The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

ejuice gone bad?

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by holly6237, Jun 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. holly6237

holly6237 Full Member

Apr 28, 2010
    Las Vegas
    Hello all. I've had a 510 for about two months, it's my first ecig, and I absolutely love it!!

So, I have only bought juice from one place (100% PG), I like their flavors and the customer service is great. But I decided to try a different place because they have some different flavors and I wanted to try a VG/PG mix, also they have a great reputation on here.

I ordered key lime, banana split and caramel. It only took about five days to get them. All three were the same color of dark brown and about a third of the key lime had leaked out when I got them, and all of them had this strange smell to them, you can sort of smell the flavors too, but mostly this bad smell. I thought maybe it's the VG/PG mix (I have no idea what VG is supposed to taste/smell like).

I tried each one and they are all HORRIBLE. They make me gag and I don't taste any of the flavors. I would rather smoke the liquid that comes in a new atomizer than this stuff, that's how bad it is.

I thought maybe it was me so I've had 4 other people try them over the last few weeks and all of them gagged and tried to get the awful flavor out of their mouths. I tried to clean the atomizer every way I know how and couldn't get the taste and smell out it, I finally just threw it away.

So did the juice go bad? What could have caused this in just a few days?

2. Distorted.Clarity

Distorted.Clarity Moved On ECF Veteran

juice doesn't go bad. i have some i made and just threw in the back of my room for when i need them. also i took some old juice to the river and it baked in the sun a good bit still was good. i would have talked to CS and figured out what went wrong.
    you could mix your own and know that you are getting what you want though. it is much cheaper and you can make small batches to see if you like it before going with a large batch.

-edit: how new are you to vaping? because the nasty taste could be from the atty.

3. Shaka

Shaka Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 2, 2010
    Honolulu, HI
    Agree with Clarity about talking to the supplier.

Juice doesn't go bad in 5 days. If they're an ecf supplier with a great reputation, I'm sure they will do whatever's needed to make it all good for you.

Shoot them an email and see what happens. If that doesn't get a response (I'm sure it will) start a thread on their forum...that should get their attention.

4. CaptJay

CaptJay Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jan 3, 2010
    A Brit, abroad, (USA)
    Sometimes as well you get juice and it smells like chemicals or perfume then a few days later it smells ok and tastes fine. Some juice needs time to mature, some is just..not good lol. VG btw will make your juices thicker and slightly sweeter; I use an 80/20 PG/VG mix on pretty much all my jucies and they are fine. I even have a few 100% VG (cos thats all they came in from that supplier) I doubt its the VG thats causing issues.

5. PaulCincy

PaulCincy Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 12, 2010
    Cincinnati OH
    Hello, not know where you ordered from is hard to determine the quality of the dealer you bought the juice from. It it is one from the supplier list on this forum, then it should be pretty good and reliable...I have bought juice from about 7 different companies and only one located in Hawaii was the juice soo bad, that I just dumped it...So now, I just go with the ones I know are good...Also, check out the juice section of this forum,,,it helped me a lot on what and where to buy my juice....Take care and Enjoy...

6. Xanax

Xanax Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 28, 2010
    East Coast
    To OP: what Paul said about knowing the supplier is true and important. Also- juice CAN go bad. It is possible to develope bacteria in the juice. If your juice was leaking like you said when it arrived- some foreign contaminants could have been introduced. Just saying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Haytoni

Haytoni Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 20, 2010
    N.W. Florida
    If it's been hot there as it has been here in Fl. I'll bet it killed the juice in transit ....(shipping) ..The juice is to be kept cold, and last I knew those mail trucks aren't kept cool, least the ones here aren't, she rides around with a window open. Think about it, it's takes about 3 or 4 days from vendor to you, then laying in your postal box doesn't help either. Just my opinion.

8. PaulCincy

Feb 12, 2010
    Cincinnati OH
    Never really thought about the mail time and where the juice is sitting during the mailing time....Maybe, we should all order our juice for a whole year during the winter months...
    lol....Just kidding? Later, and Enjoy Everyone...

9. Xanax

Xanax Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 28, 2010
    East Coast
    I've recieved juices in my mailbox that were just plain too hot to touch. That can't be good...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. holly6237

holly6237 Full Member

Apr 28, 2010
    Las Vegas
    Thanks everybody!

So, to answer a few of the questions...I've been vaping for about two months, so I don't have a lot of experience with this, definitely still learning. I ordered the juice from Ms. Ts Bakery.

It wasn't a new atty. I learned about the liquid in a new atty (the hard way), this was definitely the juice. It's not that I don't like the flavors, they didn't taste like the flavors, all three were the same, just a really bad taste.

Maybe it was just contamination, the one was leaking. Maybe it was the heat, I do live in Nevada, but I picked them up the day they were delivered and I've never had a problem with any other juice I've ordered. But who knows, they could have baked in a truck somewhere before I got them.

11. HzG8rGrl

HzG8rGrl Trippy Tip Hoarder Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 11, 2009
    *The Swamp*
    MsTs is real good stuff. Shoot her an e-mail or call her. She will def right the problem.
    I promise!

12. PaulCincy

Feb 12, 2010
    Cincinnati OH
    Yes, Ms. T's is good...I just think they are a little pricey....Also Gournet Vapor is a good one that I also use....Soo Many Choices.....Enjoy...

13. holly6237

holly6237 Full Member

Apr 28, 2010
    Las Vegas
    Maybe I'll send them an email and see what they think happened. Things like this happen sometimes and I was curious if anybody else had this experience.

14. Noobie315

Noobie315 Moved On

Jun 18, 2010
    Planet Uranus
    I ordered some vapor from valuevapor.com the other day it has fast shipping and LOW prices BUT!!!! The quality SUCKS! The vapor is like water and the attys have no power and they suck! I thought id give them a try cause of their price and saw good reviews but i warning you now if you like watery e liquid and sucky attys throw your money away at value vapor. Im guessing they cut their e liquid with water to make up for their low price.I even tried posting a testiomonial on their website and this is the email response i got:

"Thanks for your testimonial submission. However, it's a little confusing what "quality" you mean is below par at VV. It seems like you're implying we have bad merchandise and that just isn't true. So I'm going to hold it.

Thanks,
    James"

:blink:How are you going to hold MY testimonial. That says something about this company JUST BEWARE:evil:

Noobie 315

15. doots

doots Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 22, 2009
    you might also shake it good before use if you havent already.

See if you can get a replacement from venfod. send t back.

16. pastyguy

pastyguy Full Member

Jun 1, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    I find my juice gets better after sitting around for a while. Other people have said this, too.

17. Seabrook

Seabrook Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Mar 17, 2010
    Oceanside, CA
    I've ordered a lot of juice, and nothing has ever smelled putrid when I've opened the bottle. Somthing went wrong somewhere. You should not have thrown it away, you should have sent it back to her and asked her if she knew what could have gone wrong. Then you could determine whether you want to re-order during the summer.

You might just want to go to your nearest storefront and purchase juice throughout the summer. If you don't know of any storefronts near you, then you could ask the Vegas Vapers Social Group here on the forum if they know of the nearest storefront. Might even have to pay a willing vendor extra to have it mailed in ice. Man, what a bummer. Ms T's Bakery has a really fine reputation here as a supplier.

18. Zeroi

Zeroi Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 30, 2010
    Singapore
    The juice can last for 2 years fresh from the factory but that depends if they are leave in open air, than it different

19. Zeroi

Zeroi Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 30, 2010
    Singapore
    I still like the E-Liquid from Janty

20. HzG8rGrl

HzG8rGrl Trippy Tip Hoarder Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 11, 2009
    *The Swamp*
    Holly-Did you ever resolve your issue with your e-liquid? We are anxious to hear.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.