Status
Not open for further replies.

lilith79

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2010
MI
I LOVE my Tornado. I initially bought a disp 510 to see if I liked vaping, and I bought a Tornado (in less than a week) after doing the research as I wanted something with better battery life. Holy crap is there ever a difference between the disp and the Tornado!!! I love it. The only thing I'm concerned with is that I do have a USB 510 charger, and I tried it with the Tornado and the Tornado got rather warm, so I stopped the charge. Thoughts?

lashmn

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2009
SW FL (Naples)
I LOVE my Tornado. I initially bought a disp 510 to see if I liked vaping, and I bought a Tornado (in less than a week) after doing the research as I wanted something with better battery life. Holy crap is there ever a difference between the disp and the Tornado!!! I love it. The only thing I'm concerned with is that I do have a USB 510 charger, and I tried it with the Tornado and the Tornado got rather warm, so I stopped the charge. Thoughts?

Are you using the adapter with the charger? I received mine today and love it. I've always been an 801 user but this is great. I'm using it with an HV atomizer and mega carts. :D

Lynn

Kelemvor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2009
Germany NRW
The only thing I'm concerned with is that I do have a USB 510 charger, and I tried it with the Tornado and the Tornado got rather warm, so I stopped the charge. Thoughts?

heyo lillith79, if this usb charger you have is from one of these semidisposable cheap 510 sets. don't use it on any other battery than the disp 510. it delivers 5V voltage and may harm your eGo ;)

Last edited:

NatureBoy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2010
Peterborough, ON, Canada
My Day 1 with the Tornado
------------------------------

Excitedly opened my package. Was a little dismayed to see there were dark grey smudge marks on some of the parts (batteries and cone). I was expecting a different texture.. this almost feels like ceramic. Dirt magnets I fear. Anyway, I cleaned everything off and all was good.

Blew out the primer. Loaded up one of the carts, 0 nic, but dripped a few drops of nhale french vanilla coffee. Vapor and flavor pretty good, but nothing mind blowing. Certainly not much more than my 084. When the nhale juice was gone, OMFG the tobacco cart tasted absolutely vile.. like musty old wool socks.. disgusting. I washed it out and filled it with some of my own juice... which isn't very good, but much better than that crap.

I like the look of them, though I don't know why they stuck the devil upside down.. I guess they expect people to use it with the button on the bottom? Not me.... would have been nice if they included a little pouch at least, but nuthin.

So far, my impressions are kinda meh at this point. It's a nice unit, I like the size, shape and feel, but I'm really not getting much more vapor out of it than I get from my 084, and that really, really surprises me. Other than that though, I really like the looks of it.. very stylish.

I guess I'll play around with it for a few more days, hopefully it gets better.

Last edited:

brooke.bradford

Feb 7, 2010
Utah
Now I just wish someone would come up with a lanyard or other devise so I could hang it around my neck. I don't care for having it in my pocket, too worried about pressing the button accidentally.

I made a lanyard using some braided yarn (my lady does a lot of knitting) connected to a hair tie made by Goody called the "Stayput". The hair tie has exposed rubber ribs through it, so it grips the battery well if you wrap it snug... Dare I say you can get them at wallmart 8-o?. You can get them at CVS or Walgreens, too

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
Is this model only sold under T.W. and Janty? Not really nuts about the devil thing and for the same price the janty only comes with one Atomizer.

One other vendor now carries the eGo. Same kit at Janty's site. So far only TW seems to include 2 atty's. The Janty kits come with the usb quick charger which is $13 at TW. I think the eGo is the actually the better deal.
Yeah the janty one comes with 1 atty, but comes with the usb quick charger and a way better warranty (3mo batteries/6mo attys)
But there is another vendor (I think it's wordupecigs or something like that) that hs the basic janty kit for the same price but an expanded kit for $40 more that includes a car charger adapter, 5 more regular carts, a mega atty, 5 mega carts, and a 30ml bottle of juice..

Jimmy_2k9

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2009
Hamilton, Oh
My Day 1 with the Tornado
------------------------------

Excitedly opened my package. Was a little dismayed to see there were dark grey smudge marks on some of the parts (batteries and cone). I was expecting a different texture.. this almost feels like ceramic. Dirt magnets I fear. Anyway, I cleaned everything off and all was good.

Blew out the primer. Loaded up one of the carts, 0 nic, but dripped a few drops of nhale french vanilla coffee. Vapor and flavor pretty good, but nothing mind blowing. Certainly not much more than my 084. When the nhale juice was gone, OMFG the tobacco cart tasted absolutely vile.. like musty old wool socks.. disgusting. I washed it out and filled it with some of my own juice... which isn't very good, but much better than that crap.

I like the look of them, though I don't know why they stuck the devil upside down.. I guess they expect people to use it with the button on the bottom? Not me.... would have been nice if they included a little pouch at least, but nuthin.

So far, my impressions are kinda meh at this point. It's a nice unit, I like the size, shape and feel, but I'm really not getting much more vapor out of it than I get from my 084, and that really, really surprises me. Other than that though, I really like the looks of it.. very stylish.

I guess I'll play around with it for a few more days, hopefully it gets better.

So the TW tobacco liquid is nasty huh? Well, thats terrible since I ordered two bottles of it with my Tornado... :(

NosferatusCoffin

Feb 15, 2010
NC
Hi all,

I am new here, but have been looking around for awhile for the best e-cig that will suit my needs. After poking around here some, and seeing the glowing reviews for the TW, I decided to plunk down the $87 for the starter TW kit.

I actually (gasp!) tried the KnightSticks trial, which frankly was not bad. (Had a pleasant clove flavor, but it took some serious puffing to get any vapor, but did not suit my needs). This looks one that might be good for me. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Thanks for all of the information here. Much appreciated! :)

OMB

ECF Veteran
Dec 9, 2009
Western NC
Got my Tornado this morning...I'm loving it!! My niquid is pretty weak, and I'm awaiting an order from TV in hopes that higher nic will keep me away from analogs once and for all!!
I have the black Tornado. It's a very handsome PV. The cone, IMHO, adds to the look. I have not tried to vape w/out the cone...yet. Two things to add:
1. Mine came with a small pouch, but it seems not everyone got that
2. I don't think any thought went into the position of the devil logo on the battery. Mine has his chin pointing at 2 o'clock when I have the button down (on the bottom). They probably just get stuck on however in the machine that slaps them together.
So far, so good!! I'm really enjoying my Tornado!!! Extra bats, etc when I have $$.

Slighter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2009
Chicago Illinois
Originally Posted by scylla View Post
Now I just wish someone would come up with a lanyard or other devise so I could hang it around my neck. I don't care for having it in my pocket, too worried about pressing the button accidentally.
I made a lanyard using some braided yarn (my lady does a lot of knitting) connected to a hair tie made by Goody called the "Stayput". The hair tie has exposed rubber ribs through it, so it grips the battery well if you wrap it snug... Dare I say you can get them at wallmart 8-o?. You can get them at CVS or Walgreens, too
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...on/70619-tornado-ego-carrying-suggestion.html

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
All you Tornado owners, you must try the mega atties and carts, if you love it now, just wait till you get these babies in. It makes the standard sizes feel and vape like a joke.

I'l just wait til Janty comes out with their tesla filter...or at least til someone else starts carrying the megas

NatureBoy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2010
Peterborough, ON, Canada
So the TW tobacco liquid is nasty huh? Well, thats terrible since I ordered two bottles of it with my Tornado... :(
You might like it.... I smelled it and it smells like musty socks. Tastes like it too. I really did not care for it at all. Maybe it was a bad batch or something.

On the plus side, my Tornado seems to be vaping better now. Bit of a learning curve, break in period, etc I guess.

NatureBoy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2010
Peterborough, ON, Canada
All you Tornado owners, you must try the mega atties and carts, if you love it now, just wait till you get these babies in. It makes the standard sizes feel and vape like a joke.
What specifically makes the atty work better than the regular one? Mega carts don't really come in to play in relation to vapor production, so I can pass on those... I really don't like the look of lady cigarettes, and using those brings it awfully close to that... however I'd consider using the larger atties if there's something to them that actually makes them better, and isn't just a placebo.

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
What specifically makes the atty work better than the regular one? Mega carts don't really come in to play in relation to vapor production, so I can pass on those... I really don't like the look of lady cigarettes, and using those brings it awfully close to that... however I'd consider using the larger atties if there's something to them that actually makes them better, and isn't just a placebo.
The mega atties are the same atties just with a longer shell..but you have to use them to use the mega carts and vice versa...the only point is to hold more liquid..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread