Eleaf istick 50w Owners Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuck64

ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2015
NV. USA
Thank you. I think I've read all 100 pages of this thread while waiting for it to arrive. Just for kicks I checked the authenticity on the bottom of the box and it appears that over a dozen people checked theirs over the last week with the same number. So far I'm happy though as its my first step up as a beginner.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I keep stopping by to read the iStick threads hoping to hear that all the problems were fixed. So far, the same issues are popping up. I really liked my iStick 50W. It would go all day and into the next on a charge. It fit my hand well and had the features I was looking for. Too bad that the displays kept dying. The good part was that the local vendor was willing to support the failures with replacements over the counter.

They finally gave me a Coolfire 4 that has worked perfectly for 6 months now. I'd buy the iStick 100W right now, but the threads are reporting the same issues as the 50W. Go figure.

Right now, I'm vaping on my iStick 20W while my CoolFire 4 charges. This old iStick 20W has vaped for well over a year, been dropped in the floor, scratched up, and is still reliable. You have to wonder why they can't all be like the 20W for reliability. I guess the R&D department has changed along with the assembly line.

I have a Provari V2 that's 5 years old. It just keeps on ticking. It's another of my reliable backups. Sure, it's old and was expensive and doesn't do wattage or any of the fancy features, but it's rock solid variable voltage.

Last edited:

Cheechako

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Arizona
eleaf screwed the pooch on the mods after the 20 and 30 as far as I can see.
I have the 40 TC and it's battery life seems less than the 30W. And that's using it with standard
coils, not TC. Very disappointing developments for a company that could have captured a large
part of the mod market...a highly motivated, strategically shaved monkey could have made better
business decisions.

Jingles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2011
Ohio
Do you think Eleaf is still manufacturing the 20 W's? I know some vendors still have them on their shelves, but I don't know if these are old stock or not? I am tempted to pick up a couple more 20's, but am concerned the battery may be old/aging? (Maybe this isn't a valid thing to be concerned about. I just don;t know)...

Cheechako

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Arizona
Do you think Eleaf is still manufacturing the 20 W's? I know some vendors still have them on their shelves, but I don't know if these are old stock or not? I am tempted to pick up a couple more 20's, but am concerned the battery may be old/aging? (Maybe this isn't a valid thing to be concerned about. I just don;t know)...

I would strongly consider the 30W, long battery life and at about the same price.
I wonder how age in storage does affect these batteries...I'm pretty clueless about
batteries.

Reactions: aikanae1

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az

There were enough improvements in the 3Ow to make a difference. As far as I know, the 3Ow is the most stable of the bunch.

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
All of my iSticks are still going strong without issues (except for the soft 510 threads on the 20W).

That includes: 2 20W (1 PIF'd), 2 30W, 1 50W, and 1 100W. All were purchased upon their initial US release, except the 100W, which I've had for about a month. I use them daily and none of them have skipped a beat. Recently I was going to buy another 50W, but had the chance to get a second Evic VT for only $5 more, and chose that simply for the fact it had more battery life.

xpen

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2012
Italy
I'm still hoping they might come up with a (proper, reliable, durable) 50W v2, loved the v1 so much. Perfect form factor, more than enough power for me, long lasting battery.
Alas, it's dead. Well, not completely dead, from time to time it still wakes up on its own, looking for another atomizer to melt. I've last charged it months ago, then it failed for good. The little sh*t.

Chuck64

ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2015
NV. USA
I ordered my istick 50 that just arrived last week as a "styled" item. I just couldn't take a chance on the real thing, plus I heard fasttech's istick 50 clones are holding up well. The only difference I found so far is the temperature readout trick doesn't work and you can't flip the screen. I'm very happy so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread