Status
Not open for further replies.

thinblueline36

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2010
Vancouver, BC Canada
tmcase,

Glad you're enjoying the Ego Booster. Indeed the unit should not be used on the Riva. The reason for the heat and sizzle is that with the Ego Booster, or atties with low enough resistance, the Riva can lock on, regardless of the button being pressed or not.

As far as the white fat batt with opaque soft rubber button, I'm glad that it's working, but I'd advise testing it with a multimeter before continuing to use the Ego Booster with it. If, without load, it meters at 3.2v - 3.4v, it's got a proper PWM MOSFET and can be used with the Ego Booster. If, without load, it meters at 3.7v or higher, then it's only a matter of time before Boosting it causes it to fail.

I got my ego booster today, 5 day shipping from Canada. :)
BTW: The booster came in a nice presentation box and an even nicer presentation box inside the outer box. This is all well and good but increases the price of the device. I would have been just as happy paying $20 less and having it come in a bubble envelope. Just my :2c:

The price of the Ego Booster was determined long before we got the nice boxes. And we got a sweet deal on the boxes. They do not increase the price of the Booster.

TBL36

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
tmcase,

Glad you're enjoying the Ego Booster. Indeed the unit should not be used on the Riva. The reason for the heat and sizzle is that with the Ego Booster, or atties with low enough resistance, the Riva can lock on, regardless of the button being pressed or not.

As far as the white fat batt with opaque soft rubber button, I'm glad that it's working, but I'd advise testing it with a multimeter before continuing to use the Ego Booster with it. If, without load, it meters at 3.2v - 3.4v, it's got a proper PWM MOSFET and can be used with the Ego Booster. If, without load, it meters at 3.7v or higher, then it's only a matter of time before Boosting it causes it to fail.

The price of the Ego Booster was determined long before we got the nice boxes. And we got a sweet deal on the boxes. They do not increase the price of the Booster.

TBL36

Thanks for the advice. I will charge my ego and then check the voltage.

Presentation box: REALLY? Well they are very nice and a pleasant surprise. I love little boxes so I'll find some use for them. :)

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
I've tested the output voltage of my ego advantage without a load and it is 3.7 - 3.8v. My Joye ego PT without a load is 3.4v so that means that my egos are knockoffs. They work great with the booster but I don't want to ruin them. I have 2 so I may use one with the booster and see how long it lasts. Thanks for straightening me out on this.

thinblueline36

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2010
Vancouver, BC Canada
... it is also said that the ego booster only can work with the epower who has the regulated switch. Can you confirm this.

Fsroq, sorry for the delay in responding to this question. We have not personally tested the Ego Booster on the epower, however, Don DaBoomVape uses his Ego Booster on a NoEgo with the 3.7v regulated switch. From what we can tell, the epower and NoEgo are very similar, so as long as the epower is powered by an IMR high drain battery, the regulated switch should work fine with the Ego Booster.

TBL36

fsroq

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2011
Spain
OK, just ordered one. Thxs.

Fsroq, sorry for the delay in responding to this question. We have not personally tested the Ego Booster on the epower, however, Don DaBoomVape uses his Ego Booster on a NoEgo with the 3.7v regulated switch. From what we can tell, the epower and NoEgo are very similar, so as long as the epower is powered by an IMR high drain battery, the regulated switch should work fine with the Ego Booster.

TBL36

slimest

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2011
Russia, Moscow
ecigroom.myqip.ru
Hi, Happy Vaper. I live in Russia. Some of my friends want to purchase your great booster, but shipping price is scary: for example I and my friend ordered 2 pieces of the booster and paid for shipping almost 40 bucks. If I ordered only one booster, the shipping could be 20 bucks. It seems to me, that shipping in a bubble envelope, without useless boxes, should lower shipping rate significantly. Could you kindly seek information about it and put it here?
Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

slimest

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2011
Russia, Moscow
ecigroom.myqip.ru
The rate depends on shipping method. In my case it is the chipest option, without a tracking number and minimum 3 weeks to deliver. If I choose standard shipping, it is about 80 bucks.
I ordered some things from US and Canada via eBay, and if a seller used a bubble envelope, it took about 7-10 dollars for small things, no more. Compare: almost 40 bucks and 10 :) Why to pay 30 bucks for boxes, if I don't need them?

Last edited:

fsroq

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2011
Spain
IMHO US venders are not keen to ship to europe. Generally they choose such expensive shipping methods, having other cheaper available, that it is impossible to buy from the US. Prices in the US are OK, shipping impossible. There are some who do it nicely like COV, from them I am buying all the stuff he has, and Bruce is a great guy, with an excellent service, just charging 6$ for shipping to Europe, but he doesn´t have the booster.

Happy Jack

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Hey guys!

Thanks for your interest in the eGo Booster!

With respect to some of the high-cost shipping options, it is definitely not our choice (to limit international sales or anything like that) nor do we make any money off of it.

For trackable options especially, shipping costs are notably higher to many locations. If you're not in a rush, we would suggest the non-trackable, Small Packet Air options which are quite reasonably priced, but they can take 2-3 weeks to some locations.

Please be aware that we have always inquired about shipping with and without the box, and it unfortunately has no impact on the cost. We are by no means tied to the packaging.

It's true that you can get better shipping pricing for eBay purchases but they are ONLY applicable to eBay sellers and, due to the nature of our products, eBay and PayPal are not options for us.

We are continuing to work with the courier companies to bring down the shipping costs for our customers.

Feel free to call or email any time!

Happy Vaping!
Jack

fsroq

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2011
Spain
Yes, not trackable would be fine. BTW, today I got your Ego booster, and 2 more packages from the US from different venders. All ordered at 24-08. One of the US vendors sended it trackable the other only charging me 6$ non trackable. And yours also trackable, wich BTW didn´t work. All ordered the same day, all received the same day. Shipping fees cheapest 6$ yours the most expensive at 15$ can. and the other US seller 16 US$. So what do you say now?

slimest

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2011
Russia, Moscow
ecigroom.myqip.ru
Today I got the booster from Happy Vapers and made some measuгements. Used Fluke 77. Measured voltage after the booster without a load and with connected atomizer 1.9 ohm. Measured on 3 positions of the dial: max, middle and min. Results are discouraging:

Without a load:

Max - 4.71
Middle - 4.00
Min - 3.28

1.9 ohm load:

Max - 3.22
Middle - 3.23
Min - 3.26

Seems that this device works correctly only without a load. I tried to vape with this thing - feels like my multimeter is right - no changes in power...
The battery - standard eGo from Joye, 900 ma-h.

I did something wrong?

Last edited:
There are two important things to remember here:

First, if you are using a multimeter to measure the voltage under load, the eGo pulses the voltage out of the battery, so the measurement you get from the multimeter might not be what you expect. Take a look a the tech video that Artisan Vaping put out, and it shows what the pulsed output looks like.

Also, when you use a LR atty with the eGo Booster and an eGo battery, you won't get the same range of adjustment as with an SR atty. This due to the limitations of the eGo Battery, and is outlined in the FAQ. If you want the full range of adjustment, you should use the eGO Booster on an SR atty, at least when using an eGo Battery.

If you want a good range of adjustment with the eGO Booster and an LR atty, you can try it on a mod with a larger battery (like an 18650) that is capable of producing enough current to drive the LR atty. Remember, the eGo battery is not really all that big, so there are limitations in the amount of current it can produce. The eGo Booster was designed to use an eGO Battery and an SR atty, and that is the best way to get the full capability out of it.

Last edited:

slimest

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2011
Russia, Moscow
ecigroom.myqip.ru
Yes, I understand how oscilloscope works and what is the difference if you measure constant or pulse voltage. But in my case my own sense absolutely the same as measuring results - no change in power. And the second thing: why my multimeter shows correct data without load and lies when I load the device? According to information from here, eGo Booster repeates eGo pulsation, so I should see approx the same data as results from just battery, without this booster.
About more powerful battery: it's true, optimal power supply for this thing should be something like AW IMR, but I did not load my eGo accumulator too much, just have a look.

Last edited:

GIMike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 15, 2009
Around OKC, OK
I've used it with both LR and SR boge cartos, and whatever atomizer came with my ego-t. I agree that the LR didn't show much difference but I did notice a difference. It made a HUGE difference with my SR cartos though. Just tried the tank last night and today, and it seems to make a pretty big difference with it too. Much more vapor and TH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread