Eleaf GS Air Fan : Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

love coffee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Charlotte, NC
The 1.5Ω GS Air dual horizontal coils (my favorite) come with silica wicks. The newer, vertical coils (1.2Ω) are cotton. At least that was the case I last ordered them, and that was a while ago. I used to get mine from Rocky Mountain Vapor.

@Katya
Katya, did you like the cotton coils? And, do they fit the GS-Air M?

Reactions: Katya

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
@Katya
Katya, did you like the cotton coils? And, do they fit the GS-Air M?

For some reason, I prefer the old, dual horizontal coils (1.5Ω) coils. Besides, those can be rebuilt (with some effort) with a single horizontal coil. I tried the vertical cotton ones, but I wasn't very happy with them. But that's just my personal preference. You may feel differently. And yes, they are all interchangeable and fit all the GS Air tanks.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Yeah, only sub ohmers get the big tanks now. Not many options for coils and nothing is modifiable.

Yeah. I don't need huge tanks, but 3-4 ml is what I like. That's one reason I switched to ego One series. Larger tanks and easily rebuildable coils.

Reactions: r77r7r

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    For some reason, I prefer the old, dual horizontal coils (1.5Ω) coils. Besides, those can be rebuilt (with some effort) with a single horizontal coil. I tried the vertical cotton ones, but I wasn't very happy with them. But that's just my personal preference. You may feel differently. And yes, they are all interchangeable and fit all the GS Air tanks.
    I have the same opinion:)

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 11, 2013
    Maui, Hawaii
    Hiya Katya! Good to see you around again!

Were the 1.5 ohm coils dual horizontal? It’s been awhile, but I thought they were single horizontal coils with a silica wick and a cotton surround. Maybe old age is getting to me....

Katya

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    Was that the one where the coils were stacked one on top of the other?

Yes. The search engine here doesn't work, so I Googled GS Coil rebuild, but Cheech's video has been removed? Not sure why. His blog is gone, also... :( It showed the innards of the coils and how to rebuild them. There are some videos on YouTube (not in English) that show a GS rebuild, but I haven't watched them.

All can be rebuilt, but the easiest is the 1.5 dual coils into a single coil like the video shows. The 1.2 and .75 have a "manhole" cover in the top instead of a cap
    and are vertical, single coil.
    The gauze can be bought at Dollar Store, there is a picture of it in my blog: Relining The GS Air | E-Cigarette Forum

We are waiting to see if the new 1.2 coils are dual cotton coils...

Reactions: Jumpin' In...

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 11, 2013
    Maui, Hawaii
    Yes. The search engine here doesn't work, so I Googled GS Coil rebuild, but Cheech's video has been removed? Not sure why. His blog is gone, also... :( It showed the innards of the coils and how to rebuild them. There are some videos on YouTube (not in English) that show a GS rebuild, but I haven't watched them.

Ok thanks. This has been a good refresher for me, in preparation for the day I get myself an Eleaf Kiya kit. Dunno how long I can resist that one, especially since I have a bunch of these coils, a few already rebuilt, lying around. :)

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 11, 2013
    Maui, Hawaii
    ??? New toys? :lol:

All I want is a Kayfun 4 vape with a Kayfun 5 simplicity. Seriously. Why oh why can't I have it? :facepalm:
    Yeah.... I’m no gear hound, but I’m having a hard time resisting that one.

KMv3? Fired one up recently for the first time in quite awhile. Hard to find a good clone now.

Katya

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    Yeah.... I’m no gear hound, but I’m having a hard time resisting that one.

Really? I'll take a look. :)

KMv3? Fired one up recently for the first time in quite awhile. Hard to find a good clone now.

Too small, too fiddly, too much trouble. Got one from FT a long time ago, used it a couple of times, sitting in its box--unloved... :cry:

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 11, 2013
    Maui, Hawaii
    Really? I'll take a look. :)
    . . .
    Nah. Don’t go by me. Not entirely sure why I like it so much.

Pros: small, very large and readable screen, comes with low-profile atty for which I already have coils, fast charging (2 amp as I recall), djlsb provides a TCR setting for running SS316L, 25 mm width (I only have 22 mm mods so far).

Cons: low battery capacity (1600 mAh), so only good for shorter jaunts.

I think I just really like the form factor of the entire package. Would be a kinda irrational purchase for me. You’ve seen it before in the “itty bitty mods” thread.

$41.50 Authentic Eleaf iStick Kiya Kit w/ GS Juni Clearomizer - 2ml / 0.75/1.5ohm / 1600mAh / 1-50W / 100-315'C(200-600'F) at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Last edited:

OcalaFlGuy

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 4, 2015
    Ocala, Fl
    Yeah. I don't need huge tanks, but 3-4 ml is what I like. That's one reason I switched to ego One series. Larger tanks and easily rebuildable coils.
    I came in right at the end of all the big sales for Ego Ones and the Trons. :( I've watched for the past month and don't even see much at all of them at FULL price anymore. I am still using GS stuff. I know the Egos are supposedly easier to rebuild but I've probably rebuilt 100+ GS coils, I pretty well have it down pat.

And of course, the GS stuff is STILL readily available. I think it is Sweetvapes that still has the M's for $10. I may actually get 2 or 3 more for spares and some more coils. I actually bought a couple replacement 1/16" drill bits the other days for MS coils. ;)

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Cheechako

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 11, 2012
    Arizona
    Yes. The search engine here doesn't work, so I Googled GS Coil rebuild, but Cheech's video has been removed? Not sure why. His blog is gone, also... :( It showed the innards of the coils and how to rebuild them.

My YouTube channel got hacked apparently, so I removed everything. I guess using the password of 1-2-3-4 like my luggage wasn't such a good idea.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread