Status
Not open for further replies.

OhTheAgony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2011
Netherlands
Well i must say i have kayfun in my heart because it was my first rta 2 years ago but this v5 is way to big for me, it looks like a torpedo, loool. But i know it is great in performance. Right now i will keep this bachelor among with 2 other rta's, billow v2 nano and serpent mini. No intentions of buying anything else for now. but.... i'm a vaper so never say never :p

Yeah, the regular version is pretty huge:

28144249544_e12a178f1e_b.jpg

SXK makes a 3ml mini version though, FT sells it without a logo and 3fvape has it with the logo if you want to have a look. I haven't seen a review for the mini yet though, and it'll be a while before mine comes in.

Reactions: Ramsay Bolton

Jim_ MDP

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
serpent mini

I still haven't had issues with my Bachelors and have a second, cleaned but un-built, Nano.

However... I do love the Lil' Serpent too. Many of us in this thread do.
And I found out some detail about the new 25mm version yesterday.

We were wondering how they would do single coil on the Velocity deck. Insert perhaps?
No... they include a swappable larger version of the Mini's single coil design.

Remember to roll Lefty. :p

Still new and pricy, and SS only so far... but Eciggity has a 20% sale going until the Deeming.

We now return you to your regular Bachelor programming. :D

Reactions: OhTheAgony

Zimaia

Jan 22, 2015
Portugal
Yeah, the regular version is pretty huge:

28144249544_e12a178f1e_b.jpg

SXK makes a 3ml mini version though, FT sells it without a logo and 3fvape has it with the logo if you want to have a look. I haven't seen a review for the mini yet though, and it'll be a while before mine comes in.

I still haven't had issues with my Bachelors and have a second, cleaned but un-built, Nano.

However... I do love the Lil' Serpent too. Many of us in this thread do.
And I found out some detail about the new 25mm version yesterday.

We were wondering how they would do single coil on the Velocity deck. Insert perhaps?
No... they include a swappable larger version of the Mini's single coil design.

Remember to roll Lefty. :p

Still new and pricy, and SS only so far... but Eciggity has a 20% sale going until the Deeming.

We now return you to your regular Bachelor programming. :D

Don't give me ideas got damm it!!!! :p

My 2 setups are this ones, plus a billow v2 nano.

File%2004-08-16%2016%2042%2042_zpsf42owefu.jpg

Last edited:

Zimaia

Jan 22, 2015
Portugal
Haha, that's how we dooooo :D

Unlike Jim I'm not a big fan of the Serpent mini personally, it's not bad but it's nothing special neither imo. But it does have a huge following so it must be me (go KV5 mini!).

Good luck
24639996112_5365340198_o.gif

the secret of Serpent mini is the wicking, it makes all the difference at the end. Many owners like to place cotton in the channels all way till the bottom, i saw a review of Rip Drippers doing that way but there are more reviewers wicking like that in serpent.

I place the cotton like this photo, i think it's the better way.

image_zpsgothpyja.jpeg

The photo is not mine it is just an example of how i wick the Serpent mini

Jim_ MDP

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
Don't give me ideas got damm it!!!! :p

My 2 setups are this ones, plus a billow v2 nano.

Too late. :D

Nice Pico. I've got a Black-Out that got on FT's slow boat Monday. Another week I'd guess.

But it does have a huge following so it must be me

Not sayin' "it's you", but... it's you. :p

Reactions: Zimaia

Zimaia

Jan 22, 2015
Portugal
That's exactly how I wick it as well. Works like a dream and no leaks so far. Can't find anything to match the flavor a serpent mini puts off. Just ordered another a couple days ago.

Well there is in fact a tank that beats all competition in flavour imo, Billow v2 nano. The best flavour tank i've ever had. As you guys know a lot of tanks sell because they are hypes, billow v2 nano never was a hype in the market and is absolutely underestimated

Last edited:

OhTheAgony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2011
Netherlands
the secret of Serpent mini is the wicking, it makes all the difference at the end. Many owners like to place cotton in the channels all way till the bottom, i saw a review of Rip Drippers doing that way but there are more reviewers wicking like that in serpent.

I place the cotton like this photo, i think it's the better way.

image_zpsgothpyja.jpeg

The photo is not mine it is just an example of how i wick the Serpent mini

Yeah, I got it right eventually but frankly the little tank is just too hot for me to enjoy it. That's not it's fault though, that's entirely me unfortunately.

I still think there are better options out there though, but different strokes for different folks I guess.

Not sayin' "it's you", but... it's you. :p

Did you ever try any of the Kayfun V5 clones? If not you're really missing out..
poking-with-stick-smiley-emoticon.gif

Jim_ MDP

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
but frankly the little tank is just too hot for me to enjoy it. That's not it's fault though, that's entirely me unfortunately.

I think you posted that in the Serpent thread and I forgot about it.
That'll kill it. :(

Did you ever try any of the Kayfun V5 clones? If not you're really missing out..

I can't MTL anymore.
I do try fairly often, but my tanks are all DL of one stripe or another so I can never be sure if I just need a dedicated MTL atty to make it work again.
So I have been looking at them, including the KF line, just haven't popped any into a cart.

The last time I tried a MTL topper was months ago when I dug out a K ProTank 2 or 3.
Bottom air (sucks), high-ish res head, and it puked all over my hand. :mad:

Still, I automatically lung hit it. o_O

OhTheAgony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2011
Netherlands
I can't MTL anymore.

I don't MTL neither.

I'm no expert but according to the die-hard Kayfun fans this is not a MTL tank, even with the optional MTL kit most still seem to find it too airy.

While I find that difficult to understand; with the airflow fully opened (you can "cheat" it and leave ALL the airflow holes open instead of choosing one of the four settings, real nifty system they came up with) it isn't that much more restricted then the Bachelor and - Nano.

It is a restricted DL RTA imo, that's how I use it anyway.

Reactions: Jim_ MDP

OhTheAgony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2011
Netherlands
That's interesting.
Not sure why I have it lumped in with the MTL products, reading the wrong reviews perhaps.

Well, that is what they're known for (Kayfuns i mean) :)

I just put the VT200 up for sale by the way. It is a nice mod but I just don't find it comfortable enough to hold, looks like I'll be sticking to the smaller mods from now on. Too bad because I really wanted a Therion, lol

I see they list a width of 47mm or 1.85" for the SMY SDNA. Can you confirm that that's just at the widest point at the top, and if yes how wide is it below that point?

Jim_ MDP

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
I see they list a width of 47mm or 1.85" for the SMY SDNA. Can you confirm that that's just at the widest point at the top, and if yes how wide is it below that point?

Oddly, I haven't seen a tape measure for a couple of years, let's improvise...

The SMY is nearly identical in all dimensions to the VTC.
The SMY is... slightly thinner at the base, and the grip bulges out a tad plus the "horn" at the top.

These are the VTC's numbers from JT's site...
Size: 22.20*38.20*82.00mm

That 47mm must be at the "horn".
So I'd guess the base as ~ 22 * 38mm, the majority of the grip length as ~ 41-42mm.
And it's 1-1.5mm taller than the VTC.

Close enough?
I was too bored to go see what SMY lists it as. :)

Last edited:

OhTheAgony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2011
Netherlands
Oddly, I haven't seen a tape measure for a couple of years, let's improvise...

The SMY is nearly identical in all dimensions to the VTC.
The SMY is... slightly thinner at the base, and the grip bulges out a tad plus the "horn" at the top.

These are the VTC's numbers from JT's site...
Size: 22.20*38.20*82.00mm

That 47mm must be at the "horn".
So I'd guess the base as ~ 22 * 38mm, the majority of the grip length as ~ 41-42mm.
And it's 1-1.5mm taller than the VTC.

Close enough?
I was too bored to go see what SMY lists it as. :)

Calipers should work too
24462279700_2cc68e3b1d_o.gif

Seriously though, you don't have a ruler handy when you're behind your computer?

If I see a new mod that interests me the first thing I do is pick up one of my mods and the tape-measure to check and compare the dimensions, lol

But I get the picture, thanks

Jim_ MDP

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
Calipers should work too
24462279700_2cc68e3b1d_o.gif

Seriously though, you don't have a ruler handy when you're behind your computer?

If I see a new mod that interests me the first thing I do is pick up one of my mods and the tape-measure to check and compare the dimensions, lol

But I get the picture, thanks

No calipers either.
Though I damn near included a digital with those FT orders last weekend.
Except, all those little powered doo-dads... FT include the batteries, kills the shipping time.
Maybe I'll check Amazon.

Why would being at the comp matter?

Guessing you mean an onscreen ruler...
First, I don't know if MM measurements would be easy... or accurate.

Second... I've modded the registry on this little 10" Lenovo convertible.
It normally has an 800x600 max res.
Now it's 1152x864.

But that's not the proper ratio for the display... it's a tad "smooshed".
No good for "precision"... but a lot more screen real estate. :)

eta: Oh... reading your post again I get it...
"If I see a new mod that interests me the first thing I do is pick up one of my mods and the tape-measure to check and compare the dimensions, lol"

No... I don't do that. :p

OhTheAgony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2011
Netherlands
Yeah, it's just because I do most of my research and discoveries from behind my computer, no brick and mortar stores anywhere near enough to check them out irl unfortunately.

I started putting a small tape-measure and tiny calipers (it's actually a pen with calipers on the back, lol) on my desk when researching knives when I still collected those, but they work great for mods & the likes as well :)

Reactions: Jim_ MDP
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread