The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Eleaf istick 50w Owners Group

Discussion in 'VV/VW APV Discussion' started by JeremyR, Mar 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. JeremyR

JeremyR Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Dec 29, 2012
    Oregon, IL
    There's always a chance the cloner fixed the problem. Or did it in a smarter way. Lol its happened before.

• Like Like x 2
  2. aikanae1

aikanae1 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 2, 2013
    az
    Thx. I'll have to take a look at those. I also liked the 1OOw, but chicken to take the chance without giving those that are out now a chance and see what happens with them. I tend to think that although the 5Ow istick had a high failure rate, the way Eleaf handled it made it bigger than it already was. That's not so easy to forget. They come up with nice designs too, but just can't skimp on everything. I still really liked that 6Ow, but not the way they did it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dave_in_OK

Dave_in_OK Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 20, 2013
    San Antonio Texas
    Well after about 9 months my 50W just started to auto-fire guess it's time to find a replacement any suggestions?

• Like Like x 1
  4. HDMontana

HDMontana Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 16, 2014
    Montana
    Evic mini tc.

HD

• Like Like x 2
  5. aikanae1

aikanae1 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 2, 2013
    az
    I got Cool Fire IV. Kangside has some interesting mods out including the Sea Wasp that I was looking at. There's a spreadsheet at "Itty Bitty Mods Under $1OO" thread you might be interested in. Do you want a replaceable battery?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Dave_in_OK

Feb 20, 2013
    San Antonio Texas
    Not really looking for replaceable battery types as I've gotten use to the ease of use of the 50W. I'll have to check out the spreadsheet thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  7. jefsview

jefsview Vaping Master ECF Veteran

May 2, 2013
    Crete, Il
    Grab an Evic VT (not mini): built-in 4400 mAh lipo battery, 60 watts and has tempt control settings in case you want to experiment with it. Joyetech has been concentrating on the Evic VTC mini, so the original Evic VT has been drastically reduced in price in most places. I've had mine for 6 months now, and just bought a second one for the future. While I still enjoy my iStick 50W, the Evic VT lasts even longer and has a smoother output signal.

If you change your mind about replaceable batteries, the it would be the iStick 100W. Heavy, solid beast of a mod with dual battery life that kicks some butt.

Sorry to hear that your 50W started to die. As I said, I still enjoy mine, but I also enjoy other mods that are just as affordable. It's always good to have back-ups of your back-ups ;)

• Like Like x 2
  8. Dave_in_OK

Feb 20, 2013
    San Antonio Texas
    Must say the Evic VT looks very nice and for $43 bucks I just might have get one thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  9. jefsview

jefsview Vaping Master ECF Veteran

May 2, 2013
    Crete, Il
    VapeNW has them for $39.95 for the express kit (battery only), which is what I picked up for my second VT. Seeing how the Evic VTC mini is $43 and has no battery, it's a steal. Only downside is the board isn't upgradeable, but you can't have everything ;)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Dave_in_OK

Feb 20, 2013
    San Antonio Texas
    Was just looking at that deal lol. It's a little bigger than what I was thinking about but for the price think I'll be ordering one tonight.

11. PyroTekRob

PyroTekRob Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 28, 2015
    Norco, Ca
    Sigelei Fuchai. Got mine for $60. Topped it with a uwell Crown.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  12. Dave_in_OK

Feb 20, 2013
    San Antonio Texas
    I went ahead and ordered the Evic VT from VapeNW.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Chuck64

Chuck64 Super Member ECF Veteran

Nov 17, 2015
    NV. USA
    My Ijust 2 kit finally arrived from fasttech and I found it to be made pretty much for straight lung hits. Not mtl like I had hoped. I've been working on it but that Ijust 2 is freaking hot with the goofy airflow ring on it. So for now I put the Ijust battery away and hooked up the ijust2 tank to my istick 50w. After a bit of trial I finally have a setup I can do lung hits on. I have the istick set between 35 and 40 watts and am using .5 ohm coil in the ijust2 tank. I'll use that for a while till I get more used to it and increase wattage and then try the full ijust2 battery and tank. Hell, the way it's running right now I may keep it this way.

14. williamclarkonet

williamclarkonet Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jul 11, 2014
    Iowa United States
    My iStick 50w died after 6 months of heavy use I bought another one but don't use it very much because I got the eVic VTC Mini kit and like it a lot better.I don't think i will be buying anymore eleaf products for a while

• Like Like x 2
  15. Chuck64

Nov 17, 2015
    NV. USA
    When you say "died" what do you mean? Just completely died? Battery won't charge? I'm very curious about how these fail.

16. williamclarkonet

williamclarkonet Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jul 11, 2014
    Iowa United States
    usb port quit charging the device but before that the firing button would not stop firing

• Like Like x 2
  17. ResDog70

ResDog70 Full Member

Oct 7, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    Well, after having a 50W for several months without issue, it was stolen from my car. :( I immediately reordered one. Got it on Friday and the damn thing died on Sunday!! ...?? Tried to open it up to see what the issue was, and two screws wouldn't turn with the proper bit, so I had to destroy it to open it up. It's the damn switch. It's a little, VERY little, piece soldered on POORLY by two VERY small posts. One of these gives, and the whole things is screwed. Both had given way in mine. I tried my best to repair it, but to no avail. This switch is set in a way that heavy pressure on the switch WILL move it... even a very small amount. Too much pressure + a weak solder (both posts were minimal solder) and the switch will separate the three connectors. Bad... horrible design... simply unrealistic to expect that little component to take that much possible variable force on it. Granted the button housing looks like it was designed to not allow pressure to fully rest on the switch, but clearly it does in some scenarios. So disappointed. NOT getting another one, that's for sure!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Agent75

Agent75 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Oct 7, 2014
    United Kingdom
    My button is hit and miss these days. Sometimes it fires, sometimes not. It's a shame because the battery life and power are excellent on this device. Mine is a little over 7 months old, but the shonky button became an issue after 4 months.

19. roxynoodle

roxynoodle Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Jun 19, 2014
    Ohio
    Welp, my first istick 50W died quietly in its sleep. It was from the first run, directly from Eleaf/ismoka. It was a bit over a year old. I even ran it over with a tractor during the summer.

I may get a new board from FT and fix it. It was a good little mod for the most part.

20. Chuck64

Nov 17, 2015
    NV. USA
    That's the thing with these. People either love them or hate them. Mine is a couple months old and I'm happy with it so far. Cautious but happy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.