The Totally Wicked Tornado - Day 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

googled

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2009
ukvapers.com
I just sanded the black finish off my eGo, check it out.

Janty do the eGo in steel now as a spare part battery :
eGo_Battery___Ch_4b583dff024b7.jpg

Bit late for you though :).

MalabarFront

Feb 5, 2010
Virginia
As a prospective vaper, I've been spending a lot of time reading reviews and I finally settled on the Tornado - largely due to its battery life.

I certainly haven't been disappointed. Of course, I don't have any personal experience to draw from but I can say that I've been vaping for 24 hours on a single charge since I got it Thursday. :)

I ordered it from Totally Wicked on Monday morning and I was pleased with how fast it got here. (Especially because we're in the middle of yet another crippling snow storm and I knew if it didn't get here before Friday then USPS wouldn't get it here until Monday.) 8-o

They were out of black so I got the platinum kit. It turns at that it looks pretty good (IMHO). I've only had one analog since I got the Tornado and that was just to assure myself that I wasn't really missing anything. It took me a little while to get the knack of vaping but now I can see myself switching completely.

I did have a bit of a cerebral malfunction when I started out, though. The kit comes with 10 carts and I forgot that they come in a range of nicotine strengths. The wrappers do have markings on them but they're not easy to read (at least for me) so I just grabbed one in my excitement to try out the new toy. Well, despite the odds, I had managed to launch my vaping experience with the only zero mg cart in the bunch! :p

Once I figured that out I was a lot more positive about e-cigs.

googled

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2009
ukvapers.com
As a prospective vaper, I've been spending a lot of time reading reviews and I finally settled on the Tornado - largely due to its battery life.

You've cheated yourself out of the battery carousel a lot of us had to go through - I had 5 901 batteries in rotation at one point before I made a passthrough and even then when I got a 510 and experienced vaping perfection with the standard manual battery I ended back on the battery charging wagon till I got a TorneGo.

debook

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2010
CO
Well, despite the odds, I had managed to launch my vaping experience with the only zero mg cart in the bunch! :p

Ha MF, did that on Wednesday morning, was running late so I just grabbed some juice and spare batts and carts to throw in my bag, put one of the pre-filled carts on for the ride in. Thought I had put one of the high strength ones on but it was the zero, Duh! Wasn't bad actually, but I could tell I wasn't getting any nic.

Keep us posted on your Tornado experience, and congrats on not having to spend the $$$ on several different kits to find the right one for you. Although I would gladly spend much more to get off analogs, it would have been nice to start with something as nice as the tornado and then add a HV if needed /desired.

Allan

Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
NJ
Does any one have and like the platinum? TW US is sold out on black. River?
I was in the same boat.. In fact, I was on the site, scrolling through accessories and ready to purchase when the black listing switched to "Out of Stock". I was bummed, but had gotten so excited (?) I ordered the platinum. I still would have preferred the black but the plat. is fine, not garish but not as nice as I think the black would have been. But- the thing just plain works, and I haven't even gone to the mega atomizer/carts that I ordered with it.

MonsterKenny

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2009
dublin ohio
www.provape.com
Got my tornado.. Have the Plat. and love it. except for..
experiencing the burnt taste of the 510 atty's and it will only use a little bit of the liquid in the carts. Is there a way to make the carts empty (last longer)? i end up having to top off, or drip quite often. Im using flat tips and round tips. Same effect on both.
Im thinking about fitting the battery with a 901 atty and carts. Ive had good luck with the liquid usage on them.

Last edited:

MonsterKenny

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2009
dublin ohio
www.provape.com
MK, if you haven't already look up Pyramid tea bag, blue foam and other mods for 510 carts, they help with the keep the atty wet and hold more liquid.

Thanks book, Would you suggest which mod would be best? Thank you. Ive been vaping for a while now and havnt really tried any mods.

MonsterKenny

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2009
dublin ohio
www.provape.com
I personally love the blue foam mods for my carts (901 and 510). It uses every bit of the juice too! IMHO the 2nd version is better than the 1st version and the blue dart mod.

Edit: PTB usually floods my attys and I won't use PTB with auto battery.
can i ask what the second version is? is there a link for this?
You might also try the ADM- Automatic Drip Mod, it's one of the simpler mods and works well.
do you have a link for this method?

ECCO

Feb 7, 2010
NH
I bought the battery, fast charge usb and a cone. Then a 501-901 adapter as I'm not a fan of the 510. The battery life is really good and the 4075 atomiser is perfect...:)

So does that mean I could use the 510 atomisers I already have, just buy the cone and battery, and be all set? It would be odd looking (especially since TW only has white in stock at the moment), but it would save a pretty penny and let me keep what I already have in use...

debook

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2010
CO
Ecco...it really is that simple, just an adaptor to the 510 charger but it will take 3-4 hours to charge the Tornado batts. The USB rapid charger is worth the $$$ IMO although with 2 batts the time is hardly an issue the batteries last that long.

MK...I use the Pyramid tea bag mod, carried over from the 510 I used to use. The blue foam has a taste to me I don;t care when carts get low (it stays with me for some reason) for but others love it, I suggest you try them all and find the one that works for you. I rarely get to half a cart fill before topping off though, no flooding and excellent juice to the atty - no flooding. Just don't overfill or you'll be tasting e-juice, not fun.

Still absolutely loving the Tornado, excellent 3.7V PV and still highly recommended for everyone that likes the 510. I vaped my 510 this afternoon just for fun, wanted to go back to my Tornado the whole time....its similar but better, better vape overall.

Also tried the Tornado without the cone tonight, not a huge difference but as i tend to chain vape at night (I used to smoke the same way) the cone keeps it more consistent. The 510 atty has less flavor and throat hit the hotter it gets, seems like the cone keeps this in check to some degree.

This is so much fun, I don't profess to be an e-cig expert by any means but I do have a love of smoking (nico addict anyone?) and a love of gadgets so e-cigs satisfy me on many levels. I still have somewhat of a habit but and am off tobacco...could not be happier. Have an xhaler from nhaler coming this week, think this will be my perfect storm.

Told the wife today if someone laid a pack of Marlboro Lights and my Tornado with Halo Harley56 in front of me, I would pick up the Tornado...no joke, I am totally over analogs. I don't care if I vape the rest of my life, its better than where I started from. I feel better, enjoy it more, and my kid is finally on board with vaping instead of smoking...I have reached that point of epiphany where vaping outdoes smoking by a wide margin, thanks for letting me rant and vent.

Now to get my wife and brother along with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread