Status
Not open for further replies.

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
I got a megga atty and carts the other day and only just got around to trying them, I find the polyfill doesn't wick well and am going to try some Fluval in them. I love the mouthpiece on them though and the atty seems to produce as much vapor as my LR 510's :)
Yeah, I'm finding I'd like something that wicks better myself. I've tried blue foam, but it didn't turn out too well. Maybe I'll try again with a different design on the shape of the foam piece. With the increased capacity, I'll bet there will be some interesting mods devised.

googled

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2009
ukvapers.com
I've had eGO XL cartos for a couple of weeks now, my experiences have been pretty much excellent. I had one bad unit which was replaced without me asking(thanks Toby) but they're cheap units and I didn't expect robustness and neither should anyone. Performance is on par with LR 510's, so much so I switched completely to them for five days after which the unit I had started to lose performance, albeit it's performing like a standard 510 now rather than an LR. I'm refilling using a large blunt syringe so it may be that the filler is being compressed, not sure.
The design is different from a standard KR808 and that acrid taste you get with them isn't present. If you've tried KR808's and been put off cartomizers, these are a completely different deal altogether and worth a try if you need a long lasting unit for driving. Another point about these is they make automatic eGo's a possibility for me now, previously I was dripping exclusively which is a no-no with automatics.

Nyxie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2009
Port Richey, Fl.
No, cartomizers do not need a "Breaking in" period. They are just designed to be "disposable", so they are not able to be cleaned. They taste gross after a few days, which is when you would normally clean a regular cartomizer. The problem is there is no way to clean them.

There is NO reason why these cant be open top, the syringe thing is there just to make sure you can not clean them. The hole at the top of the filler could just as easily be removed like on EVERY OTHER cartomizer.

These thinks are specifically designed to be difficult to refill.

That is a travesty, and makes them NOT useable in my book.

I should have taken pictures of the one I took apart, and then cut apart so everyone could see the purposefully difficult design.

Well I am sorry you feel that way, but glad you let me have 2 of yours LOL.
I took a pic of the one I melted that you gave me :-( and then my iphone ate the pic and wouldn't give it back.
I accidentally left my eGo button in a non safe place in my purse and found a melted wavy looking carto and dead battery when i came back to it. Surprisingly, the filler didn't look as burned as I thought it would after I took it apart. It actually looked more like melted plastic fused to the filler from the casing. I did have a pretty full battery when this happened and no battery left when I came back to it. So it had to be on for a long time.

I have refilled them, to me it is no worse then refilling any other carto. I also cut the skirt off of one so I could fit it on my Saber Touch.
I ordered some more , I really like them.

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Ha-- Hi guys ! Since I don't have a syringe I have been taking the cap off, filling the mouth piece and gently blowing juice in. Let it sit a while and repeat, repeat, repeat. Also using a needle tip bottle and filling from threaded end and blowing same, repeat, repeat. Has been working pretty good. Kind of a pain, but ya make do. Thinking of boring out that part that "blocks" off the filler and then maybe it will be easier to fill ?

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
These Cartos are the Bomb at 6v on my mods, and pretty good on the Ego as well, the 2.5 worth of liquid you can get in them last quite long, very simple to fill using a syringe, just keep the Batt end over the juice bottle so the excess drops back into the bottle, first time fill is like a prime, second fill of course gets better and last longer, so far I have filled mine about 10 times and it's still running like new.!!

Nyxie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2009
Port Richey, Fl.
Ha-- Hi guys ! Since I don't have a syringe I have been taking the cap off, filling the mouth piece and gently blowing juice in. Let it sit a while and repeat, repeat, repeat. Also using a needle tip bottle and filling from threaded end and blowing same, repeat, repeat. Has been working pretty good. Kind of a pain, but ya make do. Thinking of boring out that part that "blocks" off the filler and then maybe it will be easier to fill ?

LOL boring out holes. I am envisioning you doing that now LOL. I finally figured out what you meant by the skirt in that PM the other day.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal

Classwife, why don't you use your needle tip bottle to fill from the mouth end? It should work if the needle is 18 g or higher. Filling through the battery end is not advisable with this model. It's easy to knick the wires and ruin the cartomizer.

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
It is ok...it is the plastic "needle" tip. Doesn't go inside, hence blowing. I can press it flush to the hole, squirt it in . It is messy but will do till I get a syringe. I do this at both ends. Takes several times to "fill". Wont hurt any worse than "flooding".

Ha - noticed that Nyxie....how ya doin ? Slammed one of the cartos you gave me into the marble counter spinning it...LOL had it filled good too. Smashed the heck out of the silver threads.

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
I recommend these (courtesy Kent C, thanks for the link!):

https://www.rcplanet.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=RCE3000

Easier to use and much safer than syringes with sharp long needles.
That's an interesting bottle. And $2 isn't a bad price for it. Any idea of the size of the needle tip?

As I said, above, my 15 Gauge blunt tip won't fit through the hole. Not a big problem though, it works just fine as I described. If I buy some more needles, I'll get some smaller ones. Anyone know if a 17 gauge fits?

And, yeah, I agree with you about sharp needles. That's why mine are blunt.

EDIT: Gee whiz, I just went to order a couple bottles. Yeah, $1.95 each, plus $9.23 shipping. Suddenly, the price ain't so appealing.

Last edited:

sanfordf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 28, 2010
Northern San Diego county
An 18 gauge blunt needle is a tight fit, and that's after initially opening the hole some with a tiny pair of (clean!) scissors (nose hair) from a grooming kit. After many refills just holding the tip against the top section of the hole, it did work it's way into the fluid reservoir. Now I fill from the bottom up slowly spinning the carto and retracting the needle until I get about 1.8 mls in. I also do this while the threaded end condom is securely in place. I still get occasional leaking. Easy to clean inside the threaded area with a tissue.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
That's an interesting bottle. And $2 isn't a bad price for it. Any idea of the size of the needle tip?

As I said, above, my 15 Gauge blunt tip won't fit through the hole. Not a big problem though, it works just fine as I described. If I buy some more needles, I'll get some smaller ones. Anyone know if a 17 gauge fits?

And, yeah, I agree with you about sharp needles. That's why mine are blunt.

17 g needle may be too big. My understanding is that even 18 g is a tight squeeze.

The needles on those bottles are around 20g, so they are perfect. [The higher the number, the thinner the needle, not the other way around!]

To avoid flooding, keep the protective cap on the battery end and go very slowly.

Last edited:

thelook

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2010
Madison, Wisconsin
17 g needle may be too big. My understanding is that even 18 g is a tight squeeze.

The needles on those bottles are around 20g, so they are perfect. [The higher the number, the thinner the needle, not the other way around!]

To avoid flooding, keep the protective cap on the batterey end and go very slowly.

I may be mistaken I have been once or twice in my life( yeah I am on my 3rd and last marriage):D...lol
Whatever it is, it is marked for 6ML and works pretty good, jut letting it sit and drip.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread