Eleaf istick 50w Owners Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

c3scott

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2014
PA
Anyone have an idea as to whether or not eleaf corrected this issues causing the auto firing? I had one that was a post Chinese New Year manufacture. I know there was speculation the extra delay after new year was for them to fix the problems. I never had an issue with mine until an unfortunate incident (my fault)I would rather not share but it looks as though fasstech may replace it.

If they do how safe should I feel handing the replacement over to my wife who's vaping expertise is hitting the fire button? I have moved on to an evic mini so I don't need it. But she needs an upgrade to her MVP 2.0.

Risk a fire with the wife or sell it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Whats a risk of fire worth? I would dipose of it and buy an MVP Pro

Reactions: herb

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
I still have one of the first out in production, don't use it much anymore but I've never had a problem with any iSticks. Actually, I haven't heard of anyone having problems lately.

If you are ever on "Reddit" most seem to despise the iSticks these days , mostly due to Eleafs total BS regarding warranty.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Sounds like Eleaf may have fixed the OLED displays going dark (since no one is mentioning that problem anymore). I had two, one I bought and the other a replacement for the first, go dark within a month or two of purchase. It would vape, but no display. It's hard to adjust something that requires various numbers of clicks to enter different menu options if the display is dark, so I just opted for an Innoking Cool Fire 4 as the third replacement under warranty. It's been highly reliable.

I hated to lose the iStick 50W. The dual battery configuration gave me about two days of vaping on a charge. It felt good in my hand, looked good, and appeared to be well made mechanically from the exterior.

Last edited:

empteeteacup

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2015
Tampa, FL
I just got my 50w. I had some issues on the first few hit with a weird delay, and then it randomly dropped down to 5.7w. Could just be my new Subtank mini breaking in, but idk. I sure hope these issues don't continue. I bought two: one for me and one for my mom for Christmas...

Reactions: crystalluv545

empteeteacup

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2015
Tampa, FL
Yeah, there is a slight delay in the normal firing.

It sounds like you did have an atomizer issue though. Make sure your tank is tightened to the mod. No real tight but enough to compress the 510. Most tanks will be bottoming out on the top when tightened properly.

I figured out the issue. I accidentally switched it to voltage mode. Durrr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread