eLeaf iStick Basic not firing.. flashing LED?

Status
Not open for further replies.

maplesyrupghost

Apr 11, 2016
[SOLVED]

Hey e-cig forum! I'm brand new to vaping. I had an eGo-T for a few years but I found it horrible and never really used it.. decided to try it out again and the guy at the store recommended the eleaf iStick Basic starter kit. Got a couple bottles of juice, charged it, filled it, and it just worked instantly. Was super impressed, already pre-planning gifts of these wonderful things to all my friends and family, and about an hour later it stops working? Really ticked off but it seems like a common enough device that there is probably an easy solution to this.

When it stopped working, I was sure there was power in the battery... but plugged it back in anyway. Red light came on, about 30 mins later the light went out (so it DOES charge).

When I press and hold the button, no light comes on. When I tap it 5 times to turn it on, it blinks indicating it works. I can also press it 5 more times to turn off (it is functional still -- but not firing).

When it is ON, and I press and hold the button, the light seems to flash infinitely. I can't seem to find a proper list of what the flashing means. Even the manual doesn't really say much about it. It is possible that (in my forum searching) that the center pin is not connecting. Manual seems to say the the device will flash slowly when the button is pressed without an atomizer. It does blink the exact same for me with or without my atomizer, so this is 99% what is going on. What a horrible product where it cannot last an hour without an issue.

My question to you guys, if you would be so kind, how can I adjust the unit so that it starts to work again? At the bottom of the atomizer there is a little brass thing that looks like a flathead screwdriver could turn it, but is that an adjustment point? Or is the problem at the connection point in the tank? I don't really want to mess with it as it's brand new and I'm also a noob. Any advice (beyond returning it).

I really do like the unit -- if it works..

Last edited:

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
I did try one of these just after the New Year - took it back to the shop who replaced it...and the same thing happened with the replacement two days later; took that back and paid the difference and got myself another iStick 30w and another Nautilus Mini, so there could be a problem with some of the batches of these.

I'd suggest taking it back to the shop and getting them to look at it rather than fiddling with it yourself.

maplesyrupghost

Apr 11, 2016
I did try one of these just after the New Year - took it back to the shop who replaced it...and the same thing happened with the replacement two days later; took that back and paid the difference and got myself another iStick 30w and another Nautilus Mini, so there could be a problem with some of the batches of these.

I'd suggest taking it back to the shop and getting them to look at it rather than fiddling with it yourself.
Yea I really don't want to damage it if that's going to void my warranty or return policy. Unless there was a simple way to adjust it.

Any recommendations on a product that actually works? As in, something with a better track record for an affordable price? Need something foolproof, common (easy to get parts for), and reliable..

maplesyrupghost

Apr 11, 2016
just as I was leaving work, one of the guys was fiddling with it and somehow got it to work. what he ultimately did was loosen the bottom part where the (i assume) coil is. It was a total fluke, he had never even seen one before, but it sort of makes sense.. maybe I put it together too tight and it needed to be like 1/8th of a turn looser. works like magic. I'll go exchange it if it glitches again but if anyone in the future has an issue with one of these.. try loosen the lower part a bit (but dont touch the brass part because I didn't do that)

Reactions: Falconeer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread