Ejuice calculator (added quantity calculations)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL
thanx, last question, regarding VG, what % water/alcohol is common? that covers about all i need to know :)

Depends on how much VG you use, some people dont use any as they feel the PG thins it enough. I would go with 10% of any amount of VG you add. So for 5ml VG I would add .5ml Vodka.

Hope this helps
Dan

Joe81

ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2009
USA
Depends on how much VG you use, some people dont use any as they feel the PG thins it enough. I would go with 10% of any amount of VG you add. So for 5ml VG I would add .5ml Vodka.

Hope this helps
Dan
yea i'm not sure if i'll bother with VG, but i also asked in case i wanted to add some throat hit with alcohol when i move down to lower nic...thanx for the info! hopefully i can return the favor later with a nice flavor recipe :p

AnglVapin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2009
Cajunland - Louisiana
Ok,
VaporX here is what I did, I added a new section the allows you to enter two different nicotine jucie quantites and mg strengths, and it calculates the new mg strength based on the # of ml and mg%.

Now you can take that number and use it as your base number in the original section and set up the target nic level and it will give you the appropriate recipie.

ejuice calculator version 3

I hope this will help you :)

Here is a screenie:
ejuice3.jpg

I hope it illustrates what you are trying to accomplish.
Dan

Ahhh...you are my hero! :) I have been going bongers trying to figure it out when using two different strengths! Thank you for making it so easy. :thumbs:

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
with 30% or lower VG, do i still need to thin it out with water/alcohol, or will 70%pg,etc. be fine

Hey joker
That's the % I've been using for the last 2 weeks or so. I've not been thinning the VG and so far so good. Naked 36mg and NOW brand VG at 66/33.

Luck

Joe81

ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2009
USA
Hey joker
That's the % I've been using for the last 2 weeks or so. I've not been thinning the VG and so far so good. Naked 36mg and NOW brand VG at 66/33.

Luck
Olderthan dirt is right at 30/70 you dont need to thin. I prefer 20/80 myself but hey that is just me.
Hope this helps
Dan
thanx for the help guys, i will try out 20/25/30% & figure it out from there...:)

laurieok

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2009
Ohio
I know I am really challenged in the math department, so if someone can help I would appreciate it. I have flavored 12mg nic and I want to up it to 18mg. I also have 60mg unflavored nic, so I am going to add the unflavored to up the 12mg to 18mg. Ok...my thinking is there are 20 drops to a ml and if I add 3 drops of 60mg unflavored to 17 drops of 12mg that should make it 18mg....right?????? If I am wrong please someone let me know! I just can't seem to get it! Thanks

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
I know I am really challenged in the math department, so if someone can help I would appreciate it. I have flavored 12mg nic and I want to up it to 18mg. I also have 60mg unflavored nic, so I am going to add the unflavored to up the 12mg to 18mg. Ok...my thinking is there are 20 drops to a ml and if I add 3 drops of 60mg unflavored to 17 drops of 12mg that should make it 18mg....right?????? If I am wrong please someone let me know! I just can't seem to get it! Thanks

Good morning laurie. Take heart that you're not the only math-challenged soul around here! I just played around with dan's version 5 calculator and I come up with 1 drop 60mg to 8 drops 12mg will get ya 17.33mg.

My math is terrible but in playing around with this calculator I'd like to think I'm learning... something? :confused:

Don't take my 1 to 8 as correct laurie, need to have it verified by any of the 'countless' members who do get the math!

Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL
Good morning laurie. Take heart that you're not the only math-challenged soul around here! I just played around with dan's version 5 calculator and I come up with 1 drop 60mg to 8 drops 12mg will get ya 17.33mg.

My math is terrible but in playing around with this calculator I'd like to think I'm learning... something? :confused:

Don't take my 1 to 8 as correct laurie, need to have it verified by any of the 'countless' members who do get the math!

That's pretty close.

Using Dan's calculator section 4:

15 parts 12mg + 2 parts 60mg = 18mg

Thanks so much!!! Like I said...I can't do math! :( Maybe it will "click" eventually!
I hope so.

Thanks for the support guys in my absence, I have been up to busy in my BS degree hehe. And Laurie support is here if you have any more questions. Read the thread and download the lastest version of the calculator I have tried to incorporate almost every senario. If you guys want somthing added dont hesitate to ask for it I will try my best to add all reasonable suggestions. I am working on adding in ALL the flavor lists and their criteria, so that is in the works.
Dan

Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL

KevinD872

ECF Veteran

KevinD872

ECF Veteran
If you guys want somthing added dont hesitate to ask for it I will try my best to add all reasonable suggestions. I am working on adding in ALL the flavor lists and their criteria, so that is in the works.
Dan

Your recipe calculator is one of the finest contributions to this forum IMHO. I do have some suggestions, but feel bad to even ask since it's so nice as it is. Do what you wish with them (implement them or not), I won't be offended!

1) For drops, the sheet assumes 20 drops = 1 ml. You could have a box where the user can enter how many drops his/her dropper takes to equal 1 ml and use that in your equations.
2) For flavorings, often someone will say: 60% this, 30% that, and 10% other. This is obviously getting much more complicated (for you), but for the flavorings, you could support up to 4 or 5 flavors and be able to enter what percent or "parts" for each one with an extra box to "name" it so the user doesn't forget which one is which.
3) Maybe a separate section for plain PG and plain VG? A while back I asked what ratio you used and you said 80/20 (PG/VG). I plan to just pre-mix that and use for each recipe. Of course, if I have 48mg PG flavorless juice and make recipes, the ACTUAL end ratio of PG/VG will vary depending on how much of the nic juice is needed which depends on what strength each batch is, if you follow me. So a person could say, "I like a ratio of 80% PG and 20% VG. My PG nic juice is 48mg, and I want 20% total flavors. How much flavors, plain PG, plain VG, and 48mg nic juice do I need to keep the 80/20 ratio and end up with 15ml of a 12mg batch?

See..... now why did you ask for suggestions? :oops: I honestly feel like these suggestions are almost out of line and I owe you an apology! I think the reason for that is because your calculator is so handy that I can't think of any simple thing you could change to make it any better. Well, except maybe #1. For #2, even I could probably figure my way through that on my own if needed. And of course #3 is just ridiculous. While the end PG/VG ratio would change slightly in different recipes (strengths), I hardly think it would be noticable unless you were making it by the gallon! :)

One thing that is nice about your calculator is that it is easy to use. No sense in making it over-complicated.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread