eGO - who is the patent holder?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been talking with the eGO manufacturer joyetech. They state they hold the patent for the eGO and Janty is a distributor for their products. On several places on the Janty website they say that they are the designer and manufacturer of their products. If Janty is the designer/patent holder/manufacturer for the eGO, how is joyetech selling the same product to Totally Wicked (tornado) as well.

aphlaque_duck

ECF Veteran
Apr 30, 2010
San Jose, CA
I have been talking with the eGO manufacturer joyetech. They state they hold the patent for the eGO and Janty is a distributor for their products. On several places on the Janty website they say that they are the designer and manufacturer of their products. If Janty is the designer/patent holder/manufacturer for the eGO, how is Joyetech selling the same product to Totally Wicked (tornado) as well.

For several reasons, I find it inconceivable that a patent would have been issued for it. What's the #?

For something that is essentially a cosmetic improvement over existing products, you might be able to claim "trade dress" protection, but that's it.

aphlaque_duck

ECF Veteran
Apr 30, 2010
San Jose, CA
The eGO is hardly a cosmetic improvement. It is a unique, improved battery. The cone might be dismissed as cosmetic, but it too is unique.

I wasn't knocking its performance - I have one and love it. But what specific features do you think are innovative and patentable? The cone is the only thing I can possibly imagine and that is quite a stretch.

candre23

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2010
NJ
chipandre.com
Those batteries are what many have been asking for, for a long time.
Long life in a smaller size.

Did they do nothing worthy of a patent in designing that?
Nope. They didn't invent a new type of battery or anything, they just stuck a slightly larger li-ion cell into a slightly larger tube. You can't just scale up an existing design and call it new. And besides, they're hardly the first manufacturer to stick a larger li-ion cell in a larger tube anyway. Replaceable-cell mods have been doing that since the beginning. Deciding to make the battery non-replaceable is not "innovation" by any means.

BuzzKill

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2009
Central Coast Ca.
www.notcigs.com
Whether some one designed it first does NOT stop someone from attempting a patent , take the telephone 2 patents were issued the same day first to the punch WINS ! Bell won by HOURS .

IF the prior Art were present to the public for a certain amount of time then it is possible for the original designer to claim that it was public knowledge. THIS IS IN THE USA !!! , an over seas patent is TOTALLY different .

I am NOT a patent lawyer but have gone through the process many times , ( disclaimer to the accuracy of what I presented ! )
Lawyer speak !!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread