Russia, Moscow
ecigroom.myqip.ru
Hi, Happy Vaper! I tried to connect using info@happyvaper.com, but nobody answered me. No answer at all since wednesday. Anyway I and my friend ordered the device, but did not get any help.

P.S. After this post guys answered :) No need help now, too late. Really disappointed.

Last edited:

fsroq

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2011
Spain
-Happy Jack, I believe there was a review somwhere at ECF, using an Epower 18650 with an Egobooster, and now people are saying the Epower can have two diferent switches, a regulated at 3.7V and others come with a non regulated switch. Then it is also said that the ego booster only can work with the epower who has the regulated switch. Can you confirm this.

I am planning to buy an 18650 Epower, making it VV with the Ego Booster, depending on your information.

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Hey tmcase!

Happy Vaping!
Jack

I got my ego booster today, 5 day shipping from Canada. :)

If you remember, I have a Riva and an ego Advanced and wasn't sure if the ego advanced was a joye ego or a knockoff Riva. Here is a pic of my Joye ego PT, Riva & ego:

ego%20comparison.jpg

You'll notice that the white ego has the gold band around the soft rubber button which has been said is a Riva knockoff and won't work with the ego booster. The blue ego PT is a genuine Joye ego (silver band and hard plastic button). I tried the booster on the blue PT first and it worked great. Brought out more flavor,TH and vapor at 4.7v. Then I tried it on the white ego and it worked great also. So maybe it is a genuine Joye ego, I don't know. Then I tried it on the Riva and it worked great for a couple of puffs but then the battery, booster & cartomizer got really hot. The booster & carto were even too hot to touch and I could here sizzling even when the button wasn't being pressed. I quickly disconnected everything and let them cool and all is well but I won't be using the booster on the Riva again. But I had to try. :blush: So I've been using the booster on the white ego for most of the day and it hasn't overheated at all and I'm really happy with it. It has revived my ego. At the higher voltage I'm now getting TH, more flavor and more vapor. So for now I am very happy with the ego booster but time will tell how well it holds up.

BTW: The booster came in a nice presentation box and an even nicer presentation box inside the outer box. This is all well and good but increases the price of the device. I would have been just as happy paying $20 less and having it come in a bubble envelope. Just my :2c:

BTW again: Maybe the color of the metal band around the button and the button itself isn't an indicator of genuine ego or knockoff. Just my :2c: again. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread